RD2: Portsmouth West (4-3)@ Wheelersburg (5-1)

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: RD2: Portsmouth West (4-3)@ Wheelersburg (5-1)

Post by SciotoCfootball »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 pm Lattimore is going to be one of the best backs to come out of Burg before he graduates.

I still think he reminds me of DeShawn Wynn from Cin Reading who still holds the record for most rushing yards ever in the Burg field. I believe it was around 310 yards.
I agree the kid is starting to become a monster already and still has two more years.. Burgs strength & conditioning will only take his game to new heights and when that happens WATCH OUT

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:22 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:18 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:17 pm Good job pirates, good luck next week against ready. West, keep working, you've good a good group of kids and a good staff.
Burg will roll Ready.
Just out of curiosity, where do you think ready would fit in this year in SOC 2?
I would say 3rd.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Congratulations to Wheelersburg they played extremely well last night from the first play. That first play you couldn't have laid the ball in there any better to Miller. They got all the momentum. West didn't help things with a couple turnovers and mistakes.

As another poster said, they have to clean up the penalties if they expect to advance past the next couple rounds. Lots of holding calls and honestly they should call more. They hold alot and the late hits and unsportsmanlikes are kinda getting out of control. There is one player in particular on defense that the coach needs to get a handle on

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 am Congratulations to Wheelersburg they played extremely well last night from the first play. That first play you couldn't have laid the ball in there any better to Miller. They got all the momentum. West didn't help things with a couple turnovers and mistakes.

As another poster said, they have to clean up the penalties if they expect to advance past the next couple rounds. Lots of holding calls and honestly they should call more. They hold alot and the late hits and unsportsmanlikes are kinda getting out of control. There is one player in particular on defense that the coach needs to get a handle on
Probably could call a hold on every place in the trenches and I believe west had an unsportsmanlike on them as well. Rival games tend to have them. West will be a force in the next few years. QB and wideout I heard were underclassmen but didn’t play like it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 am Congratulations to Wheelersburg they played extremely well last night from the first play. That first play you couldn't have laid the ball in there any better to Miller. They got all the momentum. West didn't help things with a couple turnovers and mistakes.

And just which kid would that be. I watched the entire game and didn’t see anything that would warrant your comment.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Probably could call a hold on every place in the trenches and I believe west had an unsportsmanlike on them as well. Rival games tend to have them. West will be a force in the next few years. QB and wideout I heard were underclassmen but didn’t play like it.
I think once a game gets to a running clock the refs look a little closer at the team that’s ahead. I’m not say it’s not holding but not sure if some of those are called if it’s a close game

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I agree, doesn't matter the game you can call holding every play. If it's in the interior and not right at the point of attack that's one thing, but if it's on the perimeter they have to be called. With spread offenses there is one or two guys in a position to make a play. Those holds have an impact. And this isn't just Wheelersburg, it's football in general.

As far as the player, I'm not gonna give a number. I'm not into the taunting. If you make a play be excited, but do it with class. This is high school.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm I agree, doesn't matter the game you can call holding every play. If it's in the interior and not right at the point of attack that's one thing, but if it's on the perimeter they have to be called. With spread offenses there is one or two guys in a position to make a play. Those holds have an impact. And this isn't just Wheelersburg, it's football in general.

As far as the player, I'm not gonna give a number. I'm not into the taunting. If you make a play be excited, but do it with class. This is high school.
Credit to west coaching staff and kids they have cleaned up there act as far as taunting, late hits and cheap stuff of years past

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

fbnut wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:29 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm I agree, doesn't matter the game you can call holding every play. If it's in the interior and not right at the point of attack that's one thing, but if it's on the perimeter they have to be called. With spread offenses there is one or two guys in a position to make a play. Those holds have an impact. And this isn't just Wheelersburg, it's football in general.

Credit to west coaching staff and kids they have cleaned up there act as far as taunting, late hits and cheap stuff of years past
Coach Johnson has done a good job of that.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”