RD 3: Nelsonville-York (5-2) @ Fairland (6-1)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: RD 3: Nelsonville-York (5-2) @ Fairland (6-1)

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea I’m not a fan of either school I watched this game for the 2nd half absolute terrible missed call.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 pm How about a fairland fan telling an ny player to s$&@ his di@“? Y’all friggin garbage and it showed tonight. Film doesn’t lie 😂😂
I listened to the entire livestream and didn't hear someone yell that. I heard a few other colorful words from our fans, which is disappointing, because I would hope that our folks would be better. Our basketball team had the end of their season taken from them, and imo, any games we get to play during this time are a gift that we shouldn't be taking for granted.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 pm Yea I’m not a fan of either school I watched this game for the 2nd half absolute terrible missed call.
Oh, the officiating was absolute garbage the whole game, I'm not going to deny that.
But I hate when people try to blame the winning school for officiating.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 pm
dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 pm
OVC wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 pm Not to be “That guy” but I am pretty sure the OHSAA is assigning referees for playoff games.
How is pointing out facts being "that guy?"
I have seen a lot of high school sports in my 34 years of life, and I still don't understand the "home cooking" argument in playoffs since the state association is the one that assigns the referees. Regular season? Maybe, but even then that argument feels like a stretch.
Dude, then you have to explain the two calls that allowed Fairland to win. Literally the only thing they did on that last drive was make a field goal which was a heck of a kick by that girl (shout out to her) but the interception that “hit the ground” and that PI call, come on man.

And just FYI, I’m completely neutral because Trimble and NY are heated rivals and I never complain about refs because I think you shouldn’t leave it in the refs hands to decide anyways, but in the playoffs you know you’re going to have close games and worthless calls like these are ashame.
Just be happy that you have a home game next week against NC. :lol: :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We had 2 interceptions in a row and we got hosed big time.
That was a disgrace...
These kids played their butts off and the officials took it away from them.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 pm Yea I’m not a fan of either school I watched this game for the 2nd half absolute terrible missed call.
Oh, the officiating was absolute garbage the whole game, I'm not going to deny that.
Well when it’s coming from people such as myself (a rival of NY) and people like EasternDspy (that don’t care for either team) you know it’s not an excuse and we seen what we seen. Two terrible calls that decided the game.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The problem with officiating is they are a mixed bag off other crews. It is what it is.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:32 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 pm
dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 pm

How is pointing out facts being "that guy?"
I have seen a lot of high school sports in my 34 years of life, and I still don't understand the "home cooking" argument in playoffs since the state association is the one that assigns the referees. Regular season? Maybe, but even then that argument feels like a stretch.
Dude, then you have to explain the two calls that allowed Fairland to win. Literally the only thing they did on that last drive was make a field goal which was a heck of a kick by that girl (shout out to her) but the interception that “hit the ground” and that PI call, come on man.

And just FYI, I’m completely neutral because Trimble and NY are heated rivals and I never complain about refs because I think you shouldn’t leave it in the refs hands to decide anyways, but in the playoffs you know you’re going to have close games and worthless calls like these are ashame.
Just be happy that you have a home game next week against NC. :lol: :lol:
Yea, “thrilled” about that matchup :roll:

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:33 pm
dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 pm
Well when it’s coming from people such as myself (a rival of NY) and people like EasternDspy (that don’t care for either team) you know it’s not an excuse and we seen what we seen. Two terrible calls that decided the game.
Do people believe it was intentional or just bad officiating?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:33 pm The problem with officiating is they are a mixed bag off other crews. It is what it is.
The problem is everyone agrees NY won but Ohsaa will always side with its officials. This is why our area thinks officiating is god awful.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:36 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:33 pm The problem with officiating is they are a mixed bag off other crews. It is what it is.
The problem is everyone agrees NY won but Ohsaa will always side with its officials. This is why our area thinks officiating is god awful.
My point is why can’t the OHSAA assign the whole crew.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Dragonsfan24
It’s on audio from end zone cam.... fab sitting in bleachers in back of end zone. Hair colored dark green. He is a pos

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:40 pm My point is why can’t the OHSAA assign the whole crew.
Im sure Ohsaa did assign the crew. The problem is this call was so bad ohsaa should have it overturned. Ohsaa will never say they were wrong

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:40 pm My point is why can’t the OHSAA assign the whole crew.
Im sure Ohsaa did assign the crew. The problem is this call was so bad ohsaa should have it overturned. Ohsaa will never say they were wrong
I saw the clip. That was horrendous. It wasn’t even close. Not fairlands fault but they were given a gift tonight. They should be lucky

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

OHSAA does assign the whole crew.
OHSAA 2020 Football Tournament Regulations
8. Officials
8.1 GAME OFFICIALS
Game officials will be assigned from the Football Administrator’s office. A team of officials – referee, umpire,
head linesman, line judge and back judge will be assigned to each game. Crews 1-28 will have a sixth official, a
Center Judge, assigned to their officiating team.
Source

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

The receiver didn't even complain that tells you something, he put his head down he new it was clean

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:52 pm
OHSAA does assign the whole crew.
OHSAA 2020 Football Tournament Regulations
8. Officials
8.1 GAME OFFICIALS
Game officials will be assigned from the Football Administrator’s office. A team of officials – referee, umpire,
head linesman, line judge and back judge will be assigned to each game. Crews 1-28 will have a sixth official, a
Center Judge, assigned to their officiating team.
Source
No I’m talking adding a crew that’s been together all year. Not a mixed bag.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:54 pm The receiver didn't even complain that tells you something, he put his head down he new it was clean
I mean you don’t make that call unless it’s so obvious that everyone sees it.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:48 pm NY's coaches in the box should be ashamed of themselves.
The language that was used towards both the referees and the Fairland players on the LIvefeed was absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable.
If I was Nelsonville's AD they would be reprimanded at minimum and fired at maximum. There is NO excuse for that behavior in high school sports.
😂😂😂 I don’t know what you “heard” but there was NOTHING said about any kid from Fairland. The refs, maybe, but not a kid. Nothing but good things about a talented Fairland team. Sucks it got taken away from Ny but don’t you dare say the coaches called Fairland players anything.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

OSU22 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:06 pm
dragonsfan24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:48 pm NY's coaches in the box should be ashamed of themselves.
The language that was used towards both the referees and the Fairland players on the LIvefeed was absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable.
If I was Nelsonville's AD they would be reprimanded at minimum and fired at maximum. There is NO excuse for that behavior in high school sports.
😂😂😂 I don’t know what you “heard” but there was NOTHING said about any kid from Fairland. The refs, maybe, but not a kid. Nothing but good things about a talented Fairland team. Sucks it got taken away from Ny but don’t you dare say the coaches called Fairland players anything.
Yeah I know better than that no way NY coaches was cussing at fairland players

Return to “Football”