Zanesville
Warren
St Henry

All winning tonight.

efarns
S

Re: Wk 7: Fort Frye 23 vs Lima Central Catholic 30 Final

Post by efarns »

Bulldog84 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:06 pm I just hope LCC actually keeps Fort on the schedule next year, everyone else In Ohio is afraid to play Fort.
Yep. Waterford, Warren, then 8 games with Lima Central.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Not having Owen and Keegan at lB hurt to.

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

A fully healthy Fort frye absolutely has the skill to beat any team in division 6 this year. I really hope they represent SEO well in the playoffs and take it all the way.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

CAT21 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:18 pm A fully healthy Fort frye absolutely has the skill to beat any team in division 6 this year. I really hope they represent SEO well in the playoffs and take it all the way.
I agree it shows when they beat St Henry and St Henry beats the number 1 team. Just got to get healthy and learn from this.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 pm
CAT21 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:18 pm A fully healthy Fort frye absolutely has the skill to beat any team in division 6 this year. I really hope they represent SEO well in the playoffs and take it all the way.
I agree it shows when they beat St Henry and St Henry beats the number 1 team. Just got to get healthy and learn from this.
There is a lot to be said for the experience of competing at your highest level for 48 minutes.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Thegame wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:58 pm Just so everyone knows the 39 game regular season win streak was broken today by, THE THUNDERBIRDS of Lima Ohio.It’s been 7 days and 45 minutes since Fort Frye has won a regular season game.
I'm not a Fort Frye fan, but you have to respect what this program has done the last few years. Losing to a team that gets to recruit the Lima area is nothing to be ashamed of.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:35 pm
Thegame wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:58 pm Just so everyone knows the 39 game regular season win streak was broken today by, THE THUNDERBIRDS of Lima Ohio.It’s been 7 days and 45 minutes since Fort Frye has won a regular season game.
I'm not a Fort Frye fan, but you have to respect what this program has done the last few years. Losing to a team that gets to recruit the Lima area is nothing to be ashamed of.

That was a good game lots to learn from it. Can’t wait until Cadets can be 100 % come playoff time.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Just remember LCC lost their starting QB in the first qtr tonight. broken Collar Bone. Gone for the season. I talk to his dad after the game. It was a good game but not really as close as the score seemed to be. I felt Ft Frye did a great job and got one heck a good running back. He was fast and tough to bring down. Lcc had some big boys with some guts on them. I think speed hurt Ft Frye more than anything tonight. I enjoyed the game and first time I have got to see LCC or Ft Frye this year. Ft Frye came with a nice crowd tonight, way more than LCC. Good luck to both teams and hope to see your team in the state final.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I imagine that Ft. Frye can pass well against teams in 'the Region', but out of their formations against a fast LCC defense they were getting nothing. LCC played pretty disciplined defense in general, had the team speed to play the edge and force everything back inside. One thing that helped the T-Birds big was the wise idea to two-platoon the o & d lines -- #55 and #77 inside did a good job eating up space at the noses for LCC, and IIRC #74 for them was DE only (no o-line.) Those guys did great for Lima Central.

Fort just pretty much 'met their match' offensively -- really fast, disciplined defense that has a general idea of what the Wing-T is. LCC did great job this week watching film. I get why slow-developing plays like 'scissors', rollouts and jailbreaks are called (can't say I would have done differently, TBH)
...it just is hard luck when they aren't hitting for first downs.

FF does 85% of the game really well. Open-field tackling, shedding blocks, making very wise heads-up plays in the secondary, playing supremely physical; holding blocks, hitting the gaps, falling forward. It's the other 15% that they weren't hitting on, at all, that messed them up. Special teams for them is not very good as a unit all-around, and it plays hand-in-hand with bad field position situations that were rolling onto them.

LCC's QB1 went out really early and didn't return to the game. Looks like he may have had a pectoral tear? It didn't look good, at all. Ft. Frye's defense played great -- LCC losing Unruh doesn't really undermine FF's performance defensively all that much in my eyes because LCC can do a lot of things really well with their guys on offense. It did hurt LCC and take a dimension out of their offense, but LCC could easily just pour points onto probably 75% of D6 and D7 defenses just with their skill guys alone... QB situation be damned.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

knightruner wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:43 pm Just remember LCC lost their starting QB in the first qtr tonight. broken Collar Bone. Gone for the season. I talk to his dad after the game. It was a good game but not really as close as the score seemed to be. I felt Ft Frye did a great job and got one heck a good running back. He was fast and tough to bring down. Lcc had some big boys with some guts on them. I think speed hurt Ft Frye more than anything tonight. I enjoyed the game and first time I have got to see LCC or Ft Frye this year. Ft Frye came with a nice crowd tonight, way more than LCC. Good luck to both teams and hope to see your team in the state final.
Hoyle's KOR TD basically killed FF's momentum for good.

Broken collar bone? Yikes.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

knightruner wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:43 pm Just remember LCC lost their starting QB in the first qtr tonight. broken Collar Bone. Gone for the season. I talk to his dad after the game. It was a good game but not really as close as the score seemed to be. I felt Ft Frye did a great job and got one heck a good running back. He was fast and tough to bring down. Lcc had some big boys with some guts on them. I think speed hurt Ft Frye more than anything tonight. I enjoyed the game and first time I have got to see LCC or Ft Frye this year. Ft Frye came with a nice crowd tonight, way more than LCC. Good luck to both teams and hope to see your team in the state final.
Yes. If you take away of of LCC's bad breaks, then keep all of Fort Frye's, the game would have been less close.

But, I could say "If x, y, and z happened, Fort wins by 2 scores.

It was as close as it was.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You lose one of your top Rbs and they key on Maeson Long and it’s hard to move the ball. Fort Frye used way more base wing T than they normally do. Didn’t use much WRs at all.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LCC didn’t even have a good drive in the second half. Fort Frye had all the momentum. If Owen stayed in the game they would of won. Wing T easy to stop when you know who is getting the ball. Ian did a good job running the ball. LCC made the plays when they needed to. They were great on special teams they pinned Fort inside the 1 twice.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

LCC jumps to the top of d7 region 26 with their victory over FF.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:55 pm I imagine that Ft. Frye can pass well against teams in 'the Region', but out of their formations against a fast LCC defense they were getting nothing. LCC played pretty disciplined defense in general, had the team speed to play the edge and force everything back inside. One thing that helped the T-Birds big was the wise idea to two-platoon the o & d lines -- #55 and #77 inside did a good job eating up space at the noses for LCC, and IIRC #74 for them was DE only (no o-line.) Those guys did great for Lima Central.

Fort just pretty much 'met their match' offensively -- really fast, disciplined defense that has a general idea of what the Wing-T is. LCC did great job this week watching film. I get why slow-developing plays like 'scissors', rollouts and jailbreaks are called (can't say I would have done differently, TBH)
...it just is hard luck when they aren't hitting for first downs.

FF does 85% of the game really well. Open-field tackling, shedding blocks, making very wise heads-up plays in the secondary, playing supremely physical; holding blocks, hitting the gaps, falling forward. It's the other 15% that they weren't hitting on, at all, that messed them up. Special teams for them is not very good as a unit all-around, and it plays hand-in-hand with bad field position situations that were rolling onto them.

LCC's QB1 went out really early and didn't return to the game. Looks like he may have had a pectoral tear? It didn't look good, at all. Ft. Frye's defense played great -- LCC losing Unruh doesn't really undermine FF's performance defensively all that much in my eyes because LCC can do a lot of things really well with their guys on offense. It did hurt LCC and take a dimension out of their offense, but LCC could easily just pour points onto probably 75% of D6 and D7 defenses just with their skill guys alone... QB situation be damned.
I think this is a great analysis of the game. As EasternDspy has said in this thread when you don’t have multiple options to hand the ball off too the Wing T isn’t as effective. The Wing T is effective because of miss direction and keeping the defense on its toes, but when the defense knows where the ball is going it just becomes my guys vs your guys who’s gonna win out. And Fort couldn’t win that matchup enough to sustain drives.

As for the special teams that phase of the game is so important, and fort lost that phase tonight. A lot to learn from there. If you go back to St Henry game Fort won the special teams battle and won the game. Just can’t have those mistakes on special teams and expect to win close games.

Overall it was a great battle between two good teams. I think this the type Of game that helps you grow and get better for the playoffs.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Special teams did not play well last night. They always seem to be the difference in big games.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

efarns wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 am Special teams did not play well last night. They always seem to be the difference in big games.
Hope fort has time to get special teams together before playoffs, I’m sure there are athletes coming up but you never know when the window of opportunity is going to close , they been close last 2 years but it does seem like a special teams blunder has sent them home . I think all but the hard core haters in Washington county are cheering for you

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LCC has so many weapons. I was very happy with the Cadets defense holding TBirds to around 220 total yards about 120 passing. Especially without 2 LBs.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:25 am You lose one of your top Rbs and they key on Maeson Long and it’s hard to move the ball. Fort Frye used way more base wing T than they normally do. Didn’t use much WRs at all.
Offense was way too vanilla for us. Couldn't understand all the closed formations and no we. Particularly with Owen not playing. Not one formation with a wr until 3rd quarter, very strange. Line didn't play great and the 2 special team plays were a killer. LCC deserved to win that game, but seeing speed teams like them and Zanesville will only help come playoffs. Owen, zaiden need to sit for a couple weeks to get healthy.

Return to “Football”