2021 Ohio State Football All Things Off-season

Omega
SEOPS H

2021 Ohio State Football All Things Off-season

Post by Omega »

The 2020 thread is becoming hard to navigate so here is a new topic to discuss the 2021 Ohio State football off season. Recruiting, returning players, spring practice, coaching, and especially where does the Buckeye program stand in the aftermath of their 52-24 blow out loss to Alabama in the CFP. Also the question lingers about "normalcy" given the contagion is still amongst us.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football All Things Off-season

Post by Omega »

2021 Schedule

Sept. 2 at Minnesota
Sept. 11 vs. Oregon
Sept. 18 vs. Tulsa
Sept. 25 vs. Akron
Oct. 2 at Nebraska
Oct. 9 vs. Purdue
Oct. 16 Bye
Oct. 23 at Rutgers
Oct. 30 vs. Michigan State
Nov. 6 at Indiana
Nov. 13 vs. Maryland
Nov. 20 vs. Penn State
Nov. 27 at Michigan

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio State is ranked 5th in the 2021 ESPN Way To Early Top 25 college football rankings:

1.) Clemson
2.) Alabama
3.) Oklahoma
4.) Georgia
5.) Ohio State

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... all-top-25

The usual suspects. Just out of curiosity though, given the extra year of eligibility granted by the NCAA due to the contagion, could an unlikely team make a playoff breakthrough if they have a high number of 5th or 6th year seniors return?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

ohio:..AND...You CANNOT make this up.. :lol:

*Are 2-8 All-time vs Clemson and THE TIDE...
*Are 0-5 All-Time vs Florida and Florida state...
*Are 1-6 All-Time vs LSU,GA,Auburn,Tennessee,and SCarolina...
*Are 4-5 All-Time vs Oklahoma,Texas,and THE U..
*Are 10-13 All-Time vs USC....
*Are 51-58 All-Time vs Michigan...
*Are 3-12 vs THE SEC....All-Time
*Are 26-27 in Bowl games...All_time...
*Has a Coach who said that ohio this year has "More" talent than "ANY" team he was EVER around..Including the NFL Eagles and 49ers....lol...
*This coach is the ONLY coach at this place so far who hasnt been Kicked to the curb in darn near 70 yrs for Lying,Losing,or Punching Clemson LBs....

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....Will the Boys give THE GENERAL the boot for this...lol

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

It did not take long for Ohio State to feel the recruiting effects caused by their playoff loss to Bama and the Tide's OC Sarkesean taking the Texas coaching job. The Buckeyes had hoped to land 4 star receiver Amani Winfield from Lewisville, TX. He has now committed to Texas

Makes you wonder if State's Texas recruits will now decommit and go with the Longhorns.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

About time you got back here general to help me out with these Columbus crybabies....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The General
All State

Post by The General »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 pm About time you got back here general to help me out with these Columbus crybabies....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too easy :lol: :lol: ....Those HOMERS that monitor this site cant handle it!!!..lol.....In the last 5 seasons ohio has had their Butts handed to them 6 times by a combined 247-107 :lol:....OR..By an average score of 41-18....Their HOMERS are either CROWING,CRYING,and/or CREATING excuses Why or How these things happen to them...And yet they get treated with all this favoritism because of the cash and the politics..And they looked like the local JV team when they cant frontrun someone...lol

ohio vs "The World"...lol....kind of rich when you consider they were given a seat at the table again this year only playing 6 games,and the fact that the QUALITY of outfits they played was so poor. They played 1 team with Maybe average talent and athleticism before given the full ride they DID NOT deserve..And that was psu....The QB play from rut,spart,NW,indy,Corn,and psu stunk for the most part..Clifford played so bad he got benched!!..And that lefty for indy with all the mechanics problems was a 56% passer..And he threw for 500 yds vs ohio...

The ONLY team out of the 6 ohio played who averaged anywhere near 4 yds per carry running it was Corn and they turned it over all the time..NW and Indy couldnt run it at all(Except against the Illini :lol: )Indy couldnt have got a 1st down if it wasnt for the Whopper and Fryfogle,who are pretty good....sermon gained 250 yds against NW before A PAD was put on him...He got padded the other evening though..lol

The same thing EVERY year..Groundhog day..Every year in Flavortown....

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Ahh I sure miss that down to earth talk of yours!!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!! Hope you get to stick around longer this time so together we can bring these people back to earth when their bloated fat heads get too far up in the clouds....... They can make a person puke real quick!!!!!!!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Oh and I fondly remember how you adamantly argued with these blowhards about 5 or 6 years ago who would be the better running back in the NFL,,,,,, Derrick Henry or Zeke? Right again my man!!!!! :lol: ;)

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Urban Meyer to coach again?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Hard to see him being a pro coach. His coaching style reminds me of Steve Spurrier and we saw how that worked out.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm Hard to see him being a pro coach. His coaching style reminds me of Steve Spurrier and we saw how that worked out.
I agree, but ego and money override the conventional wisdom.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

And it is official, Urban Meyer is the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguar:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 am Oh and I fondly remember how you adamantly argued with these blowhards about 5 or 6 years ago who would be the better running back in the NFL,,,,,, Derrick Henry or Zeke? Right again my man!!!!! :lol: ;)

Derrick Henry has a awesome offensive line to run behind and OSU blood coachin em 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Zekes situation isn’t nearly the same over in Dallas.
Last edited by countywide35 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm Hard to see him being a pro coach. His coaching style reminds me of Steve Spurrier and we saw how that worked out.

The game of football in the NFL has changed soooo much since Spurrier tried his stuff in the NFL. Especially the play of the QB.

I think Urban will have s little more success than Spurrier did because of the way the games changed so much. QBs are protected more. More zone reads. QBs like Brees, Brady , Rivers are just about a thing of the past. MaHommes , Mayfield , Prescott , QBs that can. Run snd pass seem to be the new wave.

What I’m hoping he can make the adjustment with is coaching a multi millionaire as appeased to a college student ! Which I think urban will handle just fine but will need to find his style to relate to the high dollar athlete

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That last paragragh is what i was referring to county. These pampered pro players have a much different outlook than the college players. I'm sure Urbs will do just fine with the x's and o's. But will he take it down a notch in intensity and coaching up players? At that level hard line coaching falls on deaf ears if thats all they do.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ohio State Center Josh Myers has announced that he will enter the 2021 NFL Draft. Myers announced that he is forgoing his remaining eligibility with the Buckeyes. Myers, who was a fourth year junior, and with the NCAA giving every player an additional year of eligibility due to the Covid-19 pandemic, could have returned to Ohio State for as many as two more seasons. Myers joins Shaun Wade, who also announced on Friday, as Ohio State underclassmen who have officially declared for the 2021 NFL Draft.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ohio State Linebacker Justin Hilliard has accepted an invitation to the 2021 Senior Bowl. Hilliard is currently one of five Buckeyes set to play in this years game, along with fellow linebackers Tuf Borland and Baron Browning, running back Trey Sermon and defensive end Jonathon Cooper.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:24 pm Ohio State Linebacker Justin Hilliard has accepted an invitation to the 2021 Senior Bowl. Hilliard is currently one of five Buckeyes set to play in this years game, along with fellow linebackers Tuf Borland and Baron Browning, running back Trey Sermon and defensive end Jonathon Cooper.

They still playing the game ??

Return to “College Sports”