Ironton - 2 JV Teams Schedule

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Ironton - 2 JV Teams Schedule

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton will be fielding 2 JV Teams this year, here’s the Teams scheduled.

OOC

Wheelersburg
Russell, KY
Jackson
Hilliard Davidson
Bishop Hartley
Johnson Central, KY
Spring Valley, WV

IC

Portsmouth
Fairland
Chesapeake
South Point
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
Gall is Academy

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ironton - 2 JV Teams Schedule

Post by countywide35 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 pm Ironton will be fielding 2 JV Teams this year, here’s the Teams scheduled.

OOC

Wheelersburg
Russell, KY
Jackson
Hilliard Davidson
Bishop Hartley
Johnson Central, KY
Spring Valley, WV

IC

Portsmouth
Fairland
Chesapeake
South Point
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
Gall is Academy

Wow that OOC is no joke !!!

That’ll bring the best out of your JV squad.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Will they have a freshman team?

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Davidson JV will probably be all juniors, very optimistic schedule for I town.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton has turned into a powerhouse pretty fast

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I thought when I saw 2 Jv teams meant freshman and a actual jv team and I asked and the response was no there is 2 jv teams. How many kids total will ironton have. I don’t know if I ever heard of 2 jv teams.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:25 pm I thought when I saw 2 Jv teams meant freshman and a actual jv team and I asked and the response was no there is 2 jv teams. How many kids total will ironton have. I don’t know if I ever heard of 2 jv teams.
:lol: Why even make this announcement? Imagine if you were classified as 2nd team jv? Which is what this looks like to me. Why not just say you have a 10 game jv schedule. They don’t have anymore players than Jackson, burg, etc.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:40 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:25 pm I thought when I saw 2 Jv teams meant freshman and a actual jv team and I asked and the response was no there is 2 jv teams. How many kids total will ironton have. I don’t know if I ever heard of 2 jv teams.
:lol: Why even make this announcement? Imagine if you were classified as 2nd team jv? Which is what this looks like to me. Why not just say you have a 10 game jv schedule. They don’t have anymore players than Jackson, burg, etc.
Ask the Coach, seems like he knows what he’s doing. I’m guessing it’s building competition, just a guess on my part.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Yeah beats me. I’m not a ironton person I just seen 2 jv teams and thought what in the world lol. Maybe not enough freshman for a team and mixed with a few other kids. The headline makes it sound like there’s 368 kids

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If I was a sophomore running 2nd TEAM JV (not 2nd string), might be time to start thinking about cross country or golf.*

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 pm
If I was a sophomore running 2nd TEAM JV (not 2nd string), might be time to start thinking about cross country or golf.*
It's an opportunity to get more players playing time which helps them develop. A lot of schools wish they had that many kids.
From Facebook Ironton has around 70 kids showing up to workouts. Now more of those kids have an opportunity to play and compete. That will pay off for the Tigers.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:55 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 pm

It's an opportunity to get more players playing time which helps them develop. A lot of schools wish they had that many kids.
From Facebook Ironton has around 70 kids showing up to workouts. Now more of those kids have an opportunity to play and compete. That will pay off for the Tigers.
Orange and Brown gets it, I’m glad somebody does lol.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I still don’t get this. Burg has averaged 70 kids or more for several years now. They’ve never done this. In fact I’ve never heard of anyone doing it. Saying you have two jv teams is strange to me. Why not say, here’s our jv schedule? Play the kids you want in each game.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

If you are on conference jv team,work hard and you move up to the ooc schedule.Improve more,you get playing time on Friday nights.Its simple.Everybody gets a chance to prove themselves.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

I don't think Big Carlito predicted this.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 am I still don’t get this. Burg has averaged 70 kids or more for several years now. They’ve never done this. In fact I’ve never heard of anyone doing it. Saying you have two jv teams is strange to me. Why not say, here’s our jv schedule? Play the kids you want in each game.
You can't have a 14 game jv schedule.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:47 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 am I still don’t get this. Burg has averaged 70 kids or more for several years now. They’ve never done this. In fact I’ve never heard of anyone doing it. Saying you have two jv teams is strange to me. Why not say, here’s our jv schedule? Play the kids you want in each game.
You can't have a 14 game jv schedule.
Ok then schedule what you’re supposed to have. Ironton is a D5 school. I’d be upset if I was placed on what we all know is the Jv of the Jv. Unless there’s no freshmen team then this would make sense. But that’s me. Is there a freshman team?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 pm Ironton will be fielding 2 JV Teams this year, here’s the Teams scheduled.

OOC

Wheelersburg
Russell, KY
Jackson
Hilliard Davidson
Bishop Hartley
Johnson Central, KY
Spring Valley, WV

IC

Portsmouth
Fairland
Chesapeake
South Point
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
Gall is Academy
One thing that I haven't seen, does this mean they don't have a freshman team?? Because if they don't have a freshman team then the notion of having 2 JV teams isn't as far fetched as some on here want to believe. If they have 70 kids on the team, 8 are freshman which isn't enough for a team but can be supplemented with sophomores to make up a 18-20 player JV team, then you take anther group of sophomores and Juniors and that is your so called JV squad once again 18-20 kids you're still looking at a group of 30-34 varsity only player kids. Which is exactly stretching the imagination here, as a matter of fact it could start a trend with teams that have this many kids to a team. If I'm a coach, player, parent or school administrator to me doing something like this should help raise the banner for Ironton and also show other teams there's other ways to get guys playing time. Even if they have a freshman team as well with the right numbers you can still squeeze out 2 teams though you're looking more at a 15-16 man roster but let's be honest with DV schools in this area varsity is going to be made up of 16-18 kids who log 80% of the playing time.

Someone said they should go play golf if they're on a 2nd JV squad, why?? If a kid loves to play the game but simply doesn't have the talent to make it on the varsity team is this not a great way to keep that player involved?? For those that think it's crazy or don't understand, I'm not sure how you don't understand that trying to reward kids with some type of playing time is a GOOD thing. It's an encouraging and can help develop, players and encourage better numbers as well. I see nothing negative to this, if the school is willing to take on the added travel cost, I'm sure there's plenty of players and parents that would love playing and watching their kids play in real games and not simply be used as practice dummies.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

greygoose wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 pm

OOC

Wheelersburg
Russell, KY
Jackson
Hilliard Davidson
Bishop Hartley
Johnson Central, KY
Spring Valley, WV

IC

Portsmouth
Fairland
Chesapeake
South Point
Rock Hill
Coal Grove
Gall is Academy
One thing that I haven't seen, does this mean they don't have a freshman team?? Because if they don't have a freshman team then the notion of having 2 JV teams isn't as far fetched as some on here want to believe. If they have 70 kids on the team, 8 are freshman which isn't enough for a team but can be supplemented with sophomores to make up a 18-20 player JV team, then you take anther group of sophomores and Juniors and that is your so called JV squad once again 18-20 kids you're still looking at a group of 30-34 varsity only player kids. Which is exactly stretching the imagination here, as a matter of fact it could start a trend with teams that have this many kids to a team. If I'm a coach, player, parent or school administrator to me doing something like this should help raise the banner for Ironton and also show other teams there's other ways to get guys playing time. Even if they have a freshman team as well with the right numbers you can still squeeze out 2 teams though you're looking more at a 15-16 man roster but let's be honest with DV schools in this area varsity is going to be made up of 16-18 kids who log 80% of the playing time.

Someone said they should go play golf if they're on a 2nd JV squad, why?? If a kid loves to play the game but simply doesn't have the talent to make it on the varsity team is this not a great way to keep that player involved?? For those that think it's crazy or don't understand, I'm not sure how you don't understand that trying to reward kids with some type of playing time is a GOOD thing. It's an encouraging and can help develop, players and encourage better numbers as well. I see nothing negative to this, if the school is willing to take on the added travel cost, I'm sure there's plenty of players and parents that would love playing and watching their kids play in real games and not simply be used as practice dummies.
greygoose: my golf comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek as if a kid truly loves the game, they should keep playing even if they are 5th string. However, the point you are making about practice dummies is where most of those same kids will be heading for their junior and senior years unless they really develop from that time spent on 2nd team JV.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This only makes sense if there’s no freshman team, or if the freshman numbers are really low and they may be a player away from not fielding one. Ironton doesn’t have soccer so the numbers should be good, but if they are a junior on the second team jv, chances are they may not see varsity the following year.

Return to “Football”