2021 Outlook: What does your team have coming back?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

2021 Outlook: What does your team have coming back?

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Who returns? Who graduates? Opinions on your team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2021 Outlook: What does your team have coming back?

Post by wobycat »

Burg needs to put a line together. One starter that was a starter because of injury, is coming back. Everything else will be pretty solid

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Lose some. Got plenty to step up. Should be another deep run I would think

6O HORN3TS 🐝
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Unfortunately I think Burg may have a hard time next year. They bring back some pretty good athletes, but I think they will lack the physicality needed to compete at the level we have been accustomed too. They will be solid defensively, but I think very comparable to this year. Offensively they will need to adjust to not having a QB than can sling the rock around. Unfortunately to do this they will need a physical and effective offensive line which I think they will struggle to find. I hope I’m wrong but realistically I can see a 8-2, 7-3 season with one or two playoff games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm Unfortunately I think Burg may have a hard time next year. They bring back some pretty good athletes, but I think they will lack the physicality needed to compete at the level we have been accustomed too. They will be solid defensively, but I think very comparable to this year. Offensively they will need to adjust to not having a QB than can sling the rock around. Unfortunately to do this they will need a physical and effective offensive line which I think they will struggle to find. I hope I’m wrong but realistically I can see a 8-2, 7-3 season with one or two playoff games.
If burg can find two inside d tackles, you’re going to see a solid defense. Burg needs a oline for sure but defensively I think they will be pretty good if they stay healthy

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm Unfortunately I think Burg may have a hard time next year. They bring back some pretty good athletes, but I think they will lack the physicality needed to compete at the level we have been accustomed too. They will be solid defensively, but I think very comparable to this year. Offensively they will need to adjust to not having a QB than can sling the rock around. Unfortunately to do this they will need a physical and effective offensive line which I think they will struggle to find. I hope I’m wrong but realistically I can see a 8-2, 7-3 season with one or two playoff games.

What makes you say that? I don’t believe anyone thought that Trent Salyers would throw the ball like he did, plus you have to remember he replaced a first team all-state QB. It didn’t hurt that he had a player to throw the ball to, his name escapes me.......................................oh, that’s right Tanner Holden, but bottom line is that Trent still had to make the throws. I look for the Jones kid to step up and be QB and if they get a line, Derrick Lattimore will be a beast. Look for his twin Eric to step up as well.

Burg might have to get away from the spread and the bubble screens. JMO

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:52 pm
If burg can find two inside d tackles, you’re going to see a solid defense. Burg needs a oline for sure but defensively I think they will be pretty good if they stay healthy
It will be Senior Holsinger and Junior Blackburn on interior D-line both played a lot last season

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 pm

What makes you say that? I don’t believe anyone thought that Trent Salyers would throw the ball like he did, plus you have to remember he replaced a first team all-state QB. It didn’t hurt that he had a player to throw the ball to, his name escapes me.......................................oh, that’s right Tanner Holden, but bottom line is that Trent still had to make the throws. I look for the Jones kid to step up and be QB and if they get a line, Derrick Lattimore will be a beast. Look for his twin Eric to step up as well.

Burg might have to get away from the spread and the bubble screens. JMO
Trent’s game was always throwing the ball around. He was never considered a running threat so I would argue that the coaches and anyone who watched him come up through the ranks new he would be much more of a passer than runner, and knew what they were getting when deciding to start him. I’m not saying that the Lattimore twins will not be good players, but everyone knows those athletes can only take you so far, especially against good teams.Oh, and no Tanner Holden’s are walking the halls at this point to bail us out in tough situations. Just saying it’s going to hard to establish a consistent running game if they cannot throw the ball and having a brand new, very young offensive line.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley returns all of its skill players I think but loses some of its line. If they can stay healthy which is something they have struggled with recently they should be really good and I expect a playoff run. I have heard a rumor that Crabtree might finally retire but I don’t really believe it.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

Wellston lost 13 Seniors, I think 8 or them started on both defense and offense. Coach Smith will have to develop players, so next year they should be competitive depending on how many players step up and improve.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Tanksdad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:51 am Wellston lost 13 Seniors, I think 8 or them started on both defense and offense. Coach Smith will have to develop players, so next year they should be competitive depending on how many players step up and improve.
The big ? for Wellston will be the OL. All 5 starters are gone. Linebacker will also be a concern with only 1 returning starter.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:24 pm Valley returns all of its skill players I think but loses some of its line. If they can stay healthy which is something they have struggled with recently they should be really good and I expect a playoff run. I have heard a rumor that Crabtree might finally retire but I don’t really believe it.
I think it may be time for Crabtree to hang it up. The guy has been an exceptional coach for Valley for so long. He’s had a lot of success and that isn’t to be forgotten. But I do believe it may be time for a change, all good things must come to an end at some point. Would like to see Valley get a younger coach, maybe someone who could being a different perspective and culture. Either way, can’t disrespect Crabtree for what he has done at Valley.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West lost some good senior leaders, but returns most of the starters on both sides of the ball

Have to replace 2 guards and 2 defensive ends. Other positions had a younger player start at one time or another.

I expect them to challenge for the SOCII and be a factor in the playoffs.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ironton has some real talent returning.

Incase folks missed it, Angelo Washington is gonna be a STUD defensive end. He's fast and athletic.

Carter returns but he is injury prone. He does come back w a ton of upside. Needs to be faster. Needs to get healthy. Stronger.

Terrence West is a big play guy. Good speed. Needs to get stronger.

Jacquez Keys: good speed. Needs to get stronger.

De'angelo Weekly: he & Washington are my picks for impact players. Weekly has a good center gravity. Fast. Needs to get stronger.

Both Lines, O & D are solid. Good size, but need to get stronger and faster.

Qb1 Carpenter is back. Needs to work on accuracy, strength. Gotta be more of a dual threat. Gotta find his speed guys in space w the ball.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 am
Izladoom wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:24 pm Valley returns all of its skill players I think but loses some of its line. If they can stay healthy which is something they have struggled with recently they should be really good and I expect a playoff run. I have heard a rumor that Crabtree might finally retire but I don’t really believe it.
I think it may be time for Crabtree to hang it up. The guy has been an exceptional coach for Valley for so long. He’s had a lot of success and that isn’t to be forgotten. But I do believe it may be time for a change, all good things must come to an end at some point. Would like to see Valley get a younger coach, maybe someone who could being a different perspective and culture. Either way, can’t disrespect Crabtree for what he has done at Valley.

Yeah I heard this is it for him but I don’t really trust the person that told me that. I have no clue who would replace him. My vote would be luke Keller but not sure if he is ready or if he would even want it. Whoever gets the job when Crabtree does hang them up they are going to have some big shoes to fill.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:36 pm Ironton has some real talent returning.

Incase folks missed it, Angelo Washington is gonna be a STUD defensive end. He's fast and athletic.

Carter returns but he is injury prone. He does come back w a ton of upside. Needs to be faster. Needs to get healthy. Stronger.

De'angelo Weekly: he & Washington are my picks for impact players. Weekly has a good center gravity. Fast. Needs to get stronger.

Qb1 Carpenter is back. Needs to work on accuracy, strength. Gotta be more of a dual threat. Gotta find his speed guys in space w the ball.
I think the Cochran boy on the defensive line will be a stud. Despite the loss he played well in the state game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:34 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:36 pm Ironton has some real talent returning.

I think the Cochran boy on the defensive line will be a stud. Despite the loss he played well in the state game.
Yes. Needs to get leaner & faster.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble and Fort Frye will be the top teams in SEO

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm Trimble and Fort Frye will be the top teams in SEO
Neither one is your team, what about your Bullpups ? :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:54 pm Neither one is your team, what about your Bullpups ? :lol:
Ok?

Return to “Football”