Riding the Bench

Re: Burg 2020

Post by Prince »

And Burg doesn’t RECRUIT?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prince wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:42 pm And Burg doesn’t RECRUIT?
Nah. They just open the doors when someone knocks.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 pm
Better than goin out and getting the players like so many other area schools do

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 pm
Better than goin out and getting the players like so many other area schools do
:lol: :roll:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The burg community lost a great man today in with the passing of coach watts. It won’t be the same without u on the sidelines. R.I.P. Wattsy!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coach watts has seen a lot of football and has been an influence to many student athletes at burg. Burg took a hit today.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:01 pm Coach watts has seen a lot of football and has been an influence to many student athletes at burg. Burg took a hit today.
That’s for sure. It’s def a devastating blow to the burg community

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Any info? Predictions

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

6-4 to 10-0. Playoffs are a definite, nearly a marked certainty at Wheelersburg. There’s three absolutes in life, taxes, death, and the Burg having a winning record. They haven’t had less than a 5-5 regular season since prior to 1964. 31 Playoff appearances, a 39-29 playoff record, 8 times a state semifinalist, and 2 State Championships. Wheelersburg doesn’t rebuild. They reload.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well said.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm 6-4 to 10-0. Playoffs are a definite, nearly a marked certainty at Wheelersburg. There’s three absolutes in life, taxes, death, and the Burg having a winning record. They haven’t had less than a 5-5 regular season since prior to 1964. 31 Playoff appearances, a 39-29 playoff record, 8 times a state semifinalist, and 2 State Championships. Wheelersburg doesn’t rebuild. They reload.
Schedule is tough again so that may cause a few dents. I would say more like 7-3 to 9-1. I think they upset one or two. I believe they will be better overall and for once will be more balanced offensively without the homerun threat. They have three sophomores that may turn heads.My biggest question mark will be run defense. They werent good in that department last year. They will be hard to beat if they can shore that up.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:54 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm 6-4 to 10-0. Playoffs are a definite, nearly a marked certainty at Wheelersburg. There’s three absolutes in life, taxes, death, and the Burg having a winning record. They haven’t had less than a 5-5 regular season since prior to 1964. 31 Playoff appearances, a 39-29 playoff record, 8 times a state semifinalist, and 2 State Championships. Wheelersburg doesn’t rebuild. They reload.
Schedule is tough again so that may cause a few dents. I would say more like 7-3 to 9-1. I think they upset one or two. I believe they will be better overall and for once will be more balanced offensively without the homerun threat. They have three sophomores that may turn heads.My biggest question mark will be run defense. They werent good in that department last year. They will be hard to beat if they can shore that up.

Ironton/Jackson....who you anticipating on possible givin tha burg a 3rd loss ??

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Ironton/Jackson....who you anticipating on possible givin tha burg a 3rd loss ??
I think at ashland may be burgs toughest game
Ironton and Jackson are home

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:55 pm

I don’t THink I was aware Burg/Ashland play this fall. Maybe at one time I did. Yes , those three will definitely challenge the pirates. As you said they have 2 of 3 inside the safe confines of the roarin cannon. But even at home. Beatin a team with LB commit to OSU and another team with a LB commit to WVU won’t be an easy task. I’m sure tha burg will more than up to the challenge and what a statement if they do.

That said.

If burg beats Ironton/Jackson/Ashland

Will any of these be considered “upset” Wins considering 2019 results ????? Or business as usual ???

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:37 pm

I don’t THink I was aware Burg/Ashland play this fall. Maybe at one time I did. Yes , those three will definitely challenge the pirates. As you said they have 2 of 3 inside the safe confines of the roarin cannon. But even at home. Beatin a team with LB commit to OSU and another team with a LB commit to WVU won’t be an easy task. I’m sure tha burg will more than up to the challenge and what a statement if they do.

That said.

Will any of these be considered “upset” Wins considering 2019 results ????? Or business as usual ???
I think ironton is a winnable game. New QB first start away could hurt the tigers. They will give a steady diet of Carrico but will be enough to win the game?

Jackson is a long shot. Burg could sneak away with a win with some fortunate bounces.

Ashland will probably be a loss. Different set of rules over there.

Those are the 3 losses I could see them having but I could also see them steal one or two. Waverly could be dangerous. Again I’m visualizing what I think they will be, they could struggle with all three of those teams above like one poster said earlier.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

That said.

I’m sure ironton fans would consider a burg win in week 1 an upset😂

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:12 pm

That said.

I think ironton is a winnable game. New QB first start away could hurt the tigers. They will give a steady diet of Carrico but will be enough to win the game?

Jackson is a long shot. Burg could sneak away with a win with some fortunate bounces.

Those are the 3 losses I could see them having but I could also see them steal one or two. Waverly could be dangerous. Again I’m visualizing what I think they will be, they could struggle with all three of those teams above like one poster said earlier.

Does burg have Waverly this year as well ??

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

fbnut wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:49 am

That said.

I’m sure ironton fans would consider a burg win in week 1 an upset😂

Yes , you are correct.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:32 pm

That said.

They have Waverly every year. They are in the same league.

I see 7-3 to 8-2. Tough to beat Ashland at there place. Ironton and Jackson, even though both at home will be tough games. Matthews will be tough to replace. If Nunley and Miller can come back at full strength that will help. I think Burg also has a couple for Sophomore RB's that could see a lot of playing time. I'll leave that at that until the season starts.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:53 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:32 pm

They have Waverly every year. They are in the same league.

I see 7-3 to 8-2. Tough to beat Ashland at there place. Ironton and Jackson, even though both at home will be tough games. Matthews will be tough to replace. If Nunley and Miller can come back at full strength that will help. I think Burg also has a couple for Sophomore RB's that could see a lot of playing time. I'll leave that at that until the season starts.

Good heavens I knew that 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Return to “Football”