2020 Logan 14 - 48 Jackson

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 Jackson at Logan

Post by Tommy Chong »

GH0$T wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:10 am Jackson seems to be continuing their success from the last few season. Alongside they’re TE who’s a WVU Commit, a very hyped and highly touted Sophomore QB, they have some very electric ballers that are going to return next season. They have playmakers all over the field (on both sides of the ball) and can call on a number of guys in any situation. The Ironmen will most definitely be a tough outing for a majority of the region this season and the future looks just as bright. Embarrassment of riches
Those guys just reload year after year

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

County you was right. I just watched that second half kickoff again and he was at least 2 yards past the 10 yard mark when he caught it. I didn't know there was a rule where you had to let it touch the ground first. Didn't matter anyways it was such a blowout. Good luck to the Ironmen the rest of the way. Unbelievable that QB is only a sophomore. I remember seeing him now when Logan's eighth grade played down there a couple years ago and he was a man child then dragging Logan's little eight graders all the way down the field. :lol:

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

We miss you, Coach Amyx.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

512Buckeye wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:35 am We miss you, Coach Amyx.

He was a good one....told a few stories about him and Joey Conrad headed up 93 yeatesay. Logan will get better. They looked at good times last night. I was a little suprised to how much Eddy threw the ball. As I said last night he was a guy that runs first throws second and last night was the exact opposite. And when Logan did run between the tackles it hurt the Ironmen. They would get 5/6/7/8 yrds when they ran straight at the heart of the defense. And it hurt Jackson. Which suprised me too considering Jackson prides their selves on physicality and stopping a run game. The Ironmen got pushed around some in that sense and just a little awed that eddy didn’t attack that much. Jackson is a good football team.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:09 am County you was right. I just watched that second half kickoff again and he was at least 2 yards past the 10 yard mark when he caught it. I didn't know there was a rule where you had to let it touch the ground first. Didn't matter anyways it was such a blowout. Good luck to the Ironmen the rest of the way. Unbelievable that QB is only a sophomore. I remember seeing him now when Logan's eighth grade played down there a couple years ago and he was a man child then dragging Logan's little eight graders all the way down the field. :lol:

Bolt(John redcorni should say 😂)
we have talked a lot football over the years and I just didn’t know that afyer a 11yrd onside kick caught out of the middle of the air was against the rules. I don’t think the officials knew how to make the call and gave the ball back to Logan ? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an intended onside kick and that was just a fluke play. But still. Didn’t know you weren’t allowed to catch it out of the air and it had to hit the ground first ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Always enjoy a win at Logan. Air show something special. Defense has room for improvement. Going to be hard to defend attacking every level every play. It’s a shame we can’t get there to see it. Maybe things will change by playoffs.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

County here is what I found in the NFHS rules. This refers to a kick drove into the ground first but must apply to all kicks in the air I guess.

Another significant risk-minimization change was elimination of a pop-up kick in new Rule 6-1-11. A new definition of a pop-up kick in Rule 2-24-10 is defined as “a free kick in which the kicker drives the ball immediately to the ground, the ball strikes the ground once and goes into the air in the manner of a ball kicked directly off the tee.”

The committee implemented this change in an effort to reduce risk of injury due to the increased use of the pop-up kick on onside kickoffs. Such kicks will be penalized as a dead-ball free-kick infraction, as noted with new Rule 6-1-11 PENALTY.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

First - I thought the stream worked great. I did have to "refresh" once the actual game started to get the video to work.

I watched on my big screen TV through my XBox (using the browser app) and on an IPad. It was obvious they didn't have the pressbox camera up after the run delay, but other than that I thought they did a great job.

I synced mine up with both the Logan and Jackson radio feeds at different points. Both those crews are awesome. I always enjoy Dan/Dan/Pete's take on a game when I get the chance and Scott and Wade are always reliable on the Logan end.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:24 pm First - I thought the stream worked great. I did have to "refresh" once the actual game started to get the video to work.

I watched on my big screen TV through my XBox (using the browser app) and on an IPad. It was obvious they didn't have the pressbox camera up after the run delay, but other than that I thought they did a great job.

I synced mine up with both the Logan and Jackson radio feeds at different points. Both those crews are awesome. I always enjoy Dan/Dan/Pete's take on a game when I get the chance and Scott and Wade are always reliable on the Logan end.
Is this game available to be re watched

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Second - on the game:

They are who we thought they were.

Treylan Davis and Jacob Winters were probably the two best players on the field. David might not have done as much "statistically" - but I've watched the game a couple of times and he was so valuable on both sides of the ball. He was extremely disruptive on defense, and his versatility means they can move him ALL over the field. His length and leaping ability is so impressive. He was unblockable.

On offense - Davis is obviously a receiving threat - but he also lets them do a lot of creative things in the run game. He is as good as any tackle which mean he can take on good defensive ends and let the Ironmen pull a tackle, quickly get a tackle to the second level, or even double deep gap defenders. He was a menace all night.

And Winters is as advertised. He's like Jared Humphreys with a MUCH bigger frame and even better arm. Maybe not QUITE the open field runner, but man he is special. I think he's definitely the best "passer" I've seen in Jackson red. Logan made it easy - but he still had to execute and did so perfectly. Beautiful deep balls.

It's obvious to say both Prater and Perrill were stand outs. And the Wolford kid.... phew, not looking forward to that for three more years.

Logan definitely had their youth/inexperience exposed in the secondary. Coach Eddy talked to Craig Dunn about it for LoganFootball.com, but they had some schematic/mental break downs that made those long passes WAY too easy for players like Winters/Prater.

Logan's sophomore class has a ton of potential (not as Jackson at the top end, but very good) - and a lot of them played a lot in that secondary. Up front I thought Logan held their own on both sides of the ball.

On offense, Logan had a new look. the 41 pass attempts were 40-percent of the total for ALL of last season. Frasure's 39 attempts were the most EVER in a regulation Logan football game (Lane Little threw 40 in an OT loss to Lancaster in 2014).

On the plus side, Frasure, McCarty, Poling, and McClelland give some weapons at the skill spots and the offensive line looked good for four new starters in a week one game with a strong Jackson team.

Logan has some chances the next few weeks if they can play good football. And as I expected before Friday, Jackson won't see much of a challenge in their six scheduled regular season games.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:32 pm
loganlocos wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:24 pm First - I thought the stream worked great. I did have to "refresh" once the actual game started to get the video to work.

Is this game available to be re watched
It was advertised that way (if you bought it) but I haven't tried.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was able to re-watch it although I purchased it before game time. Looks like you can watch it anytime as long as you pay the fee first.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

512Buckeye wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:35 am We miss you, Coach Amyx.
Agree.

Return to “Football”