Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:04 pm With a limited number of guests allowed, Maddox I heard is giving 93Dog Pfloyd's ticket to the NYE party.

Sorry, Floyd.

😂
Seemed obvious. I think red and white are the color theme for this year’s party.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:09 am Going to be a very interesting week for the (1-1) Federal Hocking Lancers, who haven't played since Dec. 8th! That will be exactly a 21-day lay off between games when they finally hit the court Tuesday.

Their week consist of:

at D2 Marietta (2-4), which a tough place to play.
at D3 Belpre (2-3). The Eagles Nest is definitely one of the toughest places to play in all of SEO.
at D3 Alexander (3-1). The Alley is right up there with The Eagles Nest. probably 1 & 2 in terms of difficult venues in the TVC.
Tough week in line for sure. Covid is having its way so far with the Lancers. Not sure when we will be at full strength.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:04 pm With a limited number of guests allowed, Maddox I heard is giving 93Dog Pfloyd's ticket to the NYE party.

Sorry, Floyd.

😂
.. no doubt that pfloyd is waaaay down the invite list for many parties - as the Portsmouth SEOP contingent has boycotted posting due to pfloyd rankings, mrwonderful trashed pfloyd for only mentioning "a select group" of coaches out of the 71 in SEO ... yep, pfloyd will be stuck at home watching videos of live streamed pre-2021 games from the Covid Season ... the "committee of one" calls 'em as it sees 'em & ranks them the same LOL ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Sorry, Floyd.

😂
.. no doubt that pfloyd is waaaay down the invite list for many parties - as the Portsmouth SEOP contingent has boycotted posting due to pfloyd rankings, mrwonderful trashed pfloyd for only mentioning "a select group" of coaches out of the 71 in SEO ... yep, pfloyd will be stuck at home watching videos of live streamed pre-2021 games from the Covid Season ... the "committee of one" calls 'em as it sees 'em & ranks them the same LOL ...
You’re always welcome at Unioto...unless you rank us too low, then that’ll all change! 😡

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Sorry, Floyd.

😂
You’re always welcome at Unioto...unless you rank us too low, then that’ll all change! 😡
LOL ! always strings attached daniC !!! LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Perhaps there were no twizzlers left in Washington County for Maddox to bribe Floyd with - the Belpre AD must have bought em all up. Surprised you don't rank the Golden Eagles higher every year, Floyd, as well as she takes care of you at tournament time!

Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:43 pm Perhaps there were no twizzlers left in Washington County for Maddox to bribe Floyd with - the Belpre AD must have bought em all up. Surprised you don't rank the Golden Eagles higher every year, Floyd, as well as she takes care of you at tournament time!

Lol
... the Belpre AD is a professional , she knows that pfloyd can't be bought (although if she has BOTH Tootsie Rolls AND Twizzlers in the Hospitality Room I MIGHT be SWAYED - just saying LOL ... she DOES take care of us though 93dog THAT I will agree ) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Prince wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:21 am Nice list but Ironton and CG both beat Peak . The Tigers will only get better . Good young talent .
... I watched the games live streamed - both Ironton and Coal Grove moved up the list with their W's over the Peake as well ... I'm with you on Ironton, they will keep getting better as the season goes along - improving offensively for sure ... Coach Fitch has always been a defensive coach along with developing fundamentals at both ends of the floor ... I'town will be fine and help determine who wins the OVC this season ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Sorry, Floyd.

😂
Hang in there pal. Good times are in the future.(I hope) haha!! I think my Indians will end up in the top 25 if they ever get to play. Have fun Pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Sorry, Floyd.

😂
Hang in there pal. Good times are in the future.(I hope) haha!! I think my Indians will end up in the top 25 if they ever get to play. Have fun Pfloyd.
Hoopie74 I'm with you on teams "getting to play" hate seeing teams stopped from playing due to the contact tracing BUT I understand the reasoning behind it (although - are we going to have to quarantine forever due to the covid contacts? when does it stop ? after the vaccine has been out there long enough to make a difference or a perceived difference? ... not my call, I'm still waiting to hear from my oncologist as to whether I will be able to take the vaccine when it rolls out for educators in the next couple of week, and IF I am allowed to take the vaccine - which one? the docs weren't sure that I would be able to take the vaccine based on the interaction with my immunotherapy treatments from my past battles with cancer ... 2021 will be interesting on and off the court ... Hoopie74 , I wish you and your loved ones the best for the New Year ! ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:47 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Hoopie74 I'm with you on teams "getting to play" hate seeing teams stopped from playing due to the contact tracing BUT I understand the reasoning behind it (although - are we going to have to quarantine forever due to the covid contacts? when does it stop ? after the vaccine has been out there long enough to make a difference or a perceived difference? ... not my call, I'm still waiting to hear from my oncologist as to whether I will be able to take the vaccine when it rolls out for educators in the next couple of week, and IF I am allowed to take the vaccine - which one? the docs weren't sure that I would be able to take the vaccine based on the interaction with my immunotherapy treatments from my past battles with cancer ... 2021 will be interesting on and off the court ... Hoopie74 , I wish you and your loved ones the best for the New Year ! ...
Back at ya buddy. Have a happy New Year!! Continued good health as well. Peace on earth and goodwill to all.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So in the OVC you think Gallia Academy 6th, Coal Grove 7th and Rock Hill 8th

I do think the OVC is the toughest to predict from 2ns-7th

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:07 pm So in the OVC you think Gallia Academy 6th, Coal Grove 7th and Rock Hill 8th

I do think the OVC is the toughest to predict from 2ns-7th
I think that Gallia Academy NEEDS to play more games for me to move them up, Coal Grove is young - only 1 senior - they will be up an down just because the youngin's are learning how to play varsity ball ... Rock Hill has not been a factor in league play for awhile - they will need to show me in their play in the league as well ...the players in the league until proven otherwise are Fairland, Ironton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and South Point with the order still up in the air - Portsmouth plays Chesapeake tomorrow night I believe so the order starts taking shape from there ... Portsmouth plays Rock Hill Wednesday night - again those 2 will show where they are either in the upper half or lower half of the OVC ... Gallia Academy is my question mark they aren't playing games until 1/5 when they are @ PHS... 1/8 vs Chesapeake ... 1/9 @ Ironton if the schedule holds true THAT stretch will tell us a LOT about GAHS ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Who else plays Monday 12/28 ?

Portsmouth vs Chesapeake
Fairland @ Buckeye Valley

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Just finished watching Portsmouth West @ Minford (MHS 78 PWHS 50) ... Minford won the first qtr 33-6 ... the Senators played them practically even the rest of the game ... both teams coughed up the ball Minford 19 times to West's 23 ... West likes to pressure the ball tramping out on the perimeter for 32 minutes ... PWHS has some good shooters who can drop the 3 ball on you it appears ... looked like with the pressure on the perimeter good teams can take advantage from the perimeter along the baseline (Zimmerman for Minford 30+ points) ... Minford hit their 3's (12) and attacked the rim when they broke the pressure ... too many TOs by both teams ... hard to tell from video but West looks to have good size and length as a team ... I'll keep an eye on the Senators and who they play both wins and losses ... as I posted I'm good where they are right now at #42 ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great list once again PFloyd!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:19 pm ... Just finished watching Portsmouth West @ Minford (MHS 78 PWHS 50) ... Minford won the first qtr 33-6 ... the Senators played them practically even the rest of the game ... both teams coughed up the ball Minford 19 times to West's 23 ... West likes to pressure the ball tramping out on the perimeter for 32 minutes ... PWHS has some good shooters who can drop the 3 ball on you it appears ... looked like with the pressure on the perimeter good teams can take advantage from the perimeter along the baseline (Zimmerman for Minford 30+ points) ... Minford hit their 3's (12) and attacked the rim when they broke the pressure ... too many TOs by both teams ... hard to tell from video but West looks to have good size and length as a team ... I'll keep an eye on the Senators and who they play both wins and losses ... as I posted I'm good where they are right now at #42 ...
I feel like we aren’t the greatest shooting team actually. We have some guys that knock down the mid range shots but I feel like we are thriving off the turnovers forced in the trap. We are pretty deep with guys coming off the bench far as bringing energy and length

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:53 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:19 pm ... Just finished watching Portsmouth West @ Minford (MHS 78 PWHS 50) ... Minford won the first qtr 33-6 ... the Senators played them practically even the rest of the game ... both teams coughed up the ball Minford 19 times to West's 23 ... West likes to pressure the ball tramping out on the perimeter for 32 minutes ... PWHS has some good shooters who can drop the 3 ball on you it appears ... looked like with the pressure on the perimeter good teams can take advantage from the perimeter along the baseline (Zimmerman for Minford 30+ points) ... Minford hit their 3's (12) and attacked the rim when they broke the pressure ... too many TOs by both teams ... hard to tell from video but West looks to have good size and length as a team ... I'll keep an eye on the Senators and who they play both wins and losses ... as I posted I'm good where they are right now at #42 ...
I feel like we aren’t the greatest shooting team actually. We have some guys that knock down the mid range shots but I feel like we are thriving off the turnovers forced in the trap. We are pretty deep with guys coming off the bench far as bringing energy and length
I believe it was Jesse Dixon who knocked down 2 or 3 shots on the perimeter for the Senators ... I wasn’t keeping stats while I was watching but they run a lot of players in and out of the game - 8 deep or so ? I just looked at the numbers Rodney Moore 6-5 in the paint on the blocks ? He’s a solid 6-5 too... a lot of nice pieces for West ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tuesday, December 29th

McClain @ Adena
Southeastern @ Vinton County
Unioto @ Circleville
North Adams @ Zane Trace

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:21 am Tuesday, December 29th

McClain @ Adena
Southeastern @ Vinton County
Unioto @ Circleville
North Adams @ Zane Trace
Those 4 games will help a good bit. Adena should hold suit at home and I’d guess by double digits. Same could be said for VC. Unioto played like dog poop vs Roundtown last year and I expect a 53-38 type of win. NA at ZT....2 teams locked into that range of teams that might be anywhere from the 18-35 spots. NA winning at ZT would maybe push them up in their grouping.

Return to “Boys Basketball”