Changing Mascots?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Changing Mascots?

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:59 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:19 pm Locos, I know some Logan fans that won't mind if they get rid of the spear on the helmet. :lol: I forgot about the Chieftain head on the B-ball court. It will suck if they have to get rid of it as the School official logo as well. Crazy. Everything/logo's are for "honoring" Chief Logan.

Trench I feel that all the symbols/logos would be “honoring” as well.

But locos is Right.

Even if critics do not initially come out regarding it.

I see Logan being Logan and will be proactive in the matter and eliminate an issue before ever allowing it to become one.
I hope we can at least keep the name, but it all honors Chief Logan. Some of the fans I know have been around since I was a knee high to a grasshopper. Don't think it would bother them much for some kinda helmet change though. :lol: Some want the spear changed with something else.

I hope other Schools don't have to change anything as well.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 pm
countywide35 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:59 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:19 pm Locos, I know some Logan fans that won't mind if they get rid of the spear on the helmet. :lol: I forgot about the Chieftain head on the B-ball court. It will suck if they have to get rid of it as the School official logo as well. Crazy. Everything/logo's are for "honoring" Chief Logan.

Trench I feel that all the symbols/logos would be “honoring” as well.

But locos is Right.

Even if critics do not initially come out regarding it.

I see Logan being Logan and will be proactive in the matter and eliminate an issue before ever allowing it to become one.
I hope we can at least keep the name, but it all honors Chief Logan. Some of the fans I know have been around since I was a knee high to a grasshopper. Don't think it would bother them much for some kinda helmet change though. :lol: Some want the spear changed with something else.

I hope other Schools don't have to change anything as well.

They wanting a change for any particular reason Trench?? Or just change in general ? Wat kind of ideas are Logan folks thrown out there ?? And a more question. Do the fans and band perform the “tomahawk chop”. Such FSU does Atlanta Braves ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

County the fans I know want the spear off just for something different not because of any political belief. They always changing the shirts or pants so might as well go all the way with it. No Logan fans do not do the chop. The band does play a variation of it. I have seen some younger people on Facebook calling for Logan to change the name. I am afraid the powers that be will eventually be cowed under to the pressure.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:39 am County the fans I know want the spear off just for something different not because of any political belief. They always changing the shirts or pants so might as well go all the way with it. No Logan fans do not do the chop. The band does play a variation of it. I have seen some younger people on Facebook calling for Logan to change the name. I am afraid the powers that be will eventually be cowed under to the pressure.
Yeah, County, some just want change to the whole uniform, specially the helmet. A few posters had a conversation about it awhile back. Can't remember what thread. Even had some cool idea pictures for the helmet. I still got one of the pics. I'll put it on here. The band plays Chiefs on the war path when they score, or something good happens, per JS. It has it's own unique sound. Sounds cool. Little different than the chop. It's not our fight song though. It's a side tune.

Here's one someone put on here. I can't remember who, but it's a good idea for a new look. Pretty cool.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:57 am
cbolt wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:39 am County the fans I know want the spear off just for something different not because of any political belief. They always changing the shirts or pants so might as well go all the way with it. No Logan fans do not do the chop. The band does play a variation of it. I have seen some younger people on Facebook calling for Logan to change the name. I am afraid the powers that be will eventually be cowed under to the pressure.
Yeah, County, some just want change to the whole uniform, specially the helmet. A few posters had a conversation about it awhile back. Can't remember what thread. Even had some cool idea pictures for the helmet. I still got one of the pics. I'll put it on here. The band plays Chiefs on the war path when they score, or something good happens, per JS. It has it's own unique sound. Sounds cool. Little different than the chop. It's not our fight song though. It's a side tune.

Here's one someone put on here. I can't remember who, but it's a good idea for a new look. Pretty cool.

That’s. A good looking helmet !!! I like the tomahawk but i still reference to Logan as on “the hill” haha. That Chieftan Center is slowly becoming the first thing that pops in my head when I think of ya fellers up that way. And I thought I recalled a war chant or something of that nature that was done by the Chieftan faithful. Wasn’t 💯 sure how it went but do recall liking it.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Thanks for the clarification. Nice to see people wanting a change for reasons other than a political one.

New school.
New stadium
New Chieftan Center
Maybe a new uni and helmet is what the Dr ordered to Complete this 180 turnaround that’s happening in Hocking County.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:57 am ething good happens, per JS. It has it's own unique sound. Sounds cool. Little different than the chop. It's not our fight song though. It's a side tune.

That's the helmet Logan wore in 1984.

In 1985 it was an all white helmet with purple facemask. Then in 1986 Coach Perry changed to the "all purple" uniforms and Logan has worn purple helmet with a white spear ever since.

Logan wore white helmets from the 1950s-1985.

But the helmet discussion probably belongs on another thread.... haha

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That's a beautiful helmet! Would love to see that for many years. I also like the grey pants from that year. Best uniforms ever for Logan IMO.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I think it honors the past but these young Marxist want to erase the entire past.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:19 pm I think it honors the past but these young Marxist want to erase the entire past.
No, just the brutally mean and ugly parts. Those who want to hang onto it are Trumpists, which is way worse than a Marxist. :o

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:13 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:57 am ething good happens, per JS. It has it's own unique sound. Sounds cool. Little different than the chop. It's not our fight song though. It's a side tune.

In 1985 it was an all white helmet with purple facemask. Then in 1986 Coach Perry changed to the "all purple" uniforms and Logan has worn purple helmet with a white spear ever since.

Maybe pop that new thread up 😬

I’d like to chime in on that discussion ha

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

My bad. Wasn't able to go to any games in 1984. I lived in Reynoldsburg, and had no time from my job at that time.. :lol: :lol: I couldn't remember, but remember seeing it on here, and I liked it. Cool looking helmet.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pm

I can't remember the thread name. It's been sometime ago.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:16 pm

So trench ya saying we are dying to talk sports so bad we Are bringin up old threads with thoughts of being new ones ha

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 pm

My bad. Wasn't able to go to any games in 1984. I lived in Reynoldsburg, and had no time from my job at that time.. :lol: :lol: I couldn't remember, but remember seeing it on here, and I liked it. Cool looking helmet.

Wonder if we could get locos to throw up a lil helmet history with pics of the era they were worn and if there is any backstory to the changing of the scheme he could share that as well

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:28 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:16 pm

So trench ya saying we are dying to talk sports so bad we Are bringin up old threads with thoughts of being new ones ha
Something along those lines. :lol: :lol: Got a feeling there won't be anything to talk about this year, and maybe much longer. :( B-ball could be in jeopardy that it being inside. A covid breeding ground indoors if the virus isn't in check by then.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

County get on loganfootball.com, I think locos has some stuff about it on there. He got all kinds of goodies in there. County I just went there, move your cursor on history then you'll see a drop down menu with helmet history. Enjoy ;)

topcrickets
Waterboy

Post by topcrickets »

Last edited by topcrickets on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:30 pm Wonder if we could get locos to throw up a lil helmet history with pics of the era they were worn and if there is any backstory to the changing of the scheme he could share that as well
http://www.loganfootball.com/helmet-history.html

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:29 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:30 pm Wonder if we could get locos to throw up a lil helmet history with pics of the era they were worn and if there is any backstory to the changing of the scheme he could share that as well
http://www.loganfootball.com/helmet-history.html
I like the 77 arrowhead personally. Instead of having the LC in it, have Logan spelled inside it with the font from the 85 helmet. Do it on a purple Matt finish helmet. White aroowhead purple writing.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”