WK 13: 3. West Jefferson vs 2. Fairland

TigerMania
JV Team

Re: WK 13: 3. West Jefferson vs 2. Fairland

Post by TigerMania »

Good luck, Fairland. Will this game be televised?

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Is Fairland a young team, senior dominated or somewhere in between?
What grade are the skill guys?

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

TigerMania wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:07 pm Good luck, Fairland. Will this game be televised?
Fairland’s youtube page itFairland probably will be live. Dependent upon getting 60 more subscribers before Saturday.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

icanpickem wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:53 pm Is Fairland a young team, senior dominated or somewhere in between?
What grade are the skill guys?
Fairland has a lot of seniors but also several first year players at fairland. Several freshman and sophomores play significant roles. Very Balanced and as healthy as they have been in a while. Speed, Size and strength- they will be a tough out for anyone.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

West Jefferson has so many Srs. Entire OL is Srs.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

West Jefferson starts 9 seniors on offense and 8 seniors on defense. I think fairland is gonna have to play a mistake free game to beat WJ. No turnovers, limit penalties, and capitalize on big offensive plays. Worthington Christian managed to put up 3 scores on the fairland varsity, as good as the WJ air attack is, they will put up 6 or 7 scores on fairland if they aren’t careful. If the dragons can match that with their offensive playmakers, they just might take down the roughriders in a shootout.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

West Jeff

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

Countryguy100 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:07 pm West jeffersons front does not stand a chance against fairlands front along with jd brumfield running it all night. Also with Zander Schmidt coming off of a 4 touchdown game he is ready to do damage to west jeffersons defense too. Dragons by 21
time will tell, hope your back here Saturday night after the game, the game is on the radio, Readyfm.com

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

WJfan4life wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:32 pm
Countryguy100 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:07 pm West jeffersons front does not stand a chance against fairlands front along with jd brumfield running it all night. Also with Zander Schmidt coming off of a 4 touchdown game he is ready to do damage to west jeffersons defense too. Dragons by 21
time will tell, hope your back here Saturday night after the game, the game is on the radio, Readyfm.com
Find it highly unlikely that Fairland wins by 3 scores. Worthington Christian scored 3 times. Have hard time believing Fairland secondary will stop West Jeff.

This is going to be a shootout.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:41 am The winner gets the privilege of getting killed by Fort Frye next week
Lol, couldn't have said it better myself!

WJ-OSU-STEELERS
Waterboy

Post by WJ-OSU-STEELERS »

This game appears to be a close one. Neither team has a signature win. Fairland has an impressive week 3 OT loss to Ironton 20-14 but a not so impressive showing last week vs Worthington Christian. West Jeff was a no show in their week 10 30-13 loss to Mechanicsburg but may have had their best performance of the year last week in their 63-13 win over Northmor. This is the time of year you need your seniors to lead and play their best. This will be the 10 playoff start for the WJ senior qb, he will need to play very well for WJ to pull out a victory.

Regardless who wins this game you have to assume they will be a 10-14 point underdog to Fort Frye. However I would definitely give a punchers chance to whomever wins this game next week vs Fort Frye.

Anyone who was at the Ironton-Fairland game, what was that game like? Ironton was coming off their week 2 13-10 ESPN Top 10 play Cal kickoff return victory. Impressive that Fairland hung with what I would assume was a angry Ironton team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good luck fairland

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Pulling for Fairland

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:30 pm This game appears to be a close one. Neither team has a signature win. Fairland has an impressive week 3 OT loss to Ironton 20-14 but a not so impressive showing last week vs Worthington Christian. West Jeff was a no show in their week 10 30-13 loss to Mechanicsburg but may have had their best performance of the year last week in their 63-13 win over Northmor. This is the time of year you need your seniors to lead and play their best. This will be the 10 playoff start for the WJ senior qb, he will need to play very well for WJ to pull out a victory.

Regardless who wins this game you have to assume they will be a 10-14 point underdog to Fort Frye. However I would definitely give a punchers chance to whomever wins this game next week vs Fort Frye.

Anyone who was at the Ironton-Fairland game, what was that game like? Ironton was coming off their week 2 13-10 ESPN Top 10 play Cal kickoff return victory. Impressive that Fairland hung with what I would assume was a angry Ironton team.
Also played without their head coach. Go to the Ironton thread and ask them.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Dragons are really going to have to play disciplined in the secondary. This team is going to test them over and over, hopefully they can get constant pressure on this QB. Hes going to be the best passer they've faced all year. Dragons can shut down their run game but HAVE to pressure this kid at QB.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:30 pm

I work with a big time Ironton fan , borderline nut , after the game he wasnt bragging to much , I finally got it out of him that he thought Ironton actually got beat but other circumstances led Ironton to prevail .

If Fairland wins , they will get beat by Fort Frye , and it wont be close

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I saw West Jefferson 2 years ago vs ironton when they were d5. Qb was a sophomore then and was really good. Had the fastest running back I ever saw. I’m sure he’s probably graduated now. But West Jefferson was very fast. Quarterback can sling it. I’m rooting for fairland but if west Jefferson wins it wouldn’t surprise me.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

SVTRaptor wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:41 am The winner gets the privilege of getting killed by Fort Frye next week
Lol, couldn't have said it better myself!
If F. F. Has a weakness it’s pass D. West Jeff, will make it a game.

WJ-OSU-STEELERS
Waterboy

Post by WJ-OSU-STEELERS »

The West Jeff rb in 2019 was Gabe Jones, he was a senior that year. Jones was a legit 4.4 forty kid, by far the fastest player I have ever seen at WJ. No one is nearly as fast on the 2021 WJ squad.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:57 am The West Jeff rb in 2019 was Gabe Jones, he was a senior that year. Jones was a legit 4.4 forty kid, by far the fastest player I have ever seen at WJ. No one is nearly as fast on the 2021 WJ squad.
Didn’t he go on to play college ball somewhere?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵

Return to “Football”