WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:49 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:47 pm

On the flag that was picked up, Why was the flag thrown anyway?
When the official looked at it the WR was on top of the DB and had his hands up in the air, I felt it made him look guilty but it was just a good drive block. Official was on the backside of the WR when he threw it which was why you seen the back judge coming in to explain what he seen.
So did he see a hold or just saw a player down and assumed it was a hold ?
At the time he threw the flag the WR already had pancaked the DB he seen more of the aftermath when he threw the penalty. Yeah when the WR put those hands up I felt he seen WR on top of the DB hands up in the air and thought holding because he was on the backside of the WR he couldn't see his hands in the block.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just sucks. Typically our playoff losses it’s a no doubter….this wasn’t that. Missing two top players snd a starting lineman the Ironmen were tough out there and made Novak and Co really work for it. I don’t feel WB is any better at the actual football plays and skills but they are more disciplined, they just are. Not sure where you had to be in Ohio to see two better quarterbacks, 3 big time receivers, Mastin an elite linebacker….just big time players out there tonight. I’m just going to say I don’t think the refs let the players decide the game.

Jackson had 4 chances to break things big but stalled after 2 interceptions and also #77 IMO saved a TD on the Mastin interception and a couple deep drives that didn’t score….both on penalties.

I’m very proud of the players and coaches. Tremendous effort snd grit snd fight. Novak and his top receivers are about impossible to stop and I’d like to hear their thoughts on how we played them.

I don’t know….really don’t know what to say. Western Brown 👏👏👏. Phenomenal team and I’m rooting for them. Novak is so special. 25 lbs in the weight room and he’s power 5….or a stud at a smaller D1. He’s impressive.

Great season Jackson and 14 seniors 👏👏👏

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:54 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:49 pm

When the official looked at it the WR was on top of the DB and had his hands up in the air, I felt it made him look guilty but it was just a good drive block. Official was on the backside of the WR when he threw it which was why you seen the back judge coming in to explain what he seen.
At the time he threw the flag the WR already had pancaked the DB he seen more of the aftermath when he threw the penalty. Yeah when the WR put those hands up I felt he seen WR on top of the DB hands up in the air and thought holding because he was on the backside of the WR he couldn't see his hands in the block.
So he just assumed a penalty happened then dropped a flag. Bad look.

Just watched the penalty on the winters td run on hudl. Watched it 10 times. Winters was at the 12 and had made a cut ,the defender was lost and turned back towards Winters in pursuit of a tackle. #5 made a clean block on him, wasn’t a clip , wasn’t hitting a defenseless player , and the defender was literally a few steps from winters . Just a horrible call in that situation . Literally took a td from Jackson.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 pm Just sucks. Typically our playoff losses it’s a no doubter….this wasn’t that. Missing two top players snd a starting lineman the Ironmen were tough out there and made Novak and Co really work for it. I don’t feel WB is any better at the actual football plays and skills but they are more disciplined, they just are. Not sure where you had to be in Ohio to see two better quarterbacks, 3 big time receivers, Mastin an elite linebacker….just big time players out there tonight. I’m just going to say I don’t think the refs let the players decide the game.

Jackson had 4 chances to break things big but stalled after 2 interceptions and also #77 IMO saved a TD on the Mastin interception and a couple deep drives that didn’t score….both on penalties.

I’m very proud of the players and coaches. Tremendous effort snd grit snd fight. Novak and his top receivers are about impossible to stop and I’d like to hear their thoughts on how we played them.

I don’t know….really don’t know what to say. Western Brown 👏👏👏. Phenomenal team and I’m rooting for them. Novak is so special. 25 lbs in the weight room and he’s power 5….or a stud at a smaller D1. He’s impressive.

So you feel the refs decided the game then?? Question because Jackson couldn't overcome penalties on offense, how many times was WB in 1st and 20, 2nd and 17 because of a penalty but they were able to overcome it. Both teams were put into long 1st or 2nd and long but WB was able to overcome them where Jackson didn't. The running ability of Novak really impressed me and how times they used the QB draw and it worked just about every single time. I don't believe WB is any better than Jackson either I just think they executed better when it counted, Novak dropped some serious dimes and way to many drops by WB. I wish Jackson could've been at full strength pretty impressive to think these 2 teams went down to the wire in both games this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 pm

Just watched the penalty on the winters td run on hudl. Watched it 10 times. Winters was at the 12 and had made a cut ,the defender was lost and turned back towards Winters in pursuit of a tackle. #5 made a clean block on him, wasn’t a clip , wasn’t hitting a defenseless player , and the defender was literally a few steps from winters . Just a horrible call in that situation . Literally took a td from Jackson.
Yeah it's a bad look but it was a good job of them coming together to get it right. There was a clean block on the cut back the hit I seen happened inside the 5 yard line, I was more curious did the DB just stop and the Jackson guy sort of ran into him.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Yeah it's a bad look but it was a good job of them coming together to get it right. There was a clean block on the cut back the hit I seen happened inside the 5 yard line, I was more curious did the DB just stop and the Jackson guy sort of ran into him.
Which play ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yep saw it live. Defender was in position and Winters made a surprising cut and got defender turned. Jaragosusn with a hustle football play flying down the field and catches the kid as he’s opening up as he got toasted. List in this play was the incredible 3 step burst by Winters to break out into the open….he just wanted it…..in the end there’s little doubt that Winters wasn’t a bit gassed/too high heart rate after that dash and they went 4 and out after that. Terrible break for Jackson, an all around terrible break.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:07 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 pm Just sucks. Typically our playoff losses it’s a no doubter….this wasn’t that. Missing two top players snd a starting lineman the Ironmen were tough out there and made Novak and Co really work for it. I don’t feel WB is any better at the actual football plays and skills but they are more disciplined, they just are. Not sure where you had to be in Ohio to see two better quarterbacks, 3 big time receivers, Mastin an elite linebacker….just big time players out there tonight. I’m just going to say I don’t think the refs let the players decide the game.

So you feel the refs decided the game then?? Question because Jackson couldn't overcome penalties on offense, how many times was WB in 1st and 20, 2nd and 17 because of a penalty but they were able to overcome it. Both teams were put into long 1st or 2nd and long but WB was able to overcome them where Jackson didn't. The running ability of Novak really impressed me and how times they used the QB draw and it worked just about every single time. I don't believe WB is any better than Jackson either I just think they executed better when it counted, Novak dropped some serious dimes and way to many drops by WB. I wish Jackson could've been at full strength pretty impressive to think these 2 teams went down to the wire in both games this year.
Thanks for picking one thought out of my post. No I don’t think the refs cheated.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Which play ?
The TD where they called personal foul, guy I seen hit the ground was behind the play as someone said looked like he sort of got chucked as by the WR as he was running by the DB. Winters was inside the 5 when I seen the guy hit the ground.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:13 pm

Thanks for picking one thought out of my post to keep digging at Jackson fans. No I do t think the refs cheated.
Taking one thought?? So you give both teams credit talk about how closely it was BUT you said the refs didn't let the players decide it, sort of a backhanded compliment to the game. Surely you can see that.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:13 pm

Which play ?
The TD where they called personal foul, guy I seen hit the ground was behind the play as someone said looked like he sort of got chucked as by the WR as he was running by the DB. Winters was inside the 5 when I seen the guy hit the ground.
Winters was at the 12 when the block was made. Wasn’t a clip and he wasn’t defenseless. It was just a horrible call that turned the game around.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:16 pm

Which play ?
Winters was at the 12 when the block was made. Wasn’t a clip and he wasn’t defenseless. It was just a horrible call that turned the game around.
Love to see the play and when it was called then. Being that it was a personal foul and not clip.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Love to see the play and when it was called then. Being that it was a personal foul and not clip.
No clue man. I’ve watched it 20 times now. Crazy how kids can make memorable plays like that and a ref can take it away with one bad call. 🤷‍♂️

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:37 pm
86grad wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:33 pm Block in the back when the Winters had a easy TD in the first half killed us!
A horrible call , and another bad holding call that stopped a drive in the red zone, ok whatever , but then a holding call that would’ve set up 4th and 12 is picked up and waved off. Two even teams , let them decide it .
It was the correct call. The play was 10 yards in front of him scoring a TD and the kid hits the western brown player in the back on the 10 yard line. Just a poor decision. It happened right in front of me. Great game though! Hats off to both teams.
Last edited by Giorgio Tsoukalous on Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:15 pm

Thanks for picking one thought out of my post to keep digging at Jackson fans. No I do t think the refs cheated.
Taking one thought?? So you give both teams credit talk about how closely it was BUT you said the refs didn't let the players decide it, sort of a backhanded compliment to the game. Surely you can see that.
Find someone on here who has complimented WB and Novak more. I’ll wait.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 pm

No clue man. I’ve watched it 20 times now. Crazy how kids can make memorable plays like that and a ref can take it away with one bad call. 🤷‍♂️
As you watched it, at one point did the WB player end up on the ground and where was the Jackson player. You've got me curious now because I believe that penalty was thrown by the same ref that picked up the penalty later on in the game. Are you talking about the cut back block or are you talking about the play all the way through?? The cut back was fine it was the after math where I seen him hit the ground with a Jackson guy behind him.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 pm
86grad wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:33 pm Block in the back when the Winters had a easy TD in the first half killed us!
A horrible call , and another bad holding call that stopped a drive in the red zone, ok whatever , but then a holding call that would’ve set up 4th and 12 is picked up and waved off. Two even teams , let them decide it .
It was the correct call. The play was 10 yards in front of him scoring a TD and the kid hits the western brown player in the back on the 10 yard line. Just a poor decision. It happened right in front of me. Great game though! Hats off to both teams.
Wrong. Like I just said I watched it 30 times now. Wasn’t in the back and the kid was within 3 steps of Winters.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:24 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:15 pm

Find someone on here who has complimented WB and Novak more. I’ll wait.
What are you waiting on?? Never said you complained about WB you gave them props but threw the big but the officials didn't let the players decide the game. Care to explain how they didn't....I'll wait.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:26 pm

Wrong. Like I just said I watched it 30 times now. Wasn’t in the back and the kid was within 3 steps of Winters.
I can only tell you what I saw as an unbiased spectator.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:26 pm

Are you able to post it?? You've peaked my interest, not that it matters at this point but I am curious to see it.

Return to “Football”