Orgeron and LSU Agree To Part Ways At Seasons End

Omega
SEOPS H

Orgeron and LSU Agree To Part Ways At Seasons End

Post by Omega »

LSU and coach Ed Orgeron have agreed to part ways after this season, according to multiple media reports Sunday, 21 months after he led the Tigers to a national championship with what is considered one of the greatest teams in college football history.

Sports Illustrated was first to report that Orgeron would not return to LSU in 2022 but is expected to coach out the rest of the season for the Tigers.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/L ... 539574.php

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Orgeron and LSU Agree To Part Ways At Seasons End

Post by cbolt »

Poor ol Ed. I will sure miss that gravelly Cajun voice!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Me too. He's a good man.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Orgeron is a 20th century man trying to coach 21st century college football. A living caricature of Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler, mixed in with Steve Spurrier and Cajun cook Justin Wilson. It is a shame he is leaving under a bit of a dark cloud, but I don't think anyone could clean up the long history of misdeeds surrounding LSU football. He should be remembered for his national championship and unique persona. He is 60 years old and likely does not need to work again, but it would be a shame not to see him on a sideline and to not hear his post game grunts.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I really Really Think LSU will pursue Luke Fickell as the next coach of the Tigers... Fickell has done an amazing job at Cincinnati... So my guess is that LSU will heavily pursue him as the next Head coach..

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:59 am I really Really Think LSU will pursue Luke Fickell as the next coach of the Tigers... Fickell has done an amazing job at Cincinnati... So my guess is that LSU will heavily pursue him as the next Head coach..
Fick's name will be thrown in the hat for any P5 coaching opening. I just do not think he wants to leave the Midwest, maybe hoping for a second chance at the Ohio State job if and when Ryan Day moves on.

I have read that Mel Tucker current coach at Sparty and PSU's James Franklin will be approached along with Bill O'Brien who is currently with Bama.

LSU has some image baggage and potential legal problems from sex abuse cover up in the athletic department, but in the fertile recruiting ground of the SEC footprint, they could be turned into championship contenders in short order.

Return to “College Sports”