D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

Kirtland80
All State

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by Kirtland80 »

kantucky wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:10 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 pm Just hope we both advance and stay healthy. Every week I have said we are one week closer to the rematch. Well, if we both can do it one more time, the stage is set. Nothing is 100% yet though. Good luck to both and hopefully they are clean, injury free games
I would love to see a rematch. I would just love to see Ironton there period for the state title.

I have to admit, as I sat there last year and watched Kirtland come out onto the field, it worried me a lot. I kinda figured, just seeing them, it was just too much of an uphill battle to defeat them. I was very proud of our boys and the effort they gave. Even though we lost, it was still satisfying to me. Kirkland came off to me as being classy. The officiating was what I considered some of the best and fairest I've seen. Just wish it hadn't have been so darn cold. Lol now probably I won't be able to be there this year and I'd just about sit in a snow storm in my underwear if we make it to the big game. Heck, I'd sit at Dublin like that (any old Ironton fan understands that reference😬)

I do feel better about this year though. Many of our boys are more experienced, they'll not be starstruck if they get there so much and our already top notch coach has another year behind him. He's only going to get better.

However, that's neither here, nor there, we have Roger Bacon to get past. They want to take Ironton's dreams away
Don’t hold your head down. Ironton had a great season last year and having a great season again this year. I will say that it wasn’t easy and we definitely knew you were there. I heard a couple of our guys talking with LaVerde and saying they really had to fight for that one. No one up here has said anything but positive about you guys. We expect to be where we are but we also expected you guys to be just right where you are as well. We all knew the real possibility of another great game with you guys and we are 1 game away from that. A few of our guys said they’d love to have another game with your program, given how much more storied yours is compared to ours up until this decade. We respect you guys

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 am 431, 217, 470, 563, 559, 591 regular season. 461, 261, 130, 199 playoffs. That’s the state ranks of each opponent according to maxpreps. The 130 was Versailles which gave them trouble and could have won. Then you got Ironton this week at 49. Their schedule and games have been extremely weak. That’s why I said they’ve done it vs scrubs so far. To put that in perspective, the Fairland team I read about in the other post that got spanked by fort frye would have been bacons 3rd strongest opponent, so they have played 2 teams better than Fairland lol. If they do it this week, I’ll finally give them some recognition, but I highly doubt they do. My prediction is as long as we can get past Otsego, we will see you guys in Columbus
Irrelevant point about state rankings. Ironton didn’t play anyone until Harvest Prep who coincidentally is ranked 148, higher than Versailles and only won by a touchdown.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:28 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 am 431, 217, 470, 563, 559, 591 regular season. 461, 261, 130, 199 playoffs. That’s the state ranks of each opponent according to maxpreps. The 130 was Versailles which gave them trouble and could have won. Then you got Ironton this week at 49. Their schedule and games have been extremely weak. That’s why I said they’ve done it vs scrubs so far. To put that in perspective, the Fairland team I read about in the other post that got spanked by fort frye would have been bacons 3rd strongest opponent, so they have played 2 teams better than Fairland lol. If they do it this week, I’ll finally give them some recognition, but I highly doubt they do. My prediction is as long as we can get past Otsego, we will see you guys in Columbus
Irrelevant point about state rankings. Ironton didn’t play anyone until Harvest Prep who coincidentally is ranked 148, higher than Versailles and only won by a touchdown.
V is 130 but you are right. Irrelevant but still weak

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:36 am
I changed it. Harvest prep is considered weaker than Versailles. Regardless, both teams won

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am

I changed it. Harvest prep is considered weaker than Versailles. Regardless, both teams won
I was right about weakest though, at least ranking wise. Bacon 76, Otsego 66, Ironton 49, Kirtland 21. I’m fairly sure on the field they are as well

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:44 am

I was right about weakest though, at least ranking wise. Bacon 76, Otsego 66, Ironton 49, Kirtland 21. I’m fairly sure on the field they are as well
I’ll buy that argument more than who they’ve played especially since either team didn’t lose

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:44 am

I’ll buy that argument more than who they’ve played especially since either team didn’t lose
Fair enough. I’m pulling for Ironton because a lot of us want a rematch, I think most everyone, and I think it would be the better game. We’d probably be 3 TD favs against Bacon. Assuming we get by Otsego that is. I don’t know too much about them and we have never played. Seems the ones on yappi that knows Otsego like us by 3 scores in it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:03 pm Ironton is hungry for Canton...Spartans are up next.....
Maybe hungry for OBETZ not Canton

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Good luck Ironton! Us river rats give each other crap during the season but have each others back come playoff time. Just like you did for us in 2017. Don't worry about Kirtland or their posters yet. Also wish the best for Carrico when he enrolls early at OSU in a couple months. Nothing would make us prouder down here than a local kid doing big things on Saturday afternoon much like Pendleton did...stay healthy boys. A few months ago we didn't even know we would have a season, glad it has come to this point even though COVID is worse now than then...Ironton, you got this!!!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Looks like he respects Bacon as much as I do 😂

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... rojections

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Burg94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm Good luck Ironton! Us river rats give each other crap during the season but have each others back come playoff time. Just like you did for us in 2017. Don't worry about Kirtland or their posters yet. Also wish the best for Carrico when he enrolls early at OSU in a couple months. Nothing would make us prouder down here than a local kid doing big things on Saturday afternoon much like Pendleton did...stay healthy boys. A few months ago we didn't even know we would have a season, glad it has come to this point even though COVID is worse now than then...Ironton, you got this!!!
Hey don’t knock us K-land guys. I been pulling for Ironton and following for quite some time now. Obviously I can’t next week, given we both win, but we very much respect Ironton. We have said all year long we want that game because it would be the best matchup and here we are, each one win away. Our best win yet is Mentor Lake Catholic which is a D4 team and in the state semifinals. If that game happens and we were to win, it would be right up there or better than that one. If not, one of the most storied programs in Ohio ends a 40 game streak and takes home a title they are very deserving of

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:54 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:03 pm Ironton is hungry for Canton...Spartans are up next.....
Maybe hungry for OBETZ not Canton

Yeah we discussed this on page 1/2 or something like that. Figure of speech and been saying it since week 1 so continued on
For the superstitious factor. Thanks for the clarification on the site again!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 pm
Burg94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm Good luck Ironton! Us river rats give each other crap during the season but have each others back come playoff time. Just like you did for us in 2017. Don't worry about Kirtland or their posters yet. Also wish the best for Carrico when he enrolls early at OSU in a couple months. Nothing would make us prouder down here than a local kid doing big things on Saturday afternoon much like Pendleton did...stay healthy boys. A few months ago we didn't even know we would have a season, glad it has come to this point even though COVID is worse now than then...Ironton, you got this!!!
Hey don’t knock us K-land guys. I been pulling for Ironton and following for quite some time now. Obviously I can’t next week, given we both win, but we very much respect Ironton. We have said all year long we want that game because it would be the best matchup and here we are, each one win away. Our best win yet is Mentor Lake Catholic which is a D4 team and in the state semifinals. If that game happens and we were to win, it would be right up there or better than that one. If not, one of the most storied programs in Ohio ends a 40 game streak and takes home a title they are very deserving of

Kudos for the respect given to Irontons way. Hopefully they do get the rematch and I’ll say again. If the first half of 2019 state title game ends doffernt the Tigers could be fighting for a back to back state titles. But first things first. We need Both Kirtland and Ironton to win one more so we all can witness the rematch.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Kudos for the respect given to Irontons way. Hopefully they do get the rematch and I’ll say again. If the first half of 2019 state title game ends doffernt the Tigers could be fighting for a back to back state titles. But first things first. We need Both Kirtland and Ironton to win one more so we all can witness the rematch.
Well from what I gather on Otsego, we should handle them by 2-3 scores and I give Bacon about as much credit as houseworth does. He’s got Ironton 89% and Bacon 11%. I was thinking more like 95% to 5% but I have went over it and over it. I honestly can’t find one single reason, based on bacons last 3 games, that would lead me to believe that Ironton doesn’t win this, Kiner included

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 pm Looks like he respects Bacon as much as I do 😂

He’s seems to be pretty emphatic it will be Ironton and Kirtland, hope he’s right.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Well from what I gather on Otsego, we should handle them by 2-3 scores and I give Bacon about as much credit as houseworth does. He’s got Ironton 89% and Bacon 11%. I was thinking more like 95% to 5% but I have went over it and over it. I honestly can’t find one single reason, based on bacons last 3 games, that would lead me to believe that Ironton doesn’t win this, Kiner included
I feel the same about ostego there is no way they win the line of scrimmage battle against kirtland enough to score more than twice i dont see it

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:27 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:18 pm

I feel the same about ostego there is no way they win the line of scrimmage battle against kirtland enough to score more than twice i dont see it
I agree

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:23 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 pm Looks like he respects Bacon as much as I do 😂

He’s seems to be pretty emphatic it will be Ironton and Kirtland, hope he’s right.
Yeah he’s said it from day one, but I think most everyone has thought that. Seems Ironton getting quite a bit of love over on yappi too

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 am I’m basically seeing what others are looking at when you watch bacons games. I’m like ironton should steam roll this team, then I think man I thought burg would move the ball against ridgewood too until they played and my expertise went out the window.

It’s hard to judge based on games with other opponents.

I’m with speedkillz a little on this. I think the QB is better than what we think he is. He looked average against Shawnee but then I watched him against Versailles and thought he looked really good. I think he has to have a good game for bacon to win. If ironton can cover their receivers one on one, ironton can keep their outside lb in the box and keep kliner at bay. But if they have to drop into zone, that opens up bigger running lanes that kliner can exploit.

I think the advantage ironton has is their power run game on the edges. I’m not sure bacon has tough corners to come up and make a tackle.
Can you or anyone share YouTube link to Shawnee or Versailles game?

I’ve spent hours looking and get lost in a YouTube -Tube.

Please and thank you.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:27 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 am I’m basically seeing what others are looking at when you watch bacons games. I’m like ironton should steam roll this team, then I think man I thought burg would move the ball against ridgewood too until they played and my expertise went out the window.

It’s hard to judge based on games with other opponents.

I’m with speedkillz a little on this. I think the QB is better than what we think he is. He looked average against Shawnee but then I watched him against Versailles and thought he looked really good. I think he has to have a good game for bacon to win. If ironton can cover their receivers one on one, ironton can keep their outside lb in the box and keep kliner at bay. But if they have to drop into zone, that opens up bigger running lanes that kliner can exploit.

I think the advantage ironton has is their power run game on the edges. I’m not sure bacon has tough corners to come up and make a tackle.
Can you or anyone share YouTube link to Shawnee or Versailles game?

I’ve spent hours looking and get lost in a YouTube -Tube.

Please and thank you.
Twitch tv roger bacon. Not on you tube

Return to “Football”