Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

FIDO
S

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by FIDO »

Play to your strength. That's what got them there and that's what they did. Today, it wasn't enough.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm Play to your strength. That's what got them there and that's what they did. Today, it wasn't enough.
Agree. That’s all you can ask for. If it’s any consolation, the D4 schools would have lost also and probably these D3 as well

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

As they have all year, ironton looked undisciplined with penalties and turnovers. They also looked unprepared and slow.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 pm That last play of the game told it all. WOW.
You mean as in they do not quit or stop???

6O HORN3TS 🐝
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, I had 2 predictions one for the Ironton team that figured it out and straightened things up losing in a close one. The other the Ironton team that continued to play the way it has the last couple weeks and that was them losing by 20. I don't care who you play you're not going to win a state championship game with 3 turnovers, 7 penalties and only holding the ball for 16 minutes. They had a good season but I think someone said it best and last year was their shot. Congrats on back to back trips they took the hard way to get there. Good luck next season and looking forward to seeing Carrico at OSU next year. For Kirtland good luck next season, heck of a DV program they're running.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:47 pm Well, I had 2 predictions one for the Ironton team that figured it out and straightened things up losing in a close one. The other the Ironton team that continued to play the way it has the last couple weeks and that was them losing by 20. I don't care who you play you're not going to win a state championship game with 3 turnovers, 7 penalties and only holding the ball for 16 minutes. They had a good season but I think someone said it best and last year was their shot. Congrats on back to back trips they took the hard way to get there. Good luck next season and looking forward to seeing Carrico at OSU next year. For Kirtland good luck next season, heck of a DV program they're running.
That’s what we try to do. The longer our time of possession, the longer defenses are on the field. Thank you. Good luck to you guys as well. Maybe we can meet up again

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:47 pm Well, I had 2 predictions one for the Ironton team that figured it out and straightened things up losing in a close one. The other the Ironton team that continued to play the way it has the last couple weeks and that was them losing by 20. I don't care who you play you're not going to win a state championship game with 3 turnovers, 7 penalties and only holding the ball for 16 minutes. They had a good season but I think someone said it best and last year was their shot. Congrats on back to back trips they took the hard way to get there. Good luck next season and looking forward to seeing Carrico at OSU next year. For Kirtland good luck next season, heck of a DV program they're running.
That’s what we try to do. The longer our time of possession, the longer defenses are on the field. Thank you. Good luck to you guys as well. Maybe we can meet up again

May wanna check out the ESPN Sportcenter Top 10.....you guys made the The TOP PLAY at #1.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Carrico will be lucky to see the field , see what speed and good coaching will do to you .Kirkland ran circles around him.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 am

May wanna check out the ESPN Sportcenter Top 10.....you guys made the The TOP PLAY at #1.....
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 am

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

That was ESPN top catch of Saturday too!!

I thought they was going to do a segment on the game. I’m watching as we speak.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Didn’t see that yet. I will look for it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:27 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 pm That last play of the game told it all. WOW.
Pretty much. I'll call him the "human bowling ball" (#40). Played defense all day then in the 4th Tiger let him lug the pigskin 6 or 7 times and that last run on whatever it was, 4th and 6 I think when Ironton thought they might get 1 last shot he bullied, spun, twisted , turned kept his feet thru 4 attempted tackles to get the last first down. He got up, flexed his right bicep and headed to the sideline.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:17 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:27 pm
Pretty much. I'll call him the "human bowling ball" (#40). Played defense all day then in the 4th Tiger let him lug the pigskin 6 or 7 times and that last run on whatever it was, 4th and 6 I think when Ironton thought they might get 1 last shot he bullied, spun, twisted , turned kept his feet thru 4 attempted tackles to get the last first down. He got up, flexed his right bicep and headed to the sideline.
Lol I laughed too hard at “he got up, flexed his right bicep and headed to the sideline.” They play hard all 4 quarters no matter the score. Nick Schwartz is who it was

6O HORN3TS 🐝
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congratulations to the Hornets. They play about as clean a game of football as I've ever seen. Disciplined, technically sound, they execute very good and are hard nosed. They were the epitome of what 11 men "together" can do yesterday.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

first off my hats off to the ironton fighting tigers and the Kirtland hornets. both had amazing years. ironton has nothing to drop their chin down for. over 820 high school football teams in ohio. and only 14 teams got there. another huge plus for ironton is our coach has 3 years now under his belt coaching. and he has been to 2 state championships in 3 years. so it is a huge opportunity to learn. he's only 28. as physical as ironton has been. we were just overmanned. the execution of Kirtland is out of this world. it's actually quite unbelievable. Kirtland is a team that is so versatile. they have a very diverse attack on offense, and pull out all stops. their execution is amazing. ironton had an amazing year as well. I am so proud of them. those boys are playing really good football there again. but we have to continue to improve in many facets. especially tackling. I feel ironton's tackling was what cost us the most. and being a bit to one dimensional. but that's how you learn. I know everybody is sad ironton lost, after another amazing year. but this was ironton's 10th state championship game. so many districts have never been to 1. I take my hat off to tiger laverde and his Kirtland hornets. they are an amazing program. and we need to iitate and learn from them and the loss, and improve in areas where we were dominated. I feel fighting tiger football is in excellent hands. and I expect nothing less than continuing to grow and learn and be competitive. it was an honor to watch this team and staff all year. you reached a goal that you aimed for all year. I remember a buffalo bills team that lost 4 super bowls. but they were still an amazing team. full of all pros. ironton athletes are learning football the right way. we just need to be more diverse on offense, and tackle better on defense. but the good news is they have had 2 games against a team that literally does everything right. and their consistency is staggering. but the experience ironton is gaining is immeasurable. what a blessed year of tiger football. and back to back runner ups. well that's amazing. can't wait till next year. Kirtland is a gold standard to learn from. but guys , think of the memories nobody can ever take from you. life is rough, and you'll draw on these things you have learned the rest of your lives. congratulations to both squads.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 am Congratulations to the Hornets. They play about as clean a game of football as I've ever seen. Disciplined, technically sound, they execute very good and are hard nosed. They were the epitome of what 11 men "together" can do yesterday.
Thank you. I’m not sure what LaVerde did but he had them ready. It was our best defensive game all year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:53 am first off my hats off to the ironton fighting tigers and the Kirtland hornets. both had amazing years. ironton has nothing to drop their chin down for. over 820 high school football teams in ohio. and only 14 teams got there. another huge plus for ironton is our coach has 3 years now under his belt coaching. and he has been to 2 state championships in 3 years. so it is a huge opportunity to learn. he's only 28. as physical as ironton has been. we were just overmanned. the execution of Kirtland is out of this world. it's actually quite unbelievable. Kirtland is a team that is so versatile. they have a very diverse attack on offense, and pull out all stops. their execution is amazing. ironton had an amazing year as well. I am so proud of them. those boys are playing really good football there again. but we have to continue to improve in many facets. especially tackling. I feel ironton's tackling was what cost us the most. and being a bit to one dimensional. but that's how you learn. I know everybody is sad ironton lost, after another amazing year. but this was ironton's 10th state championship game. so many districts have never been to 1. I take my hat off to tiger laverde and his Kirtland hornets. they are an amazing program. and we need to iitate and learn from them and the loss, and improve in areas where we were dominated. I feel fighting tiger football is in excellent hands. and I expect nothing less than continuing to grow and learn and be competitive. it was an honor to watch this team and staff all year. you reached a goal that you aimed for all year. I remember a buffalo bills team that lost 4 super bowls. but they were still an amazing team. full of all pros. ironton athletes are learning football the right way. we just need to be more diverse on offense, and tackle better on defense. but the good news is they have had 2 games against a team that literally does everything right. and their consistency is staggering. but the experience ironton is gaining is immeasurable. what a blessed year of tiger football. and back to back runner ups. well that's amazing. can't wait till next year. Kirtland is a gold standard to learn from. but guys , think of the memories nobody can ever take from you. life is rough, and you'll draw on these things you have learned the rest of your lives. congratulations to both squads.
Thank you. LaVerde has us a “well oiled machine” as the announcers called us. Good luck to you guys this coming season. Ours are in the weight room now preparing for another run next season. Maybe we meet again...

6O HORN3TS 🐝
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it shows brother. admittedly I'm a good 13 pages behind in reading this. but I will it has been an honor to read your posts. hit me up on facebook, tom Osborne, 60 waverly, ohio. redhead with red beard. I want to look back through these pages. but I hope they have been positive and supportive in nature. there is absolutely know reason to rake anybody through the coals here. congratulations to the fighting tigers and the Kirtland hornets.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I want to know if Coach LaVerde is getting any D1 offers to Coach? He would be a good one at the next level.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:56 pm I want to know if Coach LaVerde is getting any D1 offers to Coach? He would be a good one at the next level.
He gets offers from everywhere but has no interest. He has turned Kirtland Hornet football into the powerhouse that it is and his kids go to school here, he loves teaching math here and he and his wife are happy. He loves the community. I do not see him leaving here and if he stays and keeps us on this pace, he will take over the all time win list in no time. He went from 100 in 13 to over 200, 7 shorts years later. He is on record pace here and has the best all time win percentage in Ohio history. Fairly safe to say he is happy here

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”