Varsity

Re: Offseason Rumblings

Post by artisgilmore »

Don’t you love it! ;)

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I don’t know what SMDFH is,but I doubt it’s a compliment. :)

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

How did portsmouth out-recruit pendleton?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

It’s basketball.

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Post by NellyWooden »

I think this situation provides a refreshing start for this young man. He, especially will be coached by a man who totally understands the game. Having said that, Mr. Collins will place this young man in the right position to utilize his obvious talent and skills. This is a move that helps the player and team in such a positive fashion. He will be on the floor 90% of the game, i saw him as a player that needs more consistant minutes for him to flow and be succesfull. Nice addition to any team, he will greatly benefit from the coaching staff at Portsmouth.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

NellyWooden wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 pm I think this situation provides a refreshing start for this young man. He, especially will be coached by a man who totally understands the game. Having said that, Mr. Collins will place this young man in the right position to utilize his obvious talent and skills. This is a move that helps the player and team in such a positive fashion. He will be on the floor 90% of the game, i saw him as a player that needs more consistant minutes for him to flow and be succesfull. Nice addition to any team, he will greatly benefit from the coaching staff at Portsmouth.
Minutes yes but playing center as a 6 foot player isn’t helping you

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Good decision. Kids and parents are figuring things out

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:20 pm
NellyWooden wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 pm I think this situation provides a refreshing start for this young man. He, especially will be coached by a man who totally understands the game. Having said that, Mr. Collins will place this young man in the right position to utilize his obvious talent and skills. This is a move that helps the player and team in such a positive fashion. He will be on the floor 90% of the game, i saw him as a player that needs more consistant minutes for him to flow and be succesfull. Nice addition to any team, he will greatly benefit from the coaching staff at Portsmouth.
Minutes yes but playing center as a 6 foot player isn’t helping you

I could be wrong but the Bryant kid is 6,3 or 6, 4 , Im . Thinking he may play center ?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have to agree with Nelly. I think this was the right decision for Sanderlin. Portsmouth’s coach is pretty good at isolation basketball. He will put him in positions to excel individually.

Wheelersburg teams have been good over the years but recent transfers have not excelled on a personal note (kid from SW and kid from Portsmouth).

Sanderlin tested the waters at Wheelersburg and it did not work out. Now he is back to his home high school. Good luck to everybody involved!

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Since when is isolation basketball good at the high school level?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I believe Coach Collin’s record speaks for itself. No use debating that. The kid will have a great career at Portsmouth.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:44 am I have to agree with Nelly. I think this was the right decision for Sanderlin. Portsmouth’s coach is pretty good at isolation basketball. He will put him in positions to excel individually.

Wheelersburg teams have been good over the years but recent transfers have not excelled on a personal note (kid from SW and kid from Portsmouth).

Sanderlin tested the waters at Wheelersburg and it did not work out. Now he is back to his home high school. Good luck to everybody involved!
Typically transfers at burg don’t do well. They have a hard time with team concept. Burg positions aren’t guaranteed, they’re earned.

Sanderlin is a terrific kid. Wish him the best but burg will be fine.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Team Concept? Hmmm …. OK!

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:04 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:44 am I have to agree with Nelly. I think this was the right decision for Sanderlin. Portsmouth’s coach is pretty good at isolation basketball. He will put him in positions to excel individually.

Typically transfers at burg don’t do well. They have a hard time with team concept. Burg positions aren’t guaranteed, they’re earned.

Why do they keep coming?

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Post by NellyWooden »

I agree absolutely Wheelersburg will be fine. The point is Portsmouth we'll be a better team because of this transfer. I'm glad to see all student-athletes succeed my thing is that I believe that he would be better served at Portsmouth. People are always searching, hopefully this is a good decision as a student-athlete. Size isn't always a factor. A 6' crafty player can give you a lot of grief playing a 4 or 5 the result being foul problems for the opposition. Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:12 pm Team Concept? Hmmm …. OK!
Sometimes the other players on the team reveal what’s really going on. Just have to listen.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:26 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:04 pm

Why do they keep coming?
Like who?

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:18 pm I believe Coach Collin’s record speaks for itself. No use debating that. The kid will have a great career at Portsmouth.
I don't think anyone was criticizing Coach Collins, I was just confused about the post relating to ISO Ball. Coach Collin's Portsmouth teams from what I seen are not iso ball, they get out in transition, and run team offense toward their strengths based on the year.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

This is a huge loss for Wheelersburg. He and Swords were the only returning players with experience

If they don’t bring anyone in they are looking at a middle to bottom of the league finish. When is the last time that happened?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg on upset alert 🚨

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”