2020 Gallia Academy 47 - 6 Rock Hill

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: WK3 Gallia Academy - Rock Hill

Post by MrFirstTake »

RIVERRAT304 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:55 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:52 am
THEbuckeyes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 am Top 10 Gallia team all time not a chance but a solid team who should win out. 10 D1 prospects? We all know the one tackle who is a SR has over 10 D1 offers on the table so that is one. The running back has to get his testing in order I think he will get 1-2 offers somewhere. the other tackle will get an offer when time come I think he is a Soph 6'7" 315. Also the freshman class has about 4 kids that has good upside I think the kid playing wide out will prob not end up at wide out but does have huge upside. So maybe 4 kids have D1 futures I may be off there are some hard working kids if things fall in to place may get some offers in the future but those 4 have the best chance in my opinion. As far as tonight I think Gallia by 30+
Which kid at wideout the freshman?

Kenyon Franklin at wideout #9

Dakota Siders/Center Freshmen
Cole Hines/Linebacker Freshmen
Kenyon Franklin/Wideout Freshmen
Hunter Shamblin/Tailback Freshmen
Hudson Shamblin/Quarterback Freshmen

All 5 of these kids if they continue to grow and are put in the right scheme will see D1 offers in the future.
I didnt know which one you thought wouldnt be a wideout i should have clarified that lol

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Time will tell but they are frosh, but D1 requires lots of natural talent and even more dedication by the player. We have had much better frosh that did not get many looks, let alone D1. This years team doesnt need those frosh on the field. None of them are physically ready for good varsity competition less maybe #9. Not a knock just fact. We arent talent deprived 10-12. Our jr high program forgoes fundamentals and discipline for wins and it shows when the kids get to HS. I would bet 2 of those 5 dont even play college ball, and maybe 1 gets D1 looks but an offer is a different level. Good teams are physical, its football. Block tackle win. We were faster than the defense once last week, scored once. Got beat 55-7. Playing mostly jr and srs that understand the importance of being tough and beating guys up to neutralize speed, most were grown men compared to a 14-15 yr old. Their nose (76) disrupted every play he participated in, if we had a center with D1 potential we would have blocked him a few times. Frosh or not.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

A D-1 as a freshman don't see it ? 4.6 time 190 lbs bench 350 lbs ? It's a start !for a back.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:43 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:46 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 pm I read ironton is not a good fit for the ovc what about Gallia they are division 4. They seem to run the table or beat on ovc schools but lose first round every year of the playoffs. No disrespect to the blue devils but maybe play up and move to a different conference. Playing D6 schools and D5s that are almost 6s don’t help. Maybe there’s no way to change conferences? They have some really good kids. Armstrong is a monster.
GA last year and this year had/have very good teams and could've won the OVC or old SEOAL any of the last ten years

Ironton, however, was and is elite. Generational talents all over the field. They could've won a state title in any of the last 5-10 years with that level of talent.

Gallia is very very good. Ironton is just that much better right now. Not much else to it.

To your point though, I'd love to see Jackson, GA, Ironton, maybe Logan, Chilli, and Athens all join a league. Maybe throw in Burg or Waverly
Wait , you think Gallia would’ve beaten Jackson last year and this year ?
Would have? No. Could have? Yes. The games are played for a reason

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

20-0 GA at halftime

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

some of you folks need to leave the area and go catch a game somewhere. OVC isnt challenging in football just ask ironton. i have no idea about anything but i do know it would take special player to see the field as a freshman let alone start not saying it's impossible but rare. glad the blue got a W

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Sigh of relief for me, Gallia actually played really physical (nothing like last week) o-line was hitting LBs & safety’s, d line was through every play and every tackle was finished with 4-5 players. Way too many penalties again, if they figure this out & continue to grow they will win a playoff game.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Ironton will KILL Rock Hill next week. It could possibly be 100-0😲

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 am Top 10 Gallia team all time not a chance but a solid team who should win out. 10 D1 prospects? We all know the one tackle who is a SR has over 10 D1 offers on the table so that is one. The running back has to get his testing in order I think he will get 1-2 offers somewhere. the other tackle will get an offer when time come I think he is a Soph 6'7" 315. Also the freshman class has about 4 kids that has good upside I think the kid playing wide out will prob not end up at wide out but does have huge upside. So maybe 4 kids have D1 futures I may be off there are some hard working kids if things fall in to place may get some offers in the future but those 4 have the best chance in my opinion. As far as tonight I think Gallia by 30+
Franklin is playing wide out now but his future may be at another position

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

:shock:
82nd wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:52 pm some of you folks need to leave the area and go catch a game somewhere. OVC isnt challenging in football just ask ironton. i have no idea about anything but i do know it would take special player to see the field as a freshman let alone start not saying it's impossible but rare. glad the blue got a W
Go watch schools above Chilly then take a think about it. D-1 players that still may not make it. :o

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 am
I know im wondering what positin you think he will love too?

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

RIVERRAT304 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:55 am

Kenyon Franklin at wideout #9

Dakota Siders/Center Freshmen
Cole Hines/Linebacker Freshmen
Kenyon Franklin/Wideout Freshmen
Hunter Shamblin/Tailback Freshmen
Hudson Shamblin/Quarterback Freshmen

All 5 of these kids if they continue to grow and are put in the right scheme will see D1 offers in the future.
I really hope you are correct. Franklin has the upper hand on the other kids on your list. Siders needs to get taller and quickly I don't know his height but needs to be 6'3 or 6'4" with some major wing span if he wants to see D1 offers. The reason you see such an upside with the soph. is his 6'7" and long. Same with the SR going to Toledo 6'6" long. Franklin is special I am not sure what position he ends up playing in the long term future but he is special as an athlete with pretty good size as a freshman. Hines has a great nose for the ball for a freshman. I hope he gets the size that it takes to play at the D1 level he is a linebacker in my eyes even as he gets older. The twins have as good of work ethics and understand more than any of the other kids what it takes.... this family has had them to some of the top camps, combines, and all star games in the country so they know what the size and speed looks like that are being recruited to those D1 programs. I hope every one of these kids get offers and go on to get a good education on someone else pays the bill. I wish them all the best but a lot of people will talk about D1 prospect without understanding what it really means to play at that level or understanding what the size and speed really is...... I will be pulling for every kid out there to reach the goals they have made and whatever makes each one of them happy.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 am
I think he could be an OLB in the future. He has great hands so maybe TE. I don't know where his speed is at but if he was going to be Wide Out at D1 level he should be the fastest kid on the team right now and I do not think he is

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:13 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 am

I think he could be an OLB in the future. He has great hands so maybe TE. I don't know where his speed is at but if he was going to be Wide Out at D1 level he should be the fastest kid on the team right now and I do not think he is
Nah he definitely is not the fastest i think woodson williams and armstrong probably have him there. But i could see him playing TE if hes willing to block

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

NoPain23 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 am Sigh of relief for me, Gallia actually played really physical (nothing like last week) o-line was hitting LBs & safety’s, d line was through every play and every tackle was finished with 4-5 players. Way too many penalties again, if they figure this out & continue to grow they will win a playoff game.
Words out of my mouth!! Much more physical and most importantly we tackled mostly below the waistline. Those redman backs have old school builds so that was a must. Build on the physicality and eliminate the emotion/bonehead penalties!! I felt like Rockhill came with a good plan and executed well at times. They didnt have any quit in them for sure.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

is TC BEAVER the only blue at the D1 level with championship ring or maybe a bowl win????????

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

82nd wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:52 pm some of you folks need to leave the area and go catch a game somewhere. OVC isnt challenging in football just ask ironton. i have no idea about anything but i do know it would take special player to see the field as a freshman let alone start not saying it's impossible but rare. glad the blue got a W
That’s how it used to be and seems to have drifted from the old school way. Years ago a freshman would never play a varsity game unless there were a stud. Maybe it’s the number of kids but the past few years it’s blown my mind how many freshman and sophomores play.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

Anyone know how many penalty yards Gallia had? Must of been well over 100.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

traf1 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 pm Anyone know how many penalty yards Gallia had? Must of been well over 100.
Not sure but if they dont clean that up they wont won any playoff games again

Hannibal Lector
Waterboy

Post by Hannibal Lector »

Gallia Academy fans are so toxic lol

Return to “Football”