Valley @ Minford - 1/18

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Re: Valley @ Minford - 1/18

Post by AnkleBraces »

Valley’s lack of depth showed a little tonight I think. Pace slowed and Minford seemed to have the advantage then.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think it’s also important to point out the sky is not falling for Valley either.

You’re a game back, and you’ve lost 2 VERY competitive, close games, to 2 VERY good ball clubs(one you’ve defeated before)

Watch the tape, make the adjustments and keep it moving.

You’re 11-2, and right in the thick of the SOC!

#sports_is_life
Waterboy

Post by #sports_is_life »

Minford definitely kept after it and never quit and it served them well. Valley seems to have a few kids that want to "get theirs" when they get a decent lead. Rushing shots, not hitting the open man. When they play as a team they are a force, but when they go away from it and throw up quick shots, not so much.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:42 pm Valley needs to play better with the lead. Know time and score. Too many quick shots. Kill a little clock and get a good or great shot, don’t settle for first open look and rush a shot. Minford hit big shots and played tough. Good game, but hate to see valley lose that one. Gotta take better care of the ball too. Too many turnovers late.
I agree completely. Hats off to Minford a good team and good sportsmanship, The guys played hard they're still learning a first year system with a first year coach. Let's be honest who would not have took a 11-2 record at this point back in November? The fact there is a discussion at all is a credit to the young men and the staff. That being said I believe all the comments directed toward Valley comes from folks that expect more from this team. The entire area has been given more than a glimpse of how good they can be. They will learn their lessons from tonight and be better for it.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Absolutely. They are doing a heck of a job. Very good things still to come from this group. I’m not trying to beat them down or anything. Just pointing out a few things I saw. Def things to work on. But they are doing great. I like what I see from coach so far. Can’t wait to see what he can do in the future.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Transplant no foul intended like the commercial says " we see it, we all see it". They will improve they have a great group of players. The future begins tomorrow.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Minford has the edge going into baseball season in the Lucasville Minford RD rivalry. Look for the baseball games to be even better than the other sports so far this school year! Love the rivalry that’s going on with these two groups.

Minford football win
Minford soccer win
Valley Basketball win
Minford basketball win

Minford 3 Valley 1! lol

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GoAt 10 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:48 pm Minford has the edge going into baseball season in the Lucasville Minford RD rivalry. Look for the baseball games to be even better than the other sports so far this school year! Love the rivalry that’s going on with these two groups.

Minford football win
Minford soccer win
Valley Basketball win
Minford basketball win

Minford 3 Valley 1! lol
Valley should have the top 3 pitchers in the area…looking forward to those matchups.

Return to “Boys Basketball”