2020 Portsmouth West 0 - 28 Wheelersburg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: October 2, 2020 Portsmouth West - Wheelersburg

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tommy Chong wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:55 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:43 pm

No doubt...look for West to be back challenging Burg for SOC II titles next few years, just not this year. Burg wins this one 45-7.*

Burg has one of the strongest Sophomore classes that they have ever had. Freshman have a few nice players so Burg will be stronger the next few years.

I look for Sanderlin or Jones to be QB and then you have both Lattimore brothers are just Sophomore's as well. Derrick, No. 2 on the roster is going to be an absolute beast the next two years. He is one of the better backs I've seen at Burg for awhile.
Isn’t Sanderlin from west ?

Why yes, he is.

His family was promised a house in Burg and Kenny was promised a date with the prom queen his Junior and Senior year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:50 pm

Burg has one of the strongest Sophomore classes that they have ever had. Freshman have a few nice players so Burg will be stronger the next few years.

I look for Sanderlin or Jones to be QB and then you have both Lattimore brothers are just Sophomore's as well. Derrick, No. 2 on the roster is going to be an absolute beast the next two years. He is one of the better backs I've seen at Burg for awhile.

Why yes, he is.

His family was promised a house in Burg and Kenny was promised a date with the prom queen his Junior and Senior year.
No he’s from burg. That’s what his jersey says.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

No doubt...look for West to be back challenging Burg for SOC II titles next few years, just not this year. Burg wins this one 45-7.*

Actually Portsmouth. Went to West in 3rd or 4th grade.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West is improving every week. They are a fun team to watch. Alot of good kids that worked really hard all offseason and it's good to see results from that work. They've had some seniors step up and show great leadership this year and play well. They too have some excellent young players with Freshmen and Sophomores playing alot in key roles. They have an excellent 8th grade class too. West is gonna be really good the next few years.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm Portsmouth West has only had 9 wins against Wheelersburg since 1972.
If im not mistaken West has the most wins against Burg Historically than any other team.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West has improved tremendously every week, gaining key experience from these youngsters. Don't see this being a game in the 4th quarter, we are just a year or two away from fighting hard to being that SOC back here. Historically these younger classes have went toe to toe with each other over the years. With West winning quite a few all the way down to the 8th graders now. If we can keep the boys on the West Side that is 🙄

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:04 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm Portsmouth West has only had 9 wins against Wheelersburg since 1972.
If im not mistaken West has the most wins against Burg Historically than any other team.
I believe they are tied with waverly now

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I guess the Tigers will have to up the ante. :lol:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

SOC W-L record vs Burg all-time:

Waverly: 47-27
Valley: 39-5
West: 42-26-2
Sciotoville: 23-12-4
Oak Hill: 16-9-1
Notre Dame: 20-20-2
Northwest: 48-8
Minford: 60-6
Glenwood New Boston: 17-16-1
Green: 0-0

Total: 312-129-10

Wheelersburg has never played Eastern Pike or Symmes Valley. I thought at some point that they would’ve played Green.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Yes. Sanderlin from West. QB is from Ashland. Lattimore's are from Dayton via Portsmouth I believe?

As wobycat will tell you, they all just came because of the aura that Burg possesses and definitely never any type of recruiting like them cheaters at Ironton do!! ;)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 am

Yes. Sanderlin from West. QB is from Ashland. Lattimore's are from Dayton via Portsmouth I believe?

As wobycat will tell you, they all just came because of the aura that Burg possesses and definitely never any type of recruiting like them cheaters at Ironton do!! ;)
lattimores were here in kindergarten went to dayton and came back

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:00 am

lattimores were here in kindergarten went to dayton and came back
How long were they gone? What grade did they return?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

not sure 3rd or 4th had something to do with religious beliefs

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:53 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:31 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Were there any starters out? I didn't notice if there were, plus with a bunch of young guys subbing in and out all night it was hard to tell.
Matthew Miller is under quarantine until sometime this week due to a family member testing positive
Quarantines are 14 days aren't they?

He played against Waverly so it would have to be next week right?
Pretty sure Miller was under a 10 day quarantine and will be playing this Friday.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Plus, Lattimore's dad is from Portsmouth. Was a big time stud for Trojans back in the 90's I believe.

QB came from Ashland and lives with his Mom in Burg. Came over here because it looked like Ashland wasn't going to be playing this year.

Like Webster's never brought anyone in!! I know for a fact that Wagninger never livedd in SW, ever. My brother and I worked with his Dad and he talked all the time about how it was told his son lived in an apartment above Hane's out there.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:50 am

Plus, Lattimore's dad is from Portsmouth. Was a big time stud for Trojans back in the 90's I believe.

QB came from Ashland and lives with his Mom in Burg. Came over here because it looked like Ashland wasn't going to be playing this year.

Like Webster's never brought anyone in!! I know for a fact that Wagninger never livedd in SW, ever. My brother and I worked with his Dad and he talked all the time about how it was told his son lived in an apartment above Hane's out there.
The latter part is not even remotely true for what it's worth lol... but that's a discussion for another day.

And by the way, I just like to troll wobycat occasionally. He takes it in stride. Just playful banter back and forth :D

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

In terms of the original topic, I think Burg wins by a score of 40-7...

But the next few years West will definitely put up a better fight.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:15 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:50 am

The latter part is not even remotely true for what it's worth lol... but that's a discussion for another day.

And by the way, I just like to troll wobycat occasionally. He takes it in stride. Just playful banter back and forth :D

Well then his Dad lied through his teeth then . lol

I know brother. It just gets old reading about Burg recruiting when most of the schools around here have gotten a player to come to there team to benefit them.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:53 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:31 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Were there any starters out? I didn't notice if there were, plus with a bunch of young guys subbing in and out all night it was hard to tell.
Matthew Miller is under quarantine until sometime this week due to a family member testing positive
Quarantines are 14 days aren't they?

He played against Waverly so it would have to be next week right?
10 days for an exposure and 14 days for a positive result. He will be good to for Friday’s game.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I just lol'd all the way threw this one. All of the who is from here and there and where lol, just cracks me up. If they comply with the OSHAA requirements, cleared by the school AD, then their jersey is their jersey man. Holy cow.

Return to “Football”