Week 10 Piketon (8-0) @ Huntington (2-6)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Week 10 Piketon (8-0) @ Huntington (2-6)

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon looking to complete it’s schedule undefeated and the first SVC championship gold ball since 96-97. Lets Go Streaks!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Week 10 Piketon (8-0) @ Huntington (2-6)

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Piketon by 35 but will be interesting where they end up in region 19 Saturday morning.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon with little trouble beating the Huntsmen to finish undefeated. I’d say the strength of schedule will not be kind to the Redstreaks and they most likely slip to around 3 or 4 in the region - still very good.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Piketon 49 13

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Piketon at the moment is unstoppable.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm pretty sure that the Redstreaks can clear out a spot in that trophy case for that Gold Ball.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 pm Piketon with little trouble beating the Huntsmen to finish undefeated. I’d say the strength of schedule will not be kind to the Redstreaks and they most likely slip to around 3 or 4 in the region - still very good.
I think they end up the 3 in a very tough region.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Piketon’s QB is probably the best one within Region 19 (besides Tingle from Ridgewood).

Come playoff time, there’s no doubt that they can score, averaging 46 points per game. If their defense can get stops, they can make some noise. Right now they’re giving up an average of 19.5 PPG. Some of that might also have to do with style of play as well.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Looking at some assumptions:
Piketon, Ironton, Ridgewood, Prep, Burg, Columbus Academy, Amanda, ZT, Minford, Liberty Union, Coshocton, West Muskingum, Northwest, and Bishop Ready all win:

Portsmouth, West, Wellston lose

1 Ridgewood v 16 Bishop Ready
8 Zane Trace v 9 Portsmouth

2 Ironton v 15 Coshocton
7 Amanda v 10 Minford

3 Prep v 14 Northwest
6 Academy v 11 Ports West

4 Piketon v 13 West Muskingum
5 Burg v 12 Liberty Union

Obviously a lot can happen Friday.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:47 am Piketon’s QB is probably the best one within Region 19 (besides Tingle from Ridgewood).

Come playoff time, there’s no doubt that they can score, averaging 46 points per game. If their defense can get stops, they can make some noise. Right now they’re giving up an average of 19.5 PPG. Some of that might also have to do with style of play as well.
I still put Drew”MURDER”Roe ahead as far as production. Guillon is a little better thrower but Murder Roe can kill you with his legs and there is a big difference there.

Moving further into the playoffs it will be more beneficial to have Murder Roe back there and can evade the pass rush rather than Guillon throwing at a 45 degree angle.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

So far through 8 games Gullion has 85 carries for 825 yards and 18 scores. I would say he does fairly well with his legs also.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Overheard a very confident Piketon fan talking at the West JV game last night. Heard him mention the possibility of meeting up with West and or Burg in the playoffs and insisted they would "run all over either one". Not saying they are not capable, curious if maybe a little over confidence has set in up there. Their QB is a stud without a doubt. I just wonder if the lack of a strong schedule will bite them early on. Just my opinion. And I'm sure he did not speak for all fans either.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

You think an idiot fan at a JV game is the pulse of the team. Give me a break man.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

hbk1999 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 pm You think an idiot fan at a JV game is the pulse of the team. Give me a break man.
I just said he doesn't speak for the whole fan base.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:54 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 pm You think an idiot fan at a JV game is the pulse of the team. Give me a break man.
I just said he doesn't speak for the whole fan base.
It was probably Piketons JV coach. They’ll hire anyone at that school.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:29 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:47 am Piketon’s QB is probably the best one within Region 19 (besides Tingle from Ridgewood).

I still put Drew”MURDER”Roe ahead as far as production. Guillon is a little better thrower but Murder Roe can kill you with his legs and there is a big difference there.

Moving further into the playoffs it will be more beneficial to have Murder Roe back there and can evade the pass rush rather than Guillon throwing at a 45 degree angle.
I have no idea where you come up with such a statement, Roe is perfect for the Trojan offense as they get him outside while allowing the wrs to open up the field for him to run. Gullion is asked to run in between the tackles and rarely is sprinting to the outside like Roe does. Gullion can stand in the pocket and still see Roe can't, if a team keeps Roe in the pocket he's screwed. Roe is a perfect fit for what he is asked to do and Gullion the same and they both mean as much to their team as the other. However based on just taking a QB and throwing him into any offense Gullion is going to be able to adapt much more than Roe.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:27 pm

I have no idea where you come up with such a statement, Roe is perfect for the Trojan offense as they get him outside while allowing the wrs to open up the field for him to run. Gullion is asked to run in between the tackles and rarely is sprinting to the outside like Roe does. Gullion can stand in the pocket and still see Roe can't, if a team keeps Roe in the pocket he's screwed. Roe is a perfect fit for what he is asked to do and Gullion the same and they both mean as much to their team as the other. However based on just taking a QB and throwing him into any offense Gullion is going to be able to adapt much more than Roe.
Have you actually watched both of them play live with pressure. Roe has handled pressure against much better defenses a lot better. A lot better decision making. Not basing this off of something in a video or I haven’t watched in person.

To continue this I’d have to talk Ill of players which I won’t do.

And for all the scenarios you listed to be possible it would be deep a playoff run or maybe vs ironton to see “Roe being contained” to any degree. Remember you are speaking about D5 teams. I’ll take Roe any day over guillion. A lot harder to stop him. Gullion may adapt better but Roe will transform any offense.

Roe doesn’t need other playmakers to strike. Guillon does. If his receivers can be covered with simple man coverage(will happen moving forward), Guillon can be shutdown.) Roe can’t or will take some seriously talented individuals.

It’s 2021 not 2001.

MurderRoe!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LetsBeReal wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 pm

Have you actually watched both of them play live with pressure. Roe has handled pressure against much better defenses a lot better. A lot better decision making. Not basing this off of something in a video or I haven’t watched in person.

And for all the scenarios you listed to be possible it would be deep a playoff run or maybe vs ironton to see “Roe being contained” to any degree. Remember you are speaking about D5 teams. I’ll take Roe any day over guillion. A lot harder to stop him. Gullion may adapt better but Roe will transform any offense.

Roe doesn’t need other playmakers to strike. Guillon does. If his receivers can be covered with simple man coverage(will happen moving forward), Guillon can be shutdown.) Roe can’t or will take some seriously talented individuals.

It’s 2021 not 2001.

MurderRoe!!
I've watched both, Roe can't play from the pocket plain and simple, Roe doesn't need other playmakers to strike? Dude he's started since what his freshman year part way?? Last season they went 2-7 last season 3 of those losses were them scoring 12 points or less. Never ever diminish the help a QB has he 100% needs playmakers otherwise you know they would've won a lot more games because according to you all they need is Roe. Couldn't even beat Northwest come playoff time by himself, now Gullion had about 600 yards of offense to lead piketon to a playoff win. I take nothing from either young man and I believe Portsmouth uses Roe the only way they can. Not sure what the year has anything to do with it, contain is contain and helps your argument none.

onwardpiketon
Waterboy

Post by onwardpiketon »

Ok, LetsBeReal, come on man... Let's be real for a moment. If only we can be real, then we can really get to the bottom of what's real and what's not. Honestly, the only thing that's real is that, I mean come on man, we all gotta be real. If you can't even be real, then we're all really in trouble. For real.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:40 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 pm

It’s 2021 not 2001.

MurderRoe!!
I've watched both, Roe can't play from the pocket plain and simple, Roe doesn't need other playmakers to strike? Dude he's started since what his freshman year part way?? Last season they went 2-7 last season 3 of those losses were them scoring 12 points or less. Never ever diminish the help a QB has he 100% needs playmakers otherwise you know they would've won a lot more games because according to you all they need is Roe. Couldn't even beat Northwest come playoff time by himself, now Gullion had about 600 yards of offense to lead piketon to a playoff win. I take nothing from either young man and I believe Portsmouth uses Roe the only way they can. Not sure what the year has anything to do with it, contain is contain and helps your argument none.
Murder Row can’t win games by himself but will always give you points and opportunities to score. There is no stopping him if he isn’t playing his absolute worse and that hasn’t happened all year. It’s as simple as this.

Unless hurt, Roes running ability combined with a good arm gives him another dimension that will not be shut down like Guillon can be. He opens up more of the field and handles pressure a lot better.

Guillon is an average runner. He can run and his arm opens up a little but doesn’t require special attention like Murder Row.

Return to “Football”