RD 3: Nelsonville-York (5-2) @ Fairland (6-1)

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Re: RD 3: Nelsonville-York (5-2) @ Fairland (6-1)

Post by dragonsfan24 »

OSU22 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:06 pm 😂😂😂 I don’t know what you “heard” but there was NOTHING said about any kid from Fairland. The refs, maybe, but not a kid. Nothing but good things about a talented Fairland team. Sucks it got taken away from Ny but don’t you dare say the coaches called Fairland players anything.
"That's bull***, they know they shouldn't have f***ing got that."

Sounds directed at Fairland's players to me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I watched and listened to the last part of this game. There was a lot of bad talk from the NY booth but I never heard any towards players. Anyone that sees pass interference on that play is crazy. The Fairland player wasn't touched by a NY player at anytime. Ref that called that play should be called in to say where the interference took place.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:54 pm The receiver didn't even complain that tells you something, he put his head down he new it was clean
Agree. He didn't even look at a ref for a call. His reaction tells the truth.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

stinks for all involved. I just hope he really seen something from where he was. I couldn’t be a ref.

Good kick by the young girl.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Cheerdad2020
Waterboy

Post by Cheerdad2020 »

Should fairlands coach be in the hot seat for not decking the pass interference call?

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Cheerdad2020 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:58 pm Should fairlands coach be in the hot seat for not decking the pass interference call?
I would have taken that call all day if I was him lol

Cheerdad2020
Waterboy

Post by Cheerdad2020 »

Here is another questionable call from that ref

https://youtu.be/WSxdZ97BWCU

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I’m not sure where to start... NY never gave up in this game. Played their hearts out, to have it end like that was heartbreaking. That was an absolute terrible call, if you watch the whole game, this was the worst officiating crew I have ever seen. I’m still in shock, I feel terrible for our boys, especially the seniors. What made me even more mad, was after the game tonight, a group of Fairland folk was in the end zone taunting and yelling at our boys, they were standing where we had to exit the field just waiting on them. most disrespectful group of people I’ve ever seen at a football game. Grown men yelling at young kids like that. Anyway, bucks played their heart out. I can losses but that was tough. Hats off to our seniors.... you won the game tonight not only once but twice at the end.

Go Bucks

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Was the video taken down? I can’t see it.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

The crews for the football playoffs were selected differently this year. Probably because of expenses, the first three rounds of the playoffs were regular season crews - not crews selected by voting - and they were from the area of the host school. There are some very good crews in the Southeast District and I wouldn't have issues with most of them. Some crews from Huntington have dual licenses in Ohio and WV. Officiating isn't an exact science. Bad calls unfortunately are part of the game.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

I have absolutely no skin in the game, only connection I have with either school is that my son had a pretty good game at Fairland last year.

I may be the only person that doesn't think it was a horrible call by the guy who threw the flag. If you watch the film the safety hits the receiver on the helmet or shoulder pad because he is holding his hand or wrist after the play. Ref threw the flag because the contact came before the ball. The reason the ball didn't get there was the ball was obviously intercepted. The officials should have conferenced and picked up the flag. Horrible way for a lesson of "LIfe isn't fair" but that is all you can do as a coach in that situation.

Press box coaches is an issue that I think needs addressed by the OHSAA and/or schools. Many times these guys aren't even coaches but carry their teams logo on their hats and shirts. Other times these guys think they are not heard by fans and/or livestreams and use inappropriate language. If this was caught on audio, there should be some form of discipline. If this was a teacher, they would likely be fired but in the role as a coach we are allowed to act differently and with less morals? Trust me, losing like that would be a hard pill to swallow and many times I have failed as a human being at sporting events, but inappropriate language should not be tolerated.

Return to “Football”