Post by mattash »

Can't wait..

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by greygoose »

Moeller looks like they had their game canceled and was able to pickup Chaminade Julienne and walked away with another win to start out 2-0, 42-28.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I don’t think they can but I also believe that it doesn’t matter.

The fact that Moeller would even think about coming to Southeast Ohio and play is amazing enough.

If someone told me 10 years ago “Moeller might go to Tank Stadium this year”. I would have responded “why? And who are they playing?”

Tip of the cap to Ironton for being confident enough and worthy enough to get Cincinnati Moeller to come to your house and play a football game. A program that saw a head coach leave them for Notre Dame once upon a time.

The entire Southeast District should be proud of this.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Whiplash
Waterboy

Re: Can Ironton beat Moeller?

Post by Whiplash »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:16 pm After watching the Jackson-Ironton game, Ironton should not have scheduled Moeller and has no business playing them.
That’s the most Southern Ohio sports philosophy I’ve ever heard. Don’t schedule really good teams cause you might get beat. SMH

Ironton has “f-ing balls.” That’s why they scheduled Moeller.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am I don’t think they can but I also believe that it doesn’t matter.

The fact that Moeller would even think about coming to Southeast Ohio and play is amazing enough.

If someone told me 10 years ago “Moeller might go to Tank Stadium this year”. I would have responded “why? And who are they playing?”

Tip of the cap to Ironton for being confident enough and worthy enough to get Cincinnati Moeller to come to your house and play a football game. A program that saw a head coach leave them for Notre Dame once upon a time.

Yup. It's a showcase game. It's as much about exposure as it is about a W/L.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I hope ironton goes to moeller next year. I’m not a fan of either but I’ll drive there to check out moellers field
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:32 pm I hope ironton goes to moeller best year. I’m not a fan of either but I’ll drive there to check out moellers field
Moeller doesn’t have a “home” stadium. They have been trying to build one on their campus but local zoning laws have prevented that.

They play their home games this year at Norwood Shea stadium and Nippert Stadium (UC campus).

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Last night D6 Coldwater beat D1 Cincinnati Oak Hills.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am I don’t think they can but I also believe that it doesn’t matter.

Exactly how I see it. The fact that a program like Moeller agreed to this game is awesome. A lot of history between these two programs from a stand-alone in their own rights and at a historic venue will be a packed house for sure

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck Ironton….tall task for sure

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Just the difference in size and speed alone will be worth going to the Tank to see this game.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:32 pm I hope ironton goes to moeller next year. I’m not a fan of either but I’ll drive there to check out moellers field
You would BE amazingly disappointed in their field!

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:42 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:41 am
Bdog_198807 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 am
Wow before everyone laughs me off here. I know there are several big football states. Do you realize how many high school football teams there are just in Ohio? I would venture to guess there are more bad teams than good that's the only reason I said 75% and I'm sure it's that way everywhere. Go to calpreps and put Ironton in and project them against a random team from a random state. Do that until Ironton gets beat. It may take a while. You all are talking about maybe 10 states with powerhouse football. What about the other 40?
American Heritage
IMG.
Duncanville ( tx)
Miami Central
St John Boscoe
Mater Dei ( who last season had around 20 D1 recruits. ( 4 & 5 stars)
List is endless. You people really need to get out more. Sheesh 😂
Moellar cant play w these teams either. 🤡😂
Who's "Moellar"? :mrgreen:

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:31 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:42 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:41 am

American Heritage
IMG.
Duncanville ( tx)
Miami Central
St John Boscoe
Mater Dei ( who last season had around 20 D1 recruits. ( 4 & 5 stars)
List is endless. You people really need to get out more. Sheesh 😂
Moellar cant play w these teams either. 🤡😂
Who's "Moellar"? :mrgreen:
chillidawg614 I realize you posted the above with your speedkillz user name but can you answer the question, who's "Moellar"? :mrgreen:

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:20 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:32 pm I hope ironton goes to moeller best year. I’m not a fan of either but I’ll drive there to check out moellers field
Moeller doesn’t have a “home” stadium. They have been trying to build one on their campus but local zoning laws have prevented that.

They play their home games this year at Norwood Shea stadium and Nippert Stadium (UC campus).
they play home games at lockland field

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

eagle one wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:39 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:20 pm

they play home games at lockland field
They did but changed home games this year to Norwood Shea stadium. Not sure why.

https://letsgobigmoe.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Looking at moellers roster. They have 74 freshman lol. A few shaman team of 74 kids. Varsity 78 and jv has 28.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Don’t think Moeller can blow them out.Moeller in the present is nothing like the past.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

There are some high school games in Texas that average around 18k in attendance.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:43 pm Don’t think Moeller can blow them out.Moeller in the present is nothing like the past.
Moeller can absolutely blow them out. Their offense is very explosive, capable of running or passing for 300+ yards against Ironton.

This isn’t the Moeller of the 1970’s, but Moeller has still won two state titles in the past 10 years.

Return to “Football”