WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Kirtland80
All State

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Kirtland80 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:52 pm yeah I didn't realize the banned idiot was back. I had good convo with Kirtland80 last year that was why I was surprised by the 'beat the brakes off" comment (fooled me). I look for a great game Saturday against Ironton. Of coarse I think we win in a close one 24-21. But agree Ironton is favored. I also agree with an earlier post that I think the winner of this game wins the region.
Pay no attention to him. We’re on a good run but we’re not world beaters. We can be beaten and it’s gonna happen sooner or later. Good luck in your game this Saturday. I wish it was online so I could watch it. I keep up with all the regions and all the teams

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:01 pm
Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:52 pm yeah I didn't realize the banned idiot was back. I had good convo with Kirtland80 last year that was why I was surprised by the 'beat the brakes off" comment (fooled me). I look for a great game Saturday against Ironton. Of coarse I think we win in a close one 24-21. But agree Ironton is favored. I also agree with an earlier post that I think the winner of this game wins the region.
Pay no attention to him. We’re on a good run but we’re not world beaters. We can be beaten and it’s gonna happen sooner or later. Good luck in your game this Saturday. I wish it was online so I could watch it. I keep up with all the regions and all the teams
Thanks good luck to you as well. What are your thoughts on Versailles? If you have seen them

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:03 pm
Thanks good luck to you as well. What are your thoughts on Versailles? If you have seen them
Thank you. I think Versailles will win R20. I know they play mostly smaller schools but it’s a tough conference and a 2 point loss to the machine known as Marion Local is nothing to be ashamed of. Marion Local would probably beat all the teams left in that region by more than that
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

It's always nice to get visitors on this thread. Yes Kirtland won the title the last 2 years but we aren't there yet for who will beat who in the future. We only have to worry about Saturday night right now as well as all the other D5 teams in the state. I'll give you props on your past victories but the teams in Southern Ohio have their own history and great tradition. It doesn't matter about records or history when they step on that field Saturday night. The only thing that will matter is the team before them. As was previously stated, by 10 pm Saturday night we will know who moves on and who gets the basketballs out.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Thank you. I think Versailles will win R20. I know they play mostly smaller schools but it’s a tough conference and a 2 point loss to the machine known as Marion Local is nothing to be ashamed of. Marion Local would probably beat all the teams left in that region by more than that
I watched that game I was very impressed by both teams. How many MAC teams still in the playoffs?? 5 I think

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:12 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 pm

I watched that game I was very impressed by both teams. How many MAC teams still in the playoffs?? 5 I think
Yep 5. Versailles, Anna, St. Henry, Coldwater and Marion Local

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

You guys will have to post updates of the game on here so I can keep up with it. Ours will be online if anyone wants to watch it. Good luck to both teams

6O HORN3TS 🐝
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The MAC is always stout. I forget the year but I know they won 4 out of the 7 state titles in football. And, good luck to Kirtland as well. Stay healthy and advance.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Nature Boy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:27 pm The MAC is always stout. I forget the year but I know they won 4 out of the 7 state titles in football. And, good luck to Kirtland as well. Stay healthy and advance.
2014 The Mac won 3. Marion Local D7 - Minster D6 - Coldwater D5.

They’ve never won 4 and perhaps because they only occupy the lowest 3 Divisions and never have a team in 4

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:21 pm You guys will have to post updates of the game on here so I can keep up with it. Ours will be online if anyone wants to watch it. Good luck to both teams
There will no doubt be updates on this thread but as you know we will have an updates thread for scores across the state. Saturday with only 24 games will seem light!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:18 pm Was on FB and saw this 😂
The funniest part of that is it was posted by a dude from West lol

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:37 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:21 pm You guys will have to post updates of the game on here so I can keep up with it. Ours will be online if anyone wants to watch it. Good luck to both teams
There will no doubt be updates on this thread but as you know we will have an updates thread for scores across the state. Saturday with only 24 games will seem light!
Good work you have been doing. I will keep you updated on R17 as usual

6O HORN3TS 🐝
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Thank you for clarifying that. I know the last time The Burg played Coldwater and lost, I felt like it was a turning point for Burg. I believe it showed them what it would take to compete with today's talented teams. That's why I also feel with Coach Pendleton at Ironton and his college and brief Pro experience it has brought them to the next level.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:20 pm Pay no attention to the “Kirkland” waterboy
Pretty rich coming from a guy who got his account suspended for arguing with a moderator. I've noticed you are a lot more nice now though since you were reinstated. :lol:

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

The Nature Boy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 pm Thank you for clarifying that. I know the last time The Burg played Coldwater and lost, I felt like it was a turning point for Burg. I believe it showed them what it would take to compete with today's talented teams. That's why I also feel with Coach Pendleton at Ironton and his college and brief Pro experience it has brought them to the next level.
No Doubt. To be the Man u gotta Beat the Man. ;) but you also gotta pay attention to what the Man is doing different/better than you

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:52 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 pm Thank you for clarifying that. I know the last time The Burg played Coldwater and lost, I felt like it was a turning point for Burg. I believe it showed them what it would take to compete with today's talented teams. That's why I also feel with Coach Pendleton at Ironton and his college and brief Pro experience it has brought them to the next level.
No Doubt. To be the Man u gotta Beat the Man. ;) but you also gotta pay attention to what the Man is doing different/better than you
Yep. And the game against Kirtland last year was an eye opener for Ironton and Pendleton I believe. From what I've read and heard they have upped their game since then.

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:36 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:27 pm The MAC is always stout. I forget the year but I know they won 4 out of the 7 state titles in football. And, good luck to Kirtland as well. Stay healthy and advance.
2014 The Mac won 3. Marion Local D7 - Minster D6 - Coldwater D5.

They’ve never won 4 and perhaps because they only occupy the lowest 3 Divisions and never have a team in 4
Prolly not going to get 3 this year though. Versailles would have to pull off some upsets but I won't totally count it out. But D6 is certainly there for the taking and D7 is a given.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Carter playing now?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"