No fans this fall

Paladin
SEOP

Re: No fans this fall

Post by Paladin »

Someone is deleting my posts. Getting desperate when losing a debate ?

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:36 pm Someone is deleting my posts. Getting desperate when losing a debate ?
Not me. Lol. I think your thoughts on the matter are horrendous but this is America.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Astute is a the word for Paladin's posts/thoughts. Good observations on situations before he speaks. I've read many of his posts with what time I have on here. His comments are usually honest, and top notch. Very Sagacious.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I never thought about the refs they was already a shortage and you know even if they try to have football about half of the refs wouldn’t participate because the risk just wouldn’t be worth what they are paid since most are older maybe even some coaches wouldn’t coach this year would a players family be able to sue the school and claim the school didn’t do enough to protect players if a player got it lots of times waivers don’t hold up in court

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:49 pm Astute is a the word for Paladin's posts/thoughts. Good observations on situations before he speaks. I've read many of his posts with what time I have on here. His comments are usually honest, and top notch. Very Sagacious.
Lol. How is turning this to his advantage? You probably say this because he adheres to your line of thought. I too try to observe on the situation before I speak.

Here is my counter to the having no sports argument. The number one concern is the student athlete, not a person’s political or social view on the matter. A lot of these student athletes need coaches, teammates, etc to escape emotional and possibly negative situations. They also use this as a catalyst to help further their education.

I would accept the the notion of it being a bad idea if the curve hadn’t been flattened, but it has. Furthermore, football or any other sport isn’t going to be any different than opening up places of social gathering. Practice safe measures yes, but let these kids try to live normal lives because right now their leaders and government officials are being total d...s.
Last edited by wobycat on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:37 am I never thought about the refs they was already a shortage and you know even if they try to have football about half of the refs wouldn’t participate because the risk just wouldn’t be worth what they are paid since most are older maybe even some coaches wouldn’t coach this year would a players family be able to sue the school and claim the school didn’t do enough to protect players if a player got it lots of times waivers don’t hold up in court
Spoke with a ref the other day. The talk in his circle is most of them,if not all are ready to officiate. You have to remember, there are plenty of these guys that rely on the income.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Really ? The ADs up here have a problem. Refs have been blunt - risk death or being maimed for life with inflamed lungs for a few bucks ? Really ? Guys up here do it for the love of the game. Few bucks is nice too but not at the expense of their life or health. Call this what it is - political. For the sake of a game, people can die needlessly or be maimed. Surely you don’t think the vast majority support that. Why do you think the polls show overwhelming support for DeWine and Acton on this issue ? The opposite position is held by misfits and malcontents. Very small minority.

Have gun, will travel
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I am so tired of political agendas being pushed on people (yes I believe this is just another agenda).. and if you disagree with their agendas they yell "idiot" or "racist" or call you irresponsible or accuse you of not caring about others etc... Everything is open except some of your eyes!!! Kids are playing ball now, amusement parks opening, restaurants are full, walmart and lowes have been packed since day one... Just got back from the beach, thousands of people and business as normal other than a few extra hand sanitizing precautions. Oh and don't forget the hundreds of thousands of people packed in the streets "protesting". Guess what... people are not getting sick anymore than they have from the beginning. Kids are not at risk here and I no longer buy the grandma killer theory either. Sports will happen this fall and there will be fans.. I would put money on it. Vulnerable people need to take extra precautions and be cautious, healthy people wash your hands! It's time to get back to living.
Last edited by longball on Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Enjoyed a nice weekend of softball and baseball,no masks no distancing..kids in dugouts sitting around each other having a good time..very enjoyable to see..glad people are seeing what a joke this was but still aggravated kids lost their senior years..if you’re scared stay home

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

1.9 million plus cases (known) and over 111k deaths and climbing. What could go wrong ?

Have gun, will travel
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:41 am 1.9 million plus cases (known) and over 111k deaths and climbing. What could go wrong ?
mother nature just doing a little spring cleaning nothing to see here

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

What a reply, wow every life matters and these people are making lite of this pandemic, just wow. Paladin your above posts are exactly right About this.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Good. Better you and yours than me or mine , Blitz. Neanderthals went extinct too.

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Paladin, what would your boss do with you didn’t follow guidelines set forth at work and you did as you wanted and just acted like the boss never said anything. You would be fired. Same here our Gov DEWine has set forth guidelines, social distance, wash hands, wear masks and people not following the safety procedures set forth by our Governor. So down the road when positions come open and bosses and school boards have to make decisions on hiring, I hope all is watching who doesn’t follow rules and if they don’t now, do you think they will then. Very interesting to watch down the road.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

What is interesting is many of the Neanderthals haven’t heard what school boards are hearing from their INSURANCE carriers about liability. lol

Have gun, will travel
Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Like I said glad everything is getting back where it should have been in first place..at least those that lost their spring sports can get some summer ball in

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 am What is interesting is many of the Neanderthals haven’t heard what school boards are hearing from their INSURANCE carriers about liability. lol
Yet the school boards are still allowing everything to start back up, strange??? Kind of contradicts everything you've been saying, you think if they were worried about everything you mentioned they'd allow practices to start up?? No they wouldn't. I think you guys are thinking the practices are just like normal, which isn't true so far and this will obviously change once the tackling begins, practices are run better from a safety stand point than the general public is doing it. Coaches are doing better jobs of enforcing social distancing than the governor, who knows he can't enforce it. Coaches are breaking kids down into groups of 9 or less, keeping kids spread out and different areas of the field. Some are running multiple sessions to cut down on the total number at practice at once. You think coaches and players want to play this fall?? Absolutely so they'll go above and beyond to do there best from a sanitizing, social distancing and total numbers stand point. Unlike the public who isn't going above or beyond on anything so yeah it's more likely you'll contract it from others than at practice given the guidelines coaches, I'm sure not all, are following. As I waited for grocers in the pickup area I watched everyone going into the store with no mask, taking their kids in with them, going in groups of 2 or more to grocier shop. Appreciate the input on what you think are facts but it's simply an opinion, what coaches I've talked with and how they're doing things those are the facts and those guys are taking things very seriously.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Tom Pavlansky is the President of the OHSFCA. He is also my neighbor. I’ll take his input over yours.

The reasons I’ve outlined are the same for him. Sports remain in doubt.

Have gun, will travel
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am Tom Pavlansky is the President of the OHSFCA. He is also my neighbor. I’ll take his input over yours.

The reasons I’ve outlined are the same for him. Sports remain in doubt.
He must know more than Jerry Snodgrass who my friend talks to daily. Baring a 2nd wave sports are going to start. We might only get fans at 25/50 % capacity but as of now they are on. Practice is going to begin early on July 1.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sports, if played, will be on a school district by district basis. School boards will have the final say.

Book it.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”