Loss Of Income From Football

radiodavel
JV Team

Loss Of Income From Football

Post by radiodavel »

Financial Issues Facing Schools Due To Pandemic, Loss Of Income From Football https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... m-football

25p7692
Waterboy

Re: Loss Of Income From Football

Post by 25p7692 »

There will be problems because the crowds will be smaller and football pays they way for just about all sports except basketball at most schools. Transport will be a big problem for more reasons than one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't think people realize how expensive football is. At the end of a season football isn't making as much money as people think. After officials, ticket sellers, and ticket takers are paid (I know some schools have more people who get paid than other schools) it adds up. Football has the biggest uniform and equipment cost as well. That money comes out of the athletic budget. At the end of the day, football makes far far less than people think.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Most high schools in southern Ohio don't make money in football. Basketball is a lot less expensive and more home games.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:54 pm I don't think people realize how expensive football is. At the end of a season football isn't making as much money as people think. After officials, ticket sellers, and ticket takers are paid (I know some schools have more people who get paid than other schools) it adds up. Football has the biggest uniform and equipment cost as well. That money comes out of the athletic budget. At the end of the day, football makes far far less than people think.
I’m guessing he means Ohsaa. Ticket sales don’t pay the bills. Property tax does that :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:07 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:54 pm I don't think people realize how expensive football is. At the end of a season football isn't making as much money as people think. After officials, ticket sellers, and ticket takers are paid (I know some schools have more people who get paid than other schools) it adds up. Football has the biggest uniform and equipment cost as well. That money comes out of the athletic budget. At the end of the day, football makes far far less than people think.
I’m guessing he means Ohsaa. Ticket sales don’t pay the bills. Property tax does that :lol:
I was replying to the post above mine. I was just to lazy to quote it lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Burg pays officials that's it. rest are volunteers ... i take that back you get in free so technically they pay you 5 bucks!

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

I go to youth baseball tournaments every weekend. People sitting beside each other and enjoying life. There is no reason not to have crowds in the fall. PERIOD

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

We lose money on football. And we’re a program that’s made playoffs the past two seasons. No football season has a negligible effect on us, at least. It’s the possibility of basketball being affected, regarding gym capacities, that would really screw us.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

True, almost all schools lose money on football. A lot of expense.
Basketball is really the only money maker. More home games and less expense.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I can see this both ways. I know at Gallia academy football is a huge money maker. Not saying that it would be without all the fundraising that they do but with the fund raising it makes it there cash cow.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How much does a kid has to pay to play with the huge money maker ?at GA ? ;)

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Caint believe NY pays their ticket peeps money. That should b volunteer only. Next thing ur gonna say is u pay the chain gang.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Barber1973 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm Caint believe NY pays their ticket peeps money. That should b volunteer only. Next thing ur gonna say is u pay the chain gang.
A lot of schools do it. First of all, it's almost impossible to find volunteers for anything we need. You are more than welcome to volunteer just get ahold of me because we have a lot of opportunities to do so. Secondly it is harder to hold someone accountable for missing money if you aren't paying them. Actually it's darn near impossible. We have had significant sums of money come up missing from the til before when someone was volunteering to sell tickets to events.
The chain gang gets an all sports pass for the school year.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm How much does a kid has to pay to play with the huge money maker ?at GA ? ;)
Last I heard it was $90 per kid, per sport, cheer or band.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Each participant on any team would pay a flat fee to play sport say 100.00 a player this would be forPPE, extra costs of anything pertaining to stop the spreadof this killer. Funds will have to be made up and the school districts that follow sound financial rules will make sure there district doesn’t go into the red and be put on state alerts because of no funds and spending with what is not available in the coffers. This should be spread out over every sport and every individual that plays.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:59 am Each participant on any team would pay a flat fee to play sport say 100.00 a player this would be forPPE, extra costs of anything pertaining to stop the spreadof this killer. Funds will have to be made up and the school districts that follow sound financial rules will make sure there district doesn’t go into the red and be put on state alerts because of no funds and spending with what is not available in the coffers. This should be spread out over every sport and every individual that plays.
We have a pretty poor district. We wouldn't have very many kids playing sports if we did that.

I can tell you without a doubt that won't happen at NY.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:59 am Each participant on any team would pay a flat fee to play sport say 100.00 a player this would be forPPE, extra costs of anything pertaining to stop the spreadof this killer. Funds will have to be made up and the school districts that follow sound financial rules will make sure there district doesn’t go into the red and be put on state alerts because of no funds and spending with what is not available in the coffers. This should be spread out over every sport and every individual that plays.
Brother, you can’t even get people to vote “yes” on the tax levies for the districts their kids attend school at & play sports for.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Face it, football pays the bills. All the other sports growing in popularity can not touch football. It rules supreme

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm How much does a kid has to pay to play with the huge money maker ?at GA ? ;)
1st if we are going to talk about gallia academy sports. Lets state that Gallia academy sports are totally self supporting. No money from the school budget is spent on sports. Secondly as far as i know the fee is still $90. But i can tell you unless it was a year or two during the time Penrod was gone no high school football parent has had to pay a athletic fee. Because the team raises enough money through fund raisers. To pay athletic fees, pre game meals, updates of uniforms and practice equipment.

I know there are people that are going to say the athletic department does not totally support itself but go to athletic booster meetings and board meetings. You will see things like the athletic boosters donate $50k to school district. School district buys 50K of new track equipment, and so on.

The $90 fee per athlete at least when my son was enrolled if you looked at the $90 collected per kid across all sports the amount of money that came in barely covered the transportation costs of all the sporting events for all teams. ( gas was much more expensive them but i do not know how much of transportation cost was gas and how much paying bus drivers.

The Athletic boosters are not what they used to be at one time. there used to be a waiting list to become a booster. but there are several very generous people in the community. I am not a gallia academy Grad. I graduated from a county school. But i now live in the city schools and even though i no longer have kids in high school i try to support as many local things as i can. These kids are my future neighbors and leaders.

And even though i mainly enjoy sports. we also donate to the band and choir and any other group that we can.

Return to “Football”