Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:49 pm I don’t feel there is a 16 spot difference between South Webster and Whiteoak...I think they are close. Coal Grove and Belpre too close IMO.

Fairfield and Peebles a bit high I think but we will find out shortly! Games are being played and nearly everyone is back!

Great list Pfloyd...again!
I agree. Peebles has not got enough practice and games in yet . They have 3 practices in the last two weeks.I believe they willl gel later with playing time. Should be tourny ready. Haven't got to see FF yet but they are fierce rivals ,but; it supposed me tht the FF vs Manchester game was do close. I would reverse Peebles and North Adams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I know we have a full slate of games on Tuesday 1/5 BUT I thought I had seen that there were games being played Monday, 1/4 as well - probably only a few ... anyone have games tomorrow night ????

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Glad to see my Senators getting some love! 2 winnable games this week at Eastern Pike Tuesday and home against South Webster Friday night.

Always enjoy your input, Pfloyd!

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:37 pm Glad to see my Senators getting some love! 2 winnable games this week at Eastern Pike Tuesday and home against South Webster Friday night.

Also have a game Wednesday @ Northwest.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Basketballfan40 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:18 am
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:37 pm Glad to see my Senators getting some love! 2 winnable games this week at Eastern Pike Tuesday and home against South Webster Friday night.

Also have a game Wednesday @ Northwest.
Just seen that! Thanks

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Finally my Logan Chieftains will be tipping it off !!!

Logan vs Groveport Madison (tonight)
Logan @ Marietta (Friday)
Logan @ New Albany (Sat)

Next week:

1/14 (Thurs) vs Teays Valley
1/16 (Sat) @ Jackson

... a couple teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line to give us a feel where the Purple stand vs SEO teams ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:57 am Finally my Logan Chieftains will be tipping it off !!!

Logan @ New Albany (Sat)

Next week:

1/16 (Sat) @ Jackson

... a couple teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line to give us a feel where the Purple stand vs SEO teams ...
Trimble still has just 21 games. I bet Howie would come play the Chiefs.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:27 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:57 am Finally my Logan Chieftains will be tipping it off !!!

Logan @ New Albany (Sat)

Next week:

1/16 (Sat) @ Jackson

Trimble still has just 21 games. I bet Howie would come play the Chiefs.
I think Peebles just has 19 since Beasts was canceled.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 15 9 14 16 - 54
Vinton County - 9 11 22 9 - 51

Athens

Matters 17 pts (5 treys)
Harris 4 pts/7 reb
Whiting 17 pts (8-for-9 from the line)
Welch 8 pts/12 reb
Sayers 8 pts

* Sayers drained a three from the corner for the win. Game was tied 51-51, VC had a try at it and missed. Welch got the board and called timeout, setting the stage for the game winner. Vinton led by as many as 9 in the 4th Q.

Vinton

Montgomery 9 pts
Radabaugh 2 pts
Damron 18 pts (6 treys)
Karr 9 pts
Davidson 3 pts/4 reb/4 blocks
Matteson 6 pts
Herrold 4 pts

Vikings drained 10 treys in the game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 pm Athens 15 9 14 16 - 54

Athens

Matters 17 pts (5 treys)
Harris 4 pts/7 reb
Welch 8 pts/12 reb
Sayers 8 pts

* Sayers drained a three from the corner for the win. Game was tied 51-51, VC had a try at it and missed. Welch got the board and called timeout, setting the stage for the game winner. Vinton led by as many as 9 in the 4th Q.

Vinton

Montgomery 9 pts
Radabaugh 2 pts
Damron 18 pts (6 treys)
Karr 9 pts
Matteson 6 pts
Herrold 4 pts

Do these two teams ever play a boys basketball game that doesn’t come down to the wire? My goodness this has been a fun series over the last 10+ years.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Dundas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:41 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 pm Athens 15 9 14 16 - 54

Athens

Matters 17 pts (5 treys)
Harris 4 pts/7 reb
Welch 8 pts/12 reb
Sayers 8 pts

Vinton

Montgomery 9 pts
Radabaugh 2 pts
Damron 18 pts (6 treys)
Karr 9 pts
Matteson 6 pts
Herrold 4 pts

Do these two teams ever play a boys basketball game that doesn’t come down to the wire? My goodness this has been a fun series over the last 10+ years.
So true!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

pfloyd, i know Ohio has had it's more than fair share of this virus, and with all of it going on ball has been able to get games in.
FYI, Here in Arizona our version of OHSAA, AIA, we have moved the start of basketball, boys and girls, to January 18th at the earlest
The school I work part time has been preseasoned at #2 in 4A (we have 6) and this is with losing 2 top players to the socalled prep schools,
sure do miss bb...so everyone keep posting, it is such fun to read.....and for my fellow Portsmouth Trojans which have quit positing,,,shame on
you,,,get over it....trojandave and the rest.....get a cup of coffee with pink and get your acts together, I say this with love, there are a lot of
trojans that are ways from home and this is a way for us to keep up....wipalawalt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wipala wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:24 pm pfloyd, i know Ohio has had it's more than fair share of this virus, and with all of it going on ball has been able to get games in.
FYI, Here in Arizona our version of OHSAA, AIA, we have moved the start of basketball, boys and girls, to January 18th at the earlest
The school I work part time has been preseasoned at #2 in 4A (we have 6) and this is with losing 2 top players to the socalled prep schools,
sure do miss bb...so everyone keep posting, it is such fun to read.....and for my fellow Portsmouth Trojans which have quit positing,,,shame on
you,,,get over it....trojandave and the rest.....get a cup of coffee with pink and get your acts together, I say this with love, there are a lot of
trojans that are ways from home and this is a way for us to keep up....wipalawalt
Your Trojans are on a roll with another win aver a decent Gallia Academy team 58-55 ... I don't specifics or any napkin stats on the game - as you said the Portsmouth contingent has gone AWOL from SEOPS - it's a shame for the players who could be getting props for the job they are doing on the court ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Do we have any scores from last night for :

Maysville
New Lex

Miller
Bishop Rosecrans

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:06 pm Do we have any scores from last night for :

Maysville
New Lex

Miller
Bishop Rosecrans
Miller 32 Rosecrans 71

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JC2124 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:26 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:06 pm Do we have any scores from last night for :

Maysville
New Lex

Miller
Bishop Rosecrans
Miller 32 Rosecrans 71
Thanks JC !

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Portsmouth west moves to 6-3 and 4-3 league with their 44-27 win at Northwest tonight

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:35 pm Portsmouth west moves to 6-3 and 4-3 league with their 44-27 win at Northwest tonight
... defense travels well ... when you have good athletes to begin with - give them fundamentals to work with, then improvement game to game happens ... as teams who buy into the Defensive side of the court - they start getting turnovers that result in transition points which then becomes a "part of the offense" that can be counted on each game ... getting 4-5 fgs out of your defense is tremendous when comes down to either closing the gap when you're behind or you are looking to get separation when you are ahead ... I'm a BIG fan of solid , in your face, body on a body, physical but clean defense ... I watch the Logan Elms, the Unioto's, the Warrens, the Fairlands of SEO - they physically beat a team up playing defense (legally) - I'm smiling the whole time I watch these TEAMS play ... they keep there man from getting to "their spots" forcing them to play from unfamiliar spots/shoot shots from unfamiliar spots on the floor while mentally frustrating the opponent ... great stuff I HOPE West is getting into playing this type of D ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:17 pm
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:35 pm Portsmouth west moves to 6-3 and 4-3 league with their 44-27 win at Northwest tonight
... defense travels well ... when you have good athletes to begin with - give them fundamentals to work with, then improvement game to game happens ... as teams who buy into the Defensive side of the court - they start getting turnovers that result in transition points which then becomes a "part of the offense" that can be counted on each game ... getting 4-5 fgs out of your defense is tremendous when comes down to either closing the gap when you're behind or you are looking to get separation when you are ahead ... I'm a BIG fan of solid , in your face, body on a body, physical but clean defense ... I watch the Logan Elms, the Unioto's, the Warrens, the Fairlands of SEO - they physically beat a team up playing defense (legally) - I'm smiling the whole time I watch these TEAMS play ... they keep there man from getting to "their spots" forcing them to play from unfamiliar spots/shoot shots from unfamiliar spots on the floor while mentally frustrating the opponent ... great stuff I HOPE West is getting into playing this type of D ...
Portsmouth West goes 3-0 in the Week that IS ... holding opponents to 34 ppg this week ... the Westsiders are making a statement ... time will tell as the Senators take on Oak Hill 1/12, THEN the true test as to whether PWHS believes @ Waverly 1/15 and @ Wheelersburg 1/18 ... looking forward to following the Westsiders in the next week and a half !!! (I don't think Wheelersburg charges for their livestream - pfloyd will be in on that one with a napkin stat rundown ...)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:12 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:17 pm
Portsmouth West goes 3-0 in the Week that IS ... holding opponents to 34 ppg this week ... the Westsiders are making a statement ... time will tell as the Senators take on Oak Hill 1/12, THEN the true test as to whether PWHS believes @ Waverly 1/15 and @ Wheelersburg 1/18 ... looking forward to following the Westsiders in the next week and a half !!! (I don't think Wheelersburg charges for their livestream - pfloyd will be in on that one with a napkin stat rundown ...)
Key against Wheelersburg and Waverly will be handling the pressure that their guards will put on West's guards and not get caught up playing their game. Make it a lower scoring half court game.

Even if those games don't go well the improvement is obvious and great to see.

Return to “Boys Basketball”