2021 Minford 20 - 24 Wheelersburg

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week Six: Wheelersburg at Minford

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconFever02 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:31 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:30 am

I give Minford tons of credit. And I'm not bashing Burg, just pointing out Yabbas mouth running non stop. He has been bashing the "lowly" Minford Falcons all season. He just about got a good serving of cold crowd last night. The guy is a moron and has no clue about football.

Hell he bashes Burg more than anyone. After a loss he is all of a sudden questioning the play calling and what he would have done, blah blah blah. He's a terrible fan of the game.
And you aren't? You bitch and moan as much as anyone I see on here, especially about the Pirates. Sad thing is, this is one of the worst teams Burg has had in years and Minford still couldn't beat them on their home field. You even come on Burg threads for other games and bash them. Class act, aren't cha?

It's one of the reasons I rarely visit or post here anymore.

That said, here's to hoping the Falcons win out and give the Burg much needed computer points so they get a home playoff game.
Death, taxes and BG77 being a pompous ass.
Thank you. It’s nice to know you think I’m better than you.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I hope these two Burg posters doesn’t represent the attitude of Wheelersburg fan base, lol unreal

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Sounds like Minford lost this game themselves, and proved the Burg no better than maybe 3 rd in SOC this year. Piketon, Portsmouth, West, Waverly is betterand even Valley has a shot against Burg.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Bleeding Red and pappy great posts, I couldn’t agree more with your insight. congrats to the Minford Falcons on a loss that should have been a win if not for wearing out on last series. Good Luck rest of year, hold your heads high and keep on working. Playoffs could see a rematch here.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 am Bleeding Red and pappy great posts, I couldn’t agree more with your insight. congrats to the Minford Falcons on a loss that should have been a win if not for wearing out on last series. Good Luck rest of year, hold your heads high and keep on working. Playoffs could see a rematch here.
Talk about BS excuses. We got tired and couldn't beat little ole Wheelersburg. If you have that many players sucking wind and cramping in week 6 of the season then you have a coaching and conditioning problem. It was a cool night so cramping shouldn't have been that big an issue. How many Burg players did you see cramp up? Zero.

Minford lost because they never adjusted to the QB run on EVERY 3RD DOWN PLAY. Coach should have put a kid on him and told him to go with him every play, but yet they sucked in on the fake every time and he went pretty much untouched for 7 to 12 yards every time. Even my wife who was watching the game with me ask why they weren't spying on him.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:20 am Sounds like Minford lost this game themselves, and proved the Burg no better than maybe 3 rd in SOC this year. Piketon, Portsmouth, West, Waverly is betterand even Valley has a shot against Burg.
Get your licks in while you can. That's the thing about Wheelersburg. They have a bad season once every 10 years or so and everyone jumps on the Burg Sucks Bandwagon after losing to them several years in a row while other teams, ie: Portsmouth, West, Valley, etc have a great season once every 6 to 10 years and suddenly they are the cream of the crop. It's great that these other teams have solid seasons because it helps the entire area, but people will always hate the Burg because of all their success over the years.

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:39 am
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:11 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:58 pm

That’s why they play the games on the field. IMO Minford should have won this game. All they had to do was stop the Burg on that last Drive.
Minford's defense was gassed in the 4th-quarter and it all came down to who was in the better shape. #74 needs to run 10-extra 40s after each practice, b/c he cost his team by not being 100% and having to leave the field. One thing I've always respected about W'burg's teams is, they play hard until the final whistle and they're in excellent condition.
Wow was it just that that costed Minford the game? I didn’t watch him the game so I’m genuinely asking
[/quote]

I didn't mean to single a few out, but the whole D-line was sucking air at the start of the 4th. The one I mentioned went down 4 or 5-times, and it was like giving a timeout. Minford was trying to run out the clock, but then the cramps set in and Minford's players would go down, thus stopping the clock. W'burg scored with :20-left in the contest. Minford was never behind at the end of each quarter, until the final one and that's all that counts.

If Minford was in better shape and properly hydrated then no cramps, no clock stoppage and Minford would have run out the clock. It's almost October so there is no reason for cramps at this point in the season. W'burg was in better shape and if Minford wants to make a playoff run, then they need to address this issue b/c it cost them the game.

If Minford doesn't pack and fold tent on the season, I think they can win 3 of the next 4 and make a playoff appearance.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:20 am Sounds like Minford lost this game themselves, and proved the Burg no better than maybe 3 rd in SOC this year. Piketon, Portsmouth, West, Waverly is betterand even Valley has a shot against Burg.
Get your licks in while you can. That's the thing about Wheelersburg. They have a bad season once every 10 years or so and everyone jumps on the Burg Sucks Bandwagon after losing to them several years in a row while other teams, ie: Portsmouth, West, Valley, etc have a great season once every 6 to 10 years and suddenly they are the cream of the crop. It's great that these other teams have solid seasons because it helps the entire area, but people will always hate the Burg because of all their success over the years.

Jealousy is an ugly thing.
#FACTS

The Burg is very undisciplined this year though. Clean it up and good luck the rest of the year!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

pappy wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:45 am I don’t think burg is that good, they got took to the brink by a young minford team, hats off to minford,
Minford had 90%two way players which got them in the end
Burg is young as well. Play 6 to 7 sophomores. Burg is a good football team. They are still looking for an offensive identity. They have a two QB system. I’m not wondering if burg is good or not. I know they are a pretty good little squad that has the ability to beat the top tier of the region. Burgs first 5 games were brutal. This was a game where if they didn’t play to their potential they could’ve easily got beat. It almost happened. On to oak hill.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

NellyWooden wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:24 am Sports fans, remember don't call out certain players for things you may not know about. Sometimes things are not what they appear to be. Always and I mean always be complementary to the young athletes. Negative comments just not help at all always be very supportive. Thank you, two things, always be positive thinking of the young athletes! And the other thing, be safe in your travels.
And then they go to college having never faced scrutiny before and collapse. Kids in seo are sheltered enough. Nobody needs coddled on a message board.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:39 am
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:11 am

That’s why they play the games on the field. IMO Minford should have won this game. All they had to do was stop the Burg on that last Drive.
Minford's defense was gassed in the 4th-quarter and it all came down to who was in the better shape. #74 needs to run 10-extra 40s after each practice, b/c he cost his team by not being 100% and having to leave the field. One thing I've always respected about W'burg's teams is, they play hard until the final whistle and they're in excellent condition.
Wow was it just that that costed Minford the game? I didn’t watch him the game so I’m genuinely asking
I didn't mean to single a few out, but the whole D-line was sucking air at the start of the 4th. The one I mentioned went down 4 or 5-times, and it was like giving a timeout. Minford was trying to run out the clock, but then the cramps set in and Minford's players would go down, thus stopping the clock. W'burg scored with :20-left in the contest. Minford was never behind at the end of each quarter, until the final one and that's all that counts.

If Minford was in better shape and properly hydrated then no cramps, no clock stoppage and Minford would have run out the clock. It's almost October so there is no reason for cramps at this point in the season. W'burg was in better shape and if Minford wants to make a playoff run, then they need to address this issue b/c it cost them the game.

If Minford doesn't pack and fold tent on the season, I think they can win 3 of the next 4 and make a playoff appearance.
[/quote]
Yeah conditioning is a huge part of the game. Once you gas out it’s hard to overcome that mentally and physically.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: Week Five: Wheelersburg at Minford

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 am Burg wins the next 2 weeks until Waverly comes to take the SOC II crown at the Ed.
Burg will win out in the regular season. And the next four soc afterwards
Not this year.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Re: Week Five: Wheelersburg at Minford

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:20 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 am Burg wins the next 2 weeks until Waverly comes to take the SOC II crown at the Ed.
Burg will win out in the regular season. And the next four soc afterwards
Not this year.
This game was the battle of 3rd place for the SOCII. Neither one of these teams will make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
packers80
SE

Re: 2021 Minford 20 - 24 Wheelersburg

Post by packers80 »

61-6 all time

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
FIDO
S

Re: 2021 Minford 20 - 24 Wheelersburg

Post by FIDO »

Games like these is what Friday nights in the fall is all about. Hard fault and down to the wire. While we complain about conditioning and all the other noise, the fact the kids were "gassed" is proof they left it all on the field. They should be praised for their efforts and not belittled for lack of conditioning.

Perhaps now is the time to blame the loss on a kids transfer 30 yrs ago

Return to “Football”