2020 Symmes Valley 8 - 10 Northwest

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Re: Northwest 4-1 (4-0) vs. Symmes Valley 4-1 (3-1) SOCI Championship

Post by Mission15 »

If Northwest loses shutdown the program.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Northwest wins big. That will put them at 5-0 against D7 schools this season. That's something to hang your hat on..

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

What do you want NW to do, cancel their schedule, leave the league and play bigger schools? Their non-league schedule had D5s and a D4 on it. You play who is on your schedule and you can't do anything about it. Instead of throwing shade, let's hear your solution. They will probably move to the SOC 2 soon but until then there is nothing NW can do.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

They should win this game easily.

Northwest can only play the teams on the schedule and so far, league wise, they are taking care of business.

Wonder how Northwest will be seeded in the playoffs?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BBALL99 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:08 am They should win this game easily.

Northwest can only play the teams on the schedule and so far, league wise, they are taking care of business.

Not sure how they will be seeded but its hard not to have a tough game in this region

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 am

Not sure how they will be seeded but its hard not to have a tough game in this region
I agree that region is loaded

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 am What do you want NW to do, cancel their schedule, leave the league and play bigger schools? Their non-league schedule had D5s and a D4 on it. You play who is on your schedule and you can't do anything about it. Instead of throwing shade, let's hear your solution. They will probably move to the SOC 2 soon but until then there is nothing NW can do.
They need to be in the SOC II. It's not even arguable. Now I've been hearing that if they are made to go to the SOC II they are going to refuse and try and get into the SVC. They will be a 4th place or worse team there as well.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest will probably be seeded somewhere in the middle of the pack.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

PistolPete7 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:38 am
Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 am What do you want NW to do, cancel their schedule, leave the league and play bigger schools? Their non-league schedule had D5s and a D4 on it. You play who is on your schedule and you can't do anything about it. Instead of throwing shade, let's hear your solution. They will probably move to the SOC 2 soon but until then there is nothing NW can do.
They need to be in the SOC II. It's not even arguable. Now I've been hearing that if they are made to go to the SOC II they are going to refuse and try and get into the SVC. They will be a 4th place or worse team there as well.
Haven't heard that about refusing and trying to get in the SVC.
Now i have always agreed Northwest shouldn't be in SOC 1. Before they moved down they already played the SOC 1 schools.
I compared some enrollment numbers.
I took the difference in enrollment numbers of the SOC1 schools and got a average.
On average Northwest is 98 boys more than the SOC 1 schools.
In SOC II on average Waverly is 77 boys more than the other schools. Was just curious so I done the SVC schools and Unioto was 110 boys more on average.
I was really shocked in the difference in the SVC. Never realized Unioto was that much bigger than the rest of SVC.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 am

For sure but i hope all the area teams in this region do well

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Vikings will be ready

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

All the NW coach's and players need to be focused on this week is preparation for SV. This should be a physical game with both OL's wanting to dominate the line of scrimmage. Congratulations to Coach Crabtree and company on sharing the SOC, now go out, focus, work hard and complete the job this Friday night. Don't let other people bother you with what they say.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
Now i have always agreed Northwest shouldn't be in SOC 1. Before they moved down they already played the SOC 1 schools.
I took the difference in enrollment numbers of the SOC1 schools and got a average.
In SOC II on average Waverly is 77 boys more than the other schools. Was just curious so I done the SVC schools and Unioto was 110 boys more on average.
I was really shocked in the difference in the SVC. Never realized Unioto was that much bigger than the rest of SVC.
Unioto needs to be in a different conference as well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

For pity sakes. Let Northwest have the fun of playing for a conference championship for one time. No one said a word over the last few years when the likes of East and SV and Green and the other SOC 1 schools were beating the brakes off of them. Everyone was fine with that then. Now they have the chance to go undefeated in the SOC, win a SOC championship and play in the playoffs and everyone wants to jump on them and say they are to big of a school for SOC 1.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:20 pm For pity sakes. Let Northwest have the fun of playing for a conference championship for one time. No one said a word over the last few years when the likes of East and SV and Green and the other SOC 1 schools were beating the brakes off of them. Everyone was fine with that then. Now they have the chance to go undefeated in the SOC, win a SOC championship and play in the playoffs and everyone wants to jump on them and say they are to big of a school for SOC 1.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed...not fair to the Northwest kids as they can only play who/where the SOC tells them to. At some point, might be time to have the conversation regarding if moving them back to SOC II necessary, but it certainly doesn't need to be the focus this week.*

25p7692
Waterboy

Post by 25p7692 »

Good luck Vikings

25p7692
Waterboy

Re: WK-5 Symmes Valley @ Northwest

Post by 25p7692 »

Good Luck Vikings!

NW97
Freshman Team

Re: WK-5 Symmes Valley @ Northwest

Post by NW97 »

25p7692 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:06 pm Good Luck Vikings!
Thanks for dragging this thread up 12 years later. Interesting reading the opinions on the possible move of NW to SOC1 and people wanting it, for, as of now, all people do is complain about it lol.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
Let's all get the torches and pitchforks and go after Waverly and Unioto.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Northwest should be heavy favs but they were heavy favs last year.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”