D3 Sweet 16- Wheelersburg (20-1) vs Worthington Christian (24-1)

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Re: D3 Sweet 16- Wheelersburg (20-1) vs Worthington Christian (24-1)

Post by Yh8awinner »

Great game pirates. Gave it all you had. Way to represent southern ohio against these private schools who are made up of all recruited kids. After watching the d4 game last night I didn't realize there was that big of a talent gap between d3 and d4.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tough loss. In control until the end, burg got a little skiddish.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great effort by Burg tonight. Those kids played their tails off. WC pressure just got to them last 3 minutes. Miller and McCorkle played phenomenal. Miller played Moore straight-up (or maybe even outplayed him) and not too many people saw that coming. Hate it that Burg lost, but nothing to be ashamed of.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great season Burg!! Had them on the ropes and couldn’t get the shots to go.

Can someone explain to me how you get the 4th foul on their best player and then you don’t post up Sanderlin down low for potential easy buckets. He had to let Kenny score or take the chance of fouling out.

Still hate the bullshit of let them play like they did in the 4th qtr. Lot of bumping, pushing and slapping on those traps in the 4th. Not one foul called outside the lane. The ONE foul in the 4th was in the paint.

Also, someone needs to tell there student section we are not from West Virginia. SMDH!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yabba: I saw one possession where they posted Sanderlin on Moore and he scored. But after that, Burg couldn’t get into an offense as WC pressure was just too much.

Speaking of Moore, he could’ve easily been t’d up when he stuck ball in official’s chest after a traveling call right before WC run began in 4th quarter. Would’ve been his 5th and done for game.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:37 pm Yabba: I saw one possession where they posted Sanderlin on Moore and he scored. But after that, Burg couldn’t get into an offense as WC pressure was just too much.

Speaking of Moore, he could’ve easily been t’d up when he stuck ball in official’s chest after a traveling call right before WC run began in 4th quarter. Would’ve been his 5th and done for game.*
I know what you were talking about but I kind of like how the official swallowed it there. He did stick it into the official and ran away. If he would of stared him down. Ok but I thought good no call.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Really thought that you had things going your way, a 9 point (47-38) lead with 4:04 to go in the 4th Qtr. Momentum is a funny thing sometimes, one minute you've got it, the next minute you're trying to regain it. I still think you were the better team, and proved it for a large portion of the game. Congrats on a truly outstanding season.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Yessir! wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:03 am Final Score WC wins 65- 45. Wheelersburg doesn't have enough horses ! You can take that to the bank.
Your check bounced! ;)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:37 pm Yabba: I saw one possession where they posted Sanderlin on Moore and he scored. But after that, Burg couldn’t get into an offense as WC pressure was just too much.

I know what you were talking about but I kind of like how the official swallowed it there. He did stick it into the official and ran away. If he would of stared him down. Ok but I thought good no call.
Yeah, the official probably did the right thing by taking the high road there for an amped-up kid late in a big game. I know some officials around here though that probably wouldn’t been so understanding.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:53 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Yeah, the official probably did the right thing by taking the high road there for an amped-up kid late in a big game. I know some officials around here though that probably wouldn’t been so understanding.*
Agree

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

As evident of how there student section was dressed I would guess they thought they were going to take these country boys down South out to pasture. It just about bit them in the butt.

I remember a Bishop Hartley team thought the same thing in 95. Burg took them out behind the wood shed.

Burg will rebound from this and these Columbus all-stars now know Burg can go toe to toe with them.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 pm As evident of how there student section was dressed I would guess they thought they were going to take these country boys down South out to pasture. It just about bit them in the butt.
Today’s suburban youth up here see anything beyond 15 minutes off I-270 in Columbus as “oh it must be country.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congratulations Burg on a great season. So close,but; that's the Regional in a nutshell. Great memories were made. Way to represent!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:16 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 pm As evident of how there student section was dressed I would guess they thought they were going to take these country boys down South out to pasture. It just about bit them in the butt.
Today’s suburban youth up here see anything beyond 15 minutes off I-270 in Columbus as “oh it must be country.
They refer to Grove City as GroveTucky

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:16 pm
They refer to Grove City as GroveTucky

That's funny and they probably know nothing about Kentucky or West Virginia. Lol

Surprised they even allowed students but it did make for a great atmosphere. Gym was nice and very loud. I told my wife Burg was going to lose on a last second three and as soon as he released it you could tell it was going in. Burg just left a lot of chances out there. Free throw shooting in the second half killed them and the lack of free throw shooting in the first half (2 fouls called on WC) and there free throw shooting in the first half kept them in the game. Anyone have any stats on this game yet???

Burg is losing by far the best Senior class they've ever had. Three Regionals in four years by Truitt and I think McCorkle and Miller played some minutes as well as Freshmen. Adkins, Lawson, Jolly gave good minutes the last two years as well. Not too shabby I must say.

NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:01 pm Great game pirates. Gave it all you had. Way to represent southern ohio against these private schools who are made up of all recruited kids. After watching the d4 game last night I didn't realize there was that big of a talent gap between d3 and d4.
Know what you’re talking about to convince yourself of that being true. 90% of those kids grew up in Worthington Christian schools even the main star. Only 1 player in the lineup came there in 10th grade, #3 who had 3 points.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NM5050 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:12 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:01 pm Great game pirates. Gave it all you had. Way to represent southern ohio against these private schools who are made up of all recruited kids. After watching the d4 game last night I didn't realize there was that big of a talent gap between d3 and d4.
Know what you’re talking about to convince yourself of that being true. 90% of those kids grew up in Worthington Christian schools even the main star. Only 1 player in the lineup came there in 10th grade, #3 who had 3 points.

Then why is there competitive balance a 43!!!! That seems high for just having one player move in in the 10th grade.

NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

FIDO wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Yessir! wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:03 am Final Score WC wins 65- 45. Wheelersburg doesn't have enough horses ! You can take that to the bank.
Your check bounced! ;)
The win got cashed

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

They have to have a high CB number or they would still be DIV, would they not????

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 pm They have to have a high CB number or they would still be DIV, would they not????
They were D3 this year regardless. But, the CB # doesn’t mean that much for this year, as it is based on last year’s varsity roster. It’s likely that they will still have a # above 30 next year, but it could also drop a good bit.

Return to “Boys Basketball”