Harvest Prep 54 Northwest 7 2021 Playoffs

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Playoffs: Northwest @ Harvest Prep

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:29 am
SiderBlood wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:33 pm Congrats. We can all make shirts that say playoffs but the meaning is not the same and this is gonna get ugly. Good job OHSAA. This is no fault of the boys of course. Go out and play hard but this is not a good prize for the Mohawks.
Agree need to go 12 or 8 team playoff
Nah, it's too late now it's like anything else once Pandora's box is opened there's no closing it up. I mean look at how we totally bypassed 12 teams or any talks of bye weeks for top 4 seeds and went straight to 16.

Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:59 am
Calbear wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:56 pm A-C gonna put HP in their place next week. A-C with the upset on the road by two scores. At least.
Nope
Yup!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Calbear wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:58 am
Calbear wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:56 pm A-C gonna put HP in their place next week. A-C with the upset on the road by two scores. At least.
Nope
Yup!
Nope

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:55 pm
Calbear wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:58 am

Nope
Yup!
Nope
Yup!

Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

InquisitiveCynic wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:31 am Make sure you don't delete this next Saturday night.
Yes, please don’t. The gloating is gonna be fun.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Hp will most likely be playing Ridgewood for the regional title in a cpl weeks.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:02 pm Hp will most likely be playing Ridgewood for the regional title in a cpl weeks.
The Wood better not look past The Burg. Burg is good enough to beat Ridgewood IMO

Burg grad 85
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:16 am
SiderBlood wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:33 pm Congrats. We can all make shirts that say playoffs but the meaning is not the same and this is gonna get ugly. Good job OHSAA. This is no fault of the boys of course. Go out and play hard but this is not a good prize for the Mohawks.
Nah, it's too late now it's like anything else once Pandora's box is opened there's no closing it up. I mean look at how we totally bypassed 12 teams or any talks of bye weeks for top 4 seeds and went straight to 16.
Should’ve never expanded in the first place. I’m guessing it was for more money. Making the playoffs used to mean something. Some of these teams I’ve seen have absolutely no business making the playoffs. Some of these games in the first round have been completely lob sided to the point you aren’t even interested in watching them.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:02 pm Hp will most likely be playing Ridgewood for the regional title in a cpl weeks.

Ironton is as good as they have been the last couple years. Careful what you wish for.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

H.P. might not get past A.C. and I'd bet the house Ridgewood won't be in a regional final. Lol.

Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:55 pm
H.P. might not get past A.C. and I'd bet the house Ridgewood won't be in a regional final. Lol.
This is AC’s game to lose. All the expectations are on HP even though AC is playing with a phenomenal senior class. If the coach would actually let them play they would probably have only lost two games in a schedule where almost every school was way bigger than them. HP will be lucky to keep up with the AC team speed if they are allowed to use it!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Can’t count Ridgewood out Great coach/QB will always give them a chance but I know the game vs burg will be physical so whoever wins will be feeling it the next few days

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:02 pm
Can’t count Ridgewood out Great coach/QB will always give them a chance but I know the game vs burg will be physical so whoever wins will be feeling it the next few days
I know Ridgewood will show up prepared and give it all they got for 4 quarters, but I don't think they have the line to get it done this year.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Calbear wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm
This is AC’s game to lose. All the expectations are on HP even though AC is playing with a phenomenal senior class. If the coach would actually let them play they would probably have only lost two games in a schedule where almost every school was way bigger than them. HP will be lucky to keep up with the AC team speed if they are allowed to use it!
To quote Judas Priest, AC has "got another thing coming" with HP. They simply do not match up well. Maybe if the Aces were in power football with dominant blocking could they pull the upset, but their offense is not going to get much going on Saturday running out of the spread. HP defense is way faster than BC's. BC might (operative word, "might") have some more fundamental strengths as a unit but HP is going to close in and swarm hard to the ball. They're very well-coached, like BC. Zone-running isn't going to get AC diddly on Prep.

I would love to be wrong, because I'm always happy to see the Aces do well. But there is absolutely no serious chance they are going to out-athlete HP. No one serious who has watched both teams play, and understands how the two programs play, would agree with your bravado.

thAGE
Waterboy

Post by thAGE »

Is this the same incredible HP juggernaut team the one
that had close games losing to Licking Heights and beating Buckeye Valley by 5 in their last two regular season games ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Laying the foundation in case of a loss, looking like already putting it on the coach, classy

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen34 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Should’ve never expanded in the first place. I’m guessing it was for more money. Making the playoffs used to mean something. Some of these teams I’ve seen have absolutely no business making the playoffs. Some of these games in the first round have been completely lob sided to the point you aren’t even interested in watching them.
When basically every D1 school gets in now what's the point, I mean a 0-10 team made it. I was watching a game this weekend where they said, 9 of the teams 10 opponents made the playoffs. At first I was like oh wow, then I remembered and said big deal they all get in now basically you played a really bad schedule if less than 5 teams you played didn't make it.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:26 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Eyeroll lol. Surprised if there is a dollar to get SOMEBODY is gonna get it? C'mon man. It still MEANS something. Even for a #16 seed it means = opportunity. Get over yaself.

And go download the app and order some playoff tickets.
Wtf are you talking about you complete tool bag

Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:23 am

To quote Judas Priest, AC has "got another thing coming" with HP. They simply do not match up well. Maybe if the Aces were in power football with dominant blocking could they pull the upset, but their offense is not going to get much going on Saturday running out of the spread. HP defense is way faster than BC's. BC might (operative word, "might") have some more fundamental strengths as a unit but HP is going to close in and swarm hard to the ball. They're very well-coached, like BC. Zone-running isn't going to get AC diddly on Prep.

I would love to be wrong, because I'm always happy to see the Aces do well. But there is absolutely no serious chance they are going to out-athlete HP. No one serious who has watched both teams play, and understands how the two programs play, would agree with your bravado.
A-C has more and depth than HP. That’s just a fact. HP’s numbers aren’t good whereas A-C has a ton of seniors who have played football their entire lives. This isn’t bravado; this is confidence in the strength of one program versus a program that hasn’t proven anything at this higher division

Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:30 am

Laying the foundation in case of a loss, looking like already putting it on the coach, classy
Sports conversations should be more about accuracy not who is more classy. How a teach is coached is a very important variable in a teams performance. In all of AC’a losses this year coaching (game plan, in game adjustments, personnel, team motivation) has been at the forefront of why those losses happened. If the coaches allow AC to play “their” game on Saturday, they should win. But if there is gam plan that doesn’t work towards the strengths of the team, (classy or not) the coaching staff deserves to take a portion of the blame for the loss.

Return to “Football”