2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:41 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:01 pm
frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:38 am

You and the allamerican were blowing about being elite at every offensive position. I didn't blast you too hard over it. I never said the Tigers had elite players, now did I? Sounds to me like you got lucky, enjoy it and get over your big feeling selves.
Defense positions and they are. Grant Maston is better than that fourth stringer at osu. They suck about to get beat by Tulsa. Traylon Davis is already on the field at wvu who would stomp Ohio state.
I’m gonna have to disagree with you man. Any big time Jackson football player to go play d1 college football haven’t been great athletes they were great football players. There’s a difference. Reagan Williams wasn’t the most outstanding athlete, he was a big, strong, aggressive, football player. Same with Treylan Davis. He wasn’t crazy fast or explosive or jumping over people he was strong and aggressive and bulldozed people. Grant Martin isn’t a freak athlete he’s a great football player. Mean, aggressive, good football instincts.

I’ll take 11 true Ironmen FOOTBALL PLAYERS over 11 athletes all day long.
Spot on . Well done sir

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 pm
Defense positions and they are. Grant Maston is better than that fourth stringer at osu. They suck about to get beat by Tulsa. Traylon Davis is already on the field at wvu who would stomp Ohio state.
I’m gonna have to disagree with you man. Any big time Jackson football player to go play d1 college football haven’t been great athletes they were great football players. There’s a difference. Reagan Williams wasn’t the most outstanding athlete, he was a big, strong, aggressive, football player. Same with Treylan Davis. He wasn’t crazy fast or explosive or jumping over people he was strong and aggressive and bulldozed people. Grant Martin isn’t a freak athlete he’s a great football player. Mean, aggressive, good football instincts.

Spot on . Well done sir
This isn’t track. You’re putting on a helmet and pads and blasting people as hard as you can. Being athletic gives you an advantage no doubt but toughness and heart wins you football games in SEO at the end of the day. Around here you’re not gonna be playing a team full of Braxton Miller’s. We might have some good athletes compared to the rest of SEO but outside of our little area, most of them are probably average. I believe there’s a sign in Jackson’s locker room they’ve had forever and it says “we win because we’re tougher” or something like that. Not “we win because we are faster and jump higher”. It’s just frustrating to hear sometimes. Like I said give me 11 hard nosed dogs and you take your athletes. I bet after a quarter of getting beat on they might be a step or two slower and it’ll even out

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Spot on . Well done sir
This isn’t track. You’re putting on a helmet and pads and blasting people as hard as you can. Being athletic gives you an advantage no doubt but toughness and heart wins you football games in SEO at the end of the day. Around here you’re not gonna be playing a team full of Braxton Miller’s. We might have some good athletes compared to the rest of SEO but outside of our little area, most of them are probably average. I believe there’s a sign in Jackson’s locker room they’ve had forever and it says “we win because we’re tougher” or something like that. Not “we win because we are faster and jump higher”. It’s just frustrating to hear sometimes. Like I said give me 11 hard nosed dogs and you take your athletes. I bet after a quarter of getting beat on they might be a step or two slower and it’ll even out
We aren’t winning the race or jump high competition very often either

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Spot on . Well done sir
Rarely ever

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Burg could beat Ironton on any given night? :lol: :lol:

Dude I hate to tell you but they already played. It was totally one sided and not even close. 40-6 to be exact. Burg is a decent team this year. Stop acting like they could play with Ironton. They can't.

Yep, I believe Burg can beat Ironton if they play again.

How about you worry about the Azz whoopin’ your Falcons are going to take Friday okay hater!!!
You're delusional. Typical band member that never played football.

You know, you really need to let it go that Cam Miller and Seth Cowgill left Minford to come to Burg and help lead Burg to back to back Final Fours!!

Yeah, I did play in the band troll but at least I didn’t play football for Minford!!!

MIC DROP!!!

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 am
frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:21 am

You don't seem to know what elite means.
Yeah I know what it means . This is a local high school football talk forum. Get over yourself. Ironton has no elite players either. Feel better .
You and the allamerican were blowing about being elite at every offensive position. I didn't blast you too hard over it. I never said the Tigers had elite players, now did I? Sounds to me like you got lucky, enjoy it and get over your big feeling selves.
We got lucky 😂 how ironic

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 am
TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 pm This will be a good measuring stick for Wheelersburg’s improvement. Last week not a fair judgement, taking a tough assignment on short notice. Went for a challenge instead of an easy win, which is what good programs do. Need to compete here or you can safely write them off as a team making noise in R19.
A good measuring stick it was. Watched the second half. Wheelersburg looked like a stout defense that struggled to put long drives together. Like another team I’ve seen this year. 40-6 feels like an exception, not the rule.

As for Jackson, bottom line is if they want to make noise in R11, they can’t be playing heartstoppers with teams in R19. A good D3 team should handle a good D5 team most of the time. Just underscores the difficulty they have of existing in a part of the state with no access to the type of competition they need to be successful in the postseason.
I agree with that. But what do you do? They play the best in SEO.
Maybe head up north for a game or two in the nonconference.
Why is Ironton ranked so high in D5, and Jackson ranked so low in D3, & why is Burg ranked well below Ironton, and why did Ironton beat em both, if these teams are equal? Jackson was healthy going into Ironton. Ironton had an athlete moving over to fill in for an injured qb1. Jackson hasnt played the soundest ball last couple weeks win or not. It might just be presumptuous to assume that game would be as close if played again. And Burg had similar injury issues going into Ironton, but the game wasn't close. Burg got swallowed up front on both sides of the ball. Lastly, burg slightly improved from week one but they've regressed also & are still very mistake prone. Even with Ironton, who have their own set of flaws, I think they beat em both again pretty decidedly.

PS. The Trojans are better than Burg this season. Ya got the wrong scioto co team. 😉

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

BigGame99 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:15 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 am

A good measuring stick it was. Watched the second half. Wheelersburg looked like a stout defense that struggled to put long drives together. Like another team I’ve seen this year. 40-6 feels like an exception, not the rule.

As for Jackson, bottom line is if they want to make noise in R11, they can’t be playing heartstoppers with teams in R19. A good D3 team should handle a good D5 team most of the time. Just underscores the difficulty they have of existing in a part of the state with no access to the type of competition they need to be successful in the postseason.
I agree with that. But what do you do? They play the best in SEO.
Maybe head up north for a game or two in the nonconference.
Why is Ironton ranked so high in D5, and Jackson ranked so low in D3, & why is Burg ranked well below Ironton, and why did Ironton beat em both, if these teams are equal? Jackson was healthy going into Ironton. Ironton had an athlete moving over to fill in for an injured qb1. Jackson hasnt played the soundest ball last couple weeks win or not. It might just be presumptuous to assume that game would be as close if played again. And Burg had similar injury issues going into Ironton, but the game wasn't close. Burg got swallowed up front on both sides of the ball. Lastly, burg slightly improved from week one but they've regressed also & are still very mistake prone. Even with Ironton, who have their own set of flaws, I think they beat em both again pretty decidedly.

PS. The Trojans are better than Burg this season. Ya got the wrong scioto co team. 😉
Ironton’s good but they ain’t no powerhouse

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Spot on . Well done sir
So Jackson vs IMG. Hey by the 3rd quarter IMG will be tired of getting beat up. Because apparently athletes twice their size who grew up in Texas, and Georgia and Florida and Cali aint tough cause they're faster and jump higher. 😂😂

Yup. Thats why all these IMG athletes are going D1. Its cause theyre not "tough" they are just bigger, stronger, faster, jump higher, and come from tougher backgrounds in many cases.
Lol it's ok to love and appreciate what happens locally but the empty platitudes are silly. How you sound. ⬆️ lol.. C'mon!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

BigGame99 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:21 am
So Jackson vs IMG. Hey by the 3rd quarter IMG will be tired of getting beat up. Because apparently athletes twice their size who grew up in Texas, and Georgia and Florida and Cali aint tough cause they're faster and jump higher. 😂😂

Yup. Thats why all these IMG athletes are going D1. Its cause theyre not "tough" they are just bigger, stronger, faster, jump higher, and come from tougher backgrounds in many cases.
Lol it's ok to love and appreciate what happens locally but the empty platitudes are silly. How you sound. ⬆️ lol.. C'mon!
If you go back and reread my post I said to beat teams around southeastern Ohio. Not sure where you got IMG from? Did you also not see where I said we aren’t playing those kinds of athletes in this area? I’m not gonna assume you’re not very smart but maybe you just missed that part of the post. The only team in southeast Ohio that could compete with teams like that would be the almighty Ironton Fighting Tigers.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Gotta have Grit! My nickname was odd lots cause I was the cheapest around!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Well now your crap costs more than Walmart and Dollar Tree

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:12 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:33 am It just proves that anyone of those four mentioned, Burg, Jackson, Ironton and Fairland could probably beat the other on any given night. Those four are playing the best football around here right now.

Dude I hate to tell you but they already played. It was totally one sided and not even close. 40-6 to be exact. Burg is a decent team this year. Stop acting like they could play with Ironton. They can't.
Do I have this right? Wheelersburg lost to everyone of these teams they've played, and lost by 34 to Ironton, and this means burg is playing the best football in the area, and they have a losing record? So by this logic it means I'm correct in saying Rock Hill is playing the best football in the area! I believe Redmen could beat pirates this year. I'd like to see this game. Their stats are virtually identical.
"ROCH HILL PRIDE", I can see you love your school deeply. However, do you realize you spelled your school's name wrong?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

How about you worry about the Azz whoopin’ your Falcons are going to take Friday okay hater!!!
Never understood the whole "typical band member that never played football" put down either. Those are some fine people who are/were in bands that probably know a great deal about football because they observe it with an open mind and with objectivity. How many football fans or players know anything about band or go to competitions to learn about it? To say that about band members exemplifies the "dumb jock" scenario about football players, coaches and fans. You made yourself look as such.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:16 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Well now your crap costs more than Walmart and Dollar Tree
Man 20 bucks a radio flyer wagon of pumpkins gotta pick your own but come on now!

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:41 pm

Never understood the whole "typical band member that never played football" put down either. Those are some fine people who are/were in bands that probably know a great deal about football because they observe it with an open mind and with objectivity. How many football fans or players know anything about band or go to competitions to learn about it? To say that about band members exemplifies the "dumb jock" scenario about football players, coaches and fans. You made yourself look as such.
The seo demo is full of very mediocre and insecure yt dudes who think band member is an insult. Ironically musicians at a young age tend to have very high iqs and go onto have better paying careers. ( they also do better academically)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:17 pm

You know, you really need to let it go that Cam Miller and Seth Cowgill left Minford to come to Burg and help lead Burg to back to back Final Fours!!

Yeah, I did play in the band troll but at least I didn’t play football for Minford!!!

MIC DROP!!!
Mic drop? Uhm ok. Whatever you think. And I could give 2 shitz about those guys.

allamericanironman
All Conference

BigGame99 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:48 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:41 pm

The seo demo is full of very mediocre and insecure yt dudes who think band member is an insult. Ironically musicians at a young age tend to have very high iqs and go onto have better paying careers. ( they also do better academically)
I love the bandies married one! The only people who put down band is burg for sure! I listen to long train about on the daily OU 110 does a great rendition. I tried to play guitar my meat hooks are not able you have my respect.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jackson has an awesome band, as does Johnstown and on and on. I appreciate any kid doing something extracurricular. It helps physically, mentally and emotionally at that age to belong to something like that. much props to the ironmen band. Great job as always. Go BURG

allamericanironman
All Conference

packers80 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:12 pm Jackson has an awesome band, as does Johnstown and on and on. I appreciate any kid doing something extracurricular. It helps physically, mentally and emotionally at that age to belong to something like that. much props to the ironmen band. Great job as always. Go BURG
You know I gotta beat that drum about burg band sorry p80.
Burg will do whatever it takes to win I’m envious Bill Belichick has nothing on Woodward!

Return to “Football”