2020 Pittsburgh Steelers

farmer
SEOP

Re: 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers

Post by farmer »

Sure will be hard for Ben to walk away after a game like that. Then again his body may tell him he needs to leave. Especially after a month when his body is not recovering. No matter what he will not return to being the Ben from before.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Its going to be along road contracts players may go elsewhere ? If he would walk it might free up alot of money ?running back help on the line?and don't forget free agents from somewhere else.hell. I just think last night was a beat down.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I’m glad for a change that’s it not the Browns having these problems.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

First off let me say that I'm much more of a Browns fan than I am a Steelers fan. I will say that over the years of watching the Steelers play, that I can never remember a Steelers team looking more inept as far as mistakes, interceptions and just overall confused in the first half. I give credit to the Browns, they took advantage of every opportunity, and there were plenty.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Behind closed doors Big Ben is the problem father time has caught him and the Steelers has got deal with it plus 41 million ??? Wow.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 pm Behind closed doors Big Ben is the problem father time has caught him and the Steelers has got deal with it plus 41 million ??? Wow.
I agree with what you are saying, on the other hand the Steelers organization have always been very loyal with their players, probably more so than any of the other NFL teams. It is a very sticky situation to say the least. Big Ben should probably maybe call it quits, especially with his physical condition which is probably not going to get any better. It's an awful lot of money to just walk away from though.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Again.....I can’t tell ya how glad this conversation isn’t on the Browns thread......after the Browns pulled the miracle off Sunday night they showed a list of QBs that had started for the Browns since they last won a playoff game....and it took the entire screen with TWO lists side by side......😳😳😳

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 pm Behind closed doors Big Ben is the problem father time has caught him and the Steelers has got deal with it plus 41 million ??? Wow.

Spoke like a true Steelers fan Geronimo.......

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

My humble opinion Big Ben should walk away on his own....but a true warrior such as himself and the performance he laid on the line Sunday night I can’t imagine him willingly to walk away and that be the way he was remembered of his last game on Heinz Field....an absolute a$$ whoopin from the Browns....just don’t seem him willing to take that.....your thoughts on that?????

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

NFL money has ruin the game said it all along !!! If he gets line help running back help so he don't throw 50 a game.he may go another season or so..just like votto for the Reds don't no when to get out???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Its a business is it love for the game like it use to be or just for the money???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Facts if its all about the money so be it that makes it all about the wins.there not taking this light two have been let go one from the line and a defense back.plus coaching change but not the head coach.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:24 am
I agree with what you are saying, on the other hand the Steelers organization have always been very loyal with their players, probably more so than any of the other NFL teams. It is a very sticky situation to say the least. Big Ben should probably maybe call it quits, especially with his physical condition which is probably not going to get any better. It's an awful lot of money to just walk away from though.
How much money does a man need?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

19 players becomes free agents from the Steelers .

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Dupree Conner juju looks like may be gone ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Pittsburgh Steelers sign former OSU QB Dwayne Haskins. A second chance, but sometimes you cannot fix stupid.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Being a former Buckeye, I'm glad that he is getting a second chance. I'm not really sure that he will ever be a top-flight starting QB in the NFL. He probably could not have picked a better situation as it is, with Big Ben nearing the end of his career. The Steelers are a first class organization, and will probably give him ample time to prove that he belongs in the NFL. He will most certainly not be the first athlete to have been give a second chance, it's now up to him to prove that he deserves that chance. A lot of athletes make mistakes, both on the field and off as well. Big Ben even made a couple himself, but a lot of people seem to have forgotten about those. Being that I'm not a coach or a General Manager, I just may not be qualified to say whether it was a good move or a stupid move. I may be wrong, but I would just about bet that most Steeler fans are hoping it was a good move on their part.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Best of luck to Dwayne from a Browns fan.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

More worried about a big time running back.?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like Big Ben will return to the Steelers next season.

Return to “Pro Sports”