Will stadiums be at 100% capacity come August?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Will stadiums be at 100% capacity come August?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

What say you the fan?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: Will stadiums be at 100% capacity come August?

Post by artisgilmore »

Probably not in the big cities,maybe small town and rural schools.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I surely hope so... But I'm afraid they won't be honestly. They may be close like 60-75% but I'm still not sure if in a little over three months we will be back to normal. I felt once the vaccine came out we would have had more restrictions lifted at this point, which some have loosened here and there but I don't feel like we have made as much progress as I expected. But at some point this summer when the vaccine has become available to everyone and we reach our threshold of those who choose to get it, you have to let things go back to normal. If they do raise the capacity limit to that 60-75% range I think that some schools and certain games in the area won't have a problem allowing whoever wants in to allow it, simply due to the fact that even in a normal year they may not reach that attendance capacity anyways. But you take schools with large followings and teams that will play in big games, such as Burg, Ironton, Waverly, etc, there may be times when tickets will be hard to come by if not full go.

But since football will be outside, I could see there being no capacity specific limit, but rather still having to maintain "social distance" from others in the crowd, so in turn would still make it restrictive. Could just very depending on stadium size.

The OHSAA I imagine would have to push extremely hard for a 100% capacity fall, I'm not sure they can handle another year like this past one.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I sure hope so, but Gov. Dewine is a follower and unless several other midwest states are wide open he likely would not be willing to be a trailblazer.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

NO.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

My honest opinion is that there is no reason not to be at 100% this fall but we will have to wait and see.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

With Dewine I'd say no

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

According to the April 30 Ohsaa school memo, there no longer is a spectator capacity limit for outdoor venues.

This has been used for most spring sports.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net ... Update.pdf

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

June 1 dewine loses alot of his power to keep the state under restriction. Can only be for 30 days at a time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:44 am What say you the fan?
Considering that their isn't a limit now, I'd say it is safe to assume full capacity in the fall.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

AHS_Stephens wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:42 pm According to the April 30 Ohsaa school memo, there no longer is a spectator capacity limit for outdoor venues.

This has been used for most spring sports.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net ... Update.pdf
While that is true, if you look at the order it says:
  • Spectators are permitted to sit in pods of 10 (rather than six), and they do not have to be from the same household. However,
    that pod must still maintain six-feet social distancing from other pods or individuals. All other individuals must continue to main-
    tain six-feet social distancing
So while there is no limit, it still might be limited due to the social distancing demand. If this order is still the same come Fall. Which I doubt it will be, I'm sure they will come out with different recommendations by then.

And a lot of track meets still are limiting tickets at their events. I know I've seen many that say only two per athlete. So no capactiy limit in place, but still dictating crowd size.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

With it being out door I see full capacity but I could also see masks being worn also.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Master,that stuff is insane.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I doubt we will have many restrictions by the fall but crowds might be smaller than before just because some might not want to risk it

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Well with the announcement from Dewine yesterday that all health orders by the ODH will be lifted statewide on June 2nd, which includes capacity limitations on indoor/outdoor events, it is looking very good for the stadiums to be full come fall. Schools, businesses and the OHSAA for that matter have the right to do as they please, so masks and distancing could still be required in certain situations if that place chooses to do so. I don't foresee that happening, especially by the OHSAA because they need the money and they were just following the rules that were placed on them by the ODH and Dewine. Hope once we reach this milestone on June 2nd, we don't have to go back. But who knows, so much could change by August.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

They’ll be fully open, I just wonder if the amount of streaming will be limited again because of it.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:07 pmNO.
9.5 misses on yet another topic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Some of the most biggest fans still won't attend. Some still won't trust being out around big groups of people. Gate might be open 100%, but I don't look for any game being a packed house. Going to take some time for people to trust being out. Things can change from now to then also. CDC/Gov can change things up in a blink of an eye if cases take a turn. I'm hoping it still continues to get better, but we still aren't out of the woods completely just yet.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:33 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:07 pmNO.
9.5 misses on yet another topic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And yet......frenchcity78 is still blind as a bat.........My answer and opinion still stands NO.........Not going to explain why.......no need to.......You will see why by the end of August.........Plenty of posters above have already mentioned fan base probably won't be out to games 100%........ probably won't chance it.......

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Ed Miller Stadium will be packed every game if allowed.

Return to “Football”