RD 3: Johnstown Monroe 0 Ironton 42

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: RD 3: Johnstown Monroe (6-2) @ Ironton (7-0)

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton is just on another level

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Reid n the Boys are hungry for Canton....up next a Johnnie.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I like Ironton up front on both sides of the ball. The seem to be improving, but we will know more as these weeks go by. Opponents are going to
be much better going forward. Monroe seems to
run the ball the majority of the time. Can they get first downs and move the clock or will Ironton force them into long third down conversions? The first 15 minutes of game time could really tell the tale here.
I’ll take Fighting Tigers over Johnnies 49-10

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I watched JM on film against Northridge.

JM is well coached and disciplined (as usual), but this will not be competitive. Ironton is just on a different level physically.

Ironton 49
JM 7

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Fan Friday wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:48 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Carter had a fake handoff to him up the middle that fooled everyone and Carpenter completed a pass for a TD on the play. He might not have played much Other than that though.
Yeah i dont even remember seeing him. I know #29 west always makes explosive plays i believe he has had 2/3 kickoff or punt returns for touchdowns called back and the big 95 yard pick 6 he can make a big play at any time
Carter #2 may have only played one or two plays. Carpenter had a fake handoff to Carter#2 and then threw for a TD pass to Duncan#24. Pretty sure Carter may be injured in his shoulder.
Yeah thats unfortunate really, I was glad to see duncan back in the field though hopefully carter can get healthy in the next few weeks

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good Luck Tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:48 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:15 pm

#2 and #12 were both out this team has not been completely healthy all season
Carter had a fake handoff to him up the middle that fooled everyone and Carpenter completed a pass for a TD on the play. He might not have played much Other than that though.
Yeah i dont even remember seeing him. I know #29 west always makes explosive plays i believe he has had 2/3 kickoff or punt returns for touchdowns called back and the big 95 yard pick 6 he can make a big play at any time
West impresses me every time he touches the ball, very elusive with great vision.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have been watching some fighting tiger stuff on youtube. and they just seemed dialed in. what is the criteria fan wise. is it open to the public. or what is the actual situation as far as being a fan. I can't go because I can't drive at night and live alone now. but I think that info is important for fans to know who may not have any idea as to the restrictions.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

As far as we know, it's the same as it was for regular season for fans. Sorry to hear that you cant drive at night. My dad was like that,only could drive during the day. Although on really sunny days he would wear sunglasses and that caused him to not be able to see during the day either,just a vicious cycle.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:12 pm "Johnstown will be more physical than Gallia but I don’t think it matters."

I watched the Ironton Gallia game last 2 years and I wouldn't put Gallia in the same sentence with physical. Their star back had a wopping -9 yds rushing this year.
GA has only really gotten "out-physicaled" in the past two years by Ironton and Waverly. The two teams with a decidedly higher level of talent.

To the game, Tigers, with a running clock to start the 4th. 49-7

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Running clock after half unless Tigers get the turnover bug. Not taking anything from JM, just a different level of play in Itown and their coaches are second to none.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

It would be nice if they could push ironton until a least a little passed halftime.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

I’m hearing #2 Carter will be back and ready Saturday night providing another big weapon. #12 Masters situation may be a little more complicated. It would be really nice to have them both down the home stretch.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

GoBigI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:22 pm I’m hearing #2 Carter will be back and ready Saturday night providing another big weapon. #12 Masters situation may be a little more complicated. It would be really nice to have them both down the home stretch.
There was a post on another thread saying Wheelersburg was contesting Masters being eligible.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Taylormade wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:15 am As far as we know, it's the same as it was for regular season for fans. Sorry to hear that you cant drive at night. My dad was like that,only could drive during the day. Although on really sunny days he would wear sunglasses and that caused him to not be able to see during the day either,just a vicious cycle.
taylor I was blind for 3 years. and I have had 3 cornea transplants. I can drive with hard contacts in. but I can't see well enough to drive alone at night. my wife always did the night driving, and she left me 15 months ago. thank you for your comment though. and I certainly know how your dad feels.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

JChipwood wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:40 am Running clock after half unless Tigers get the turnover bug. Not taking anything from JM, just a different level of play in Itown and their coaches are second to none.
chip that is what I'm seeing and hearing. I have watched football all my life.and played at ironton until a very serious knee injury during my sophomore year. and I even got to coach youth sports in the rock hill district for years. but I'm seeing workouts that top tier college and pro scouts are using. stuff never even imagined by me andmy feeble ole brain. I too take nothing away from the johnnies. they have manhandled the fighting tigers I think 3 times. and they are a worthy opp. to be here. but what coach Pendleton and his staff have brought to ironton detail/workout wise. well frankly , it's kinda mind boggling. and it just seems like ironton is playing far more disciplined and technique wise. stuff you see on Saturdays and sundays. this was lacking from ironton's football program for over 10 years. this coach has shown those that thought you could not coach the old way because of social changes. he chewed that page up. he did that and way more. and he has so much more experience now. and a lot of depth. and a team that has been there. and of course the talent is lesser in the ovc than we would like. but it is what it is currently. what I watched them do to d1 cincy sycamore was just way more physical than I imagined. now we will see how that translates as the opponents get tougher and tougher. they seem spot on, have strong, fast players. defensively they have amazing lateral speed, great linebacker and interior line help. hard to evaluate the secondary accurately. because nobody gets there. they tackle well. have great size, and we can see what they are doing on offense. the tigers need to stay focused, not read anything into social media and nothing is more important than this week. cause if you have a blown tire, the trip ends. I'm dang proud of them and the staff. the players are many, and they have bought in. I cain't wait till Saturday night. go ''fighting tigers'' beat the johnnies, ummmmm er you know what I mean. hard to figure out something to say cool about a team with that nickname. but it don't matter if they are called avon sellin Barbie dolls. them fellers can ball. so let's throw everything into the blender Saturday and see what happens. and I pray for travel and injury mercies.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if I copied everything down right and done the math right. then ironton has scored 357 points in 7 games. with the starters basically playing the only the 1st half of each game. that's an average of 51 points a game. and they have given up only 40 points through 7 games, that's 5.71 points a game they are allowing.that's getting er done, no matter who you are playing. and I've always hated this rule and term. but how much of that has been with a running clock. crazyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

8/28 A Portsmouth (2-6) [V:19] W 50-9
9/4 H Gallia Academy (6-1) [IV:15] W 55-7
9/11 H Coal Grove (5-2) [VI:23] W 71-0
9/18 A Rock Hill (3-5) [VI:23] W 41-0
9/25 A Chesapeake (2-5) [V:19] W 58-10
10/2 H South Point (0-7) [V:19] C* cancelled
10/2 H Sycamore (1-7) [I:4] W 33-11
10/17 H # New Lexington (4-4) [V:19] W 49-3
10/24 H # Johnstown-Monroe (6-2) [V:19]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

8/29 H Newark Catholic (4-3) [VII:27] W 13-10 ot
9/4 A Utica (0-8) [V:19] W 49-21
9/11 H Lakewood (3-5) [IV:15] W 34-6
9/18 H Heath (7-1) [IV:15] L 21-28
9/25 A Granville (4-2) [III:11] L 10-42
10/2 A Northridge (2-6) [VI:23] W 35-7
10/10 H # Utica (0-8) [V:19] W 56-13
10/17 H # Wellston (5-3) [V:19] W 31-6
10/24 A # Ironton (7-0) [V:19]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:20 pm if I copied everything down right and done the math right. then ironton has scored 357 points in 7 games. with the starters basically playing the only the 1st half of each game. that's an average of 51 points a game. and they have given up only 40 points through 7 games, that's 5.71 points a game they are allowing.that's getting er done, no matter who you are playing. and I've always hated this rule and term. but how much of that has been with a running clock. crazyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!
I messed up. I only counted 7 games, so those figures are way more telling , but I ain't going back and changing it. but just in ironton's points scored it raised it from 357 to 406. and only raised the points allowed by 3 points.
I been saying it for years, look over me, I been hit in the head a lot.

Return to “Football”