Freshman Team

Re: WK1: Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by fireball »

lackey guffey wisor downs fouts just to name a few

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:53 pm Does Trimble have anyone on the roster that can control a game like Kittle did the past few seasons?
No, no one is that good. But we'll try to manage without him. :D

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Trimble will be very talented in the skill positions. Hard to replace a whole line but they got the right man at the helm to get them ready to go

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 1 Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by mattash »

Trimble has pretty good run of wins right now don't they?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:28 pm Trimble has pretty good run of wins right now don't they?
Trimble has won the last two. It has been a string of streaks lately in this series. NY won four straight from 08-11. Then Trimble won three straight from 12-14. NY bounced back by winning three straight from 15-17 which leads us to Trimbles current two win streak.

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:53 pm Does Trimble have anyone on the roster that can control a game like Kittle did the past few seasons?
Yes Trimble has 5 returning starters, Guffey, Lackey, Downs, Fouts , Wisor. They are rebuilding the line, but they are not lacking on the skilled guys. Guffey is gonna be tuff to handle.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

Getting ready to miss my first Trimble/NY game. This CoVid stuff has to go away. Why can’t schools just live stream the game?

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Rutter lover wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Yes Trimble has 5 returning starters, Guffey, Lackey, Downs, Fouts , Wisor. They are rebuilding the line, but they are not lacking on the skilled guys. Guffey is gonna be tuff to handle.
Come on Rutter, you know Trimble has no chance. Alls you have to do is read the posts on here. Be lucky to go 3-3 before the playoffs start. I just hope we don't have to travel too far for the first round game to just get it handed to us. :D

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

It is nice to have skill players but those players need a line to block for them to be successful.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:15 am
Come on Rutter, you know Trimble has no chance. Alls you have to do is read the posts on here. Be lucky to go 3-3 before the playoffs start. I just hope we don't have to travel too far for the first round game to just get it handed to us. :D
I haven’t really seen anyone on here saying that Trimble doesn’t have a chance.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am

I haven’t really seen anyone on here saying that Trimble doesn’t have a chance.
Alls anyone is saying is how good everyone else is. But hey we like it. I love being the underdog. If we don't play our best game and get lucky we can't win. Maybe the refs will help us? :D
You can make a joke of it all you want but I bet it won’t be so funny when Eastern actually shows up and out performs Trimble./quote]

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

You are just trying to get my team fires up tow head. But we don’t need it. It’s the year of the green and yellow.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Lucky Charms wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:13 pm You are just trying to get my team fires up tow head. But we don’t need it. It’s the year of the green and yellow.
Easton doesn't need me to fire them up. They don't even need to be fired up for us. Unless we get lucky and the refs help us out a bunch we prolly won't even score against them. We just hoping to win a game or two and get a decent playoff game in the first round. Bout the best we can hope for with having to replace our whole line. :D

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

2019 Trimble 35 Nelsonville-York 0. There is no way Nelsonville is 35 points better than last year. Snyder, Philips, and a couple transfers are there key players if Trimble can contain them they should “have a chance.”

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 am
It is nice to have skill players but those players need a line to block for them to be successful.

Trimble has a good enough line to stay in a lot of games, but their skilled players on offense, and there defense is what’s gonna win those games.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

On top of Snyder and Philips, Wiseman and Gail will be huge for the buckeyes this season. They came along nicely as the season goes on. Levering should keep getting better as well. Drew Carter will be the QB. He has put on some size and throws a real good ball. Trimble will be loaded on the outside, their skill positions will be tough. Their line even being new won’t be far behind them, listening to Phil it seems they are young but pretty close to where they need to be. Both teams will have some pains at first but I imagine after a series or two everybody will be locked in. Should be another good game in the series. It is unfortunate the place won’t be packed to the brim as usual.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

The Bucks had to get Logan kids to compete. Nobody in SEO has all the answers in the secondary to completely stop Trimble passing the ball. From what I seen last week, “The Bone” is alive and well at Trimble also. Downs, Guffey and Fouts will run it very well. The Cats get some kids to step up like every other year and we will be totally fine. Get better by week 7!

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:54 pm The wee cats first two and toughest games are on the road. If they come out 2-0 they'll roll through the rest. If they come out 0-2 Belpre could be a challenge even though they have a new coach. Personally, if they find a way to beat the Buckeyes I think they'll roll through Eastern and house Belpre. :mrgreen:
Roll through Eastern. Not likely. I cant see Trimble even scoring on our defense. Six shutouts.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Rutter lover wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 pm

2019 Trimble 35 Nelsonville-York 0. There is no way Nelsonville is 35 points better than last year. Snyder, Philips, and a couple transfers are there key players if Trimble can contain them they should “have a chance.”
You're either from Nelsonville trying to get your team pumped up, or just haven't been reading posts on here. The "wee cats" have a "whole new line" and are coached by "pee wee" coaches. I just hope we can score in the first two games. :D

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Tow Head wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:58 am
Rutter lover wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 pm

You're either from Nelsonville trying to get your team pumped up, or just haven't been reading posts on here. The "wee cats" have a "whole new line" and are coached by "pee wee" coaches. I just hope we can score in the first two games. :D
Hey Tow Head, all you seem to want to do on here is make sarcastic comments based on posts by others. I have an idea, give us some of your thoughts about the Trimble Tomcats. Who are some key players, and what do you expect to see from Trimble this year.

Return to “Football”