S

Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by 14U »

What do you think??

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by Kirtland80 »

I’ve cheered for Ironton for probably 8 weeks or so now. It has been my pleasure to watch them every week and root for them. This week I gotta sway away from that. Regardless of the outcome, it won’t be a let down to me as we have went back to back and won the last 40, plus I have grown fond of Ironton and their fans on here. That being said, Go Hornets

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TIGERSFAN08
Waterboy

Post by TIGERSFAN08 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:54 pm I’ve cheered for Ironton for probably 8 weeks or so now. It has been my pleasure to watch them every week and root for them. This week I gotta sway away from that. Regardless of the outcome, it won’t be a let down to me as we have went back to back and won the last 40, plus I have grown fond of Ironton and their fans on here. That being said, Go Hornets
Thank you for the kind words good luck to you guys next weekend.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:54 pm I’ve cheered for Ironton for probably 8 weeks or so now. It has been my pleasure to watch them every week and root for them. This week I gotta sway away from that. Regardless of the outcome, it won’t be a let down to me as we have went back to back and won the last 40, plus I have grown fond of Ironton and their fans on here. That being said, Go Hornets
Class act you are!
Glad to have had you here!
Thanks for joining us.

Good luck Tigers, gotta play clean to compete with Kland!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

TIGERSFAN08 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:56 pm
Thank you for the kind words good luck to you guys next weekend.
Best of luck to you guys as well. I knew about 10 or so up here that was pulling for you guys tonight. Welcome back to the state final

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Refreshing to see a classy opponent

Best of Luck to Ironton

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:58 pm
Class act you are!
Glad to have had you here!
Thanks for joining us.

Good luck Tigers, gotta play clean to compete with Kland!
As are you guys. If we do lose, I’d rather it be to you guys. Congratulations on the victory tonight and enjoy the ride

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton needs to bring their A game. Kirtland has been great all year

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I would like a Tiger win but Ohio State loses a lot more big games than Kirtland. Hornets by 17 unless Ironton can find any type of passing game to offset the run and 3 turnovers like tonight would not bode well next week. Just my honest opinion after watching all the playoff games the past few weeks.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:16 pm Ironton needs to bring their A game. Kirtland has been great all year
We were in a 15-13 game at the half. We could do better but we did wear them down like we are accustomed to and take over midway through the 3rd

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Ironton has the talent to do it. It wasn’t easy last year and I don’t expect it to be this year either. Should be a great one with 2 great teams battling it out

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

After watching Ironton tonight last year was their best chance.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to Ironton making it to the championship. Kirtland seems to be the favorite but as you can see a couple of turnovers can make it interesting. Good luck tigers!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:52 pm Congrats to Ironton making it to the championship. Kirtland seems to be the favorite but as you can see a couple of turnovers can make it interesting. Good luck tigers!
And we did have a fumble. Could have been 22-13 at the half instead of 15-13 but credit to Otsego, he got his helmet right on the ball with a big hit with us at their 2 yard line

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Glad to see this rematch, hopefully the building blocks are in place for Ironton to continue making this deep playoff pushes

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Just looked it up. We need 1 win to tie the longest winning streak ever in Ohio. Makes this game even bigger. Cincinnati Wyoming currently holds that record at 41 games. We are at 40 and also it’s the second longest streak in the nation

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm Just looked it up. We need 1 win to tie the longest winning streak ever in Ohio. Makes this game even bigger. Cincinnati Wyoming currently holds that record at 41 games. We are at 40 and also it’s the second longest streak in the nation
That’s pretty impressive.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:31 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm Just looked it up. We need 1 win to tie the longest winning streak ever in Ohio. Makes this game even bigger. Cincinnati Wyoming currently holds that record at 41 games. We are at 40 and also it’s the second longest streak in the nation
That’s pretty impressive.
Yes but if we want #41 to tie, a pretty good team stands in the way. If we can get that surely we don’t lose first game next season to take it to 42

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

If we could have had a "full season " you guys would already have the record! Good luck to both teams.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Burg94 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:17 am If we could have had a "full season " you guys would already have the record! Good luck to both teams.
I as a fan would like to have it but not sure they really focus on that record. We tried to schedule way up this year since there was no playoff points involved. Pretty sure (99.9%, actually 100%) if we would have gotten on there who they tried to get, we wouldn’t have that streak

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”