DIV - Southeast District Tournament

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: DIV - Southeast District Tournament

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:37 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:18 pm I’ll assume Wisor is back and ready and Trimble by 17

Western vs Fed Hock? I’ll assume Rogers is back to guard the rim but it still might be Western’s to lose…but Crockwell is a difference maker so he might carry them to a win. I have a pretty good grasp on how good Fed Hock is (unlike a few weeks ago)…..but still not sure how good Western is. Should be a great one. Western by 6

Valley by 10 over South Webster

I’m taking Fairfield over Symmes Valley. 22 point win vs Paint Valley is impressive….much much tougher schedule, but maybe Symmes Valley is just better 🤷🏻‍♂️, they might be…but Fairfield by 9
Fed beat Whiteoak without Rogers and Crockwell only had 7 points. Fed is a good team all around. Airhart had 24, Cottrill 16, Lane Smith 15. Cotrill still has the best performance I've seen all year, 36 vs Athens on 10 treys.
Federal Hocking when you NOW look at their lineup with Crockwell, Cottrill, Airhart & Smith - those 4 are legitimate 20 point scorers on any given night, the only thing stopping them on the same night is that there aren't enough basketballs to go around !!! the addition of Crockwell makes FH a regional final team imo ... yes he can score the ball in everyway possible - inside/outside/on the move in the paint/ midrange jumpers/ at the rim/above the rim - he's a next level player at D4 ... he ALSO distributes the ball, which has helped Airhart immensely ! Andrew Airhart can stroke the 3 ball from anywhere behind the arc, the defense vs him is to make him move with the ball - with Crockwell's ability to penetrate and dish - Airhart can spot up for HIS shot ... Cottrill as 93dog pointed out can drain the 3 ball as well ... he can get out in transition & finish (10 treys in one game - the kid can score the ball and did prior to the addition of Crockwell) ... Lane Smith is one of the unsung heroes here - the kid plays BIG in the paint defensively and on the boards ... he too can score the rock inside and out ...starts the break with the boards and runs the floor AND finishes in transition... Rogers didn't play last game - Smith gets 16 points and fills the void in the paint ... add Chapman/McVey to the mix - that's a strong 7 players with 4 real 20 ppg as needed scorers ... Western is going to have to do what it does best - play tough D for 32 minutes which THEY DO EVERY GAME - it's not like this will be something new for the Indians ... they like, no love, to get out and run in transition - it's THEIR GAME OF CHOICE ... they don't get winded, they don't wear out ... they will frustrate opponents - THAT in my mind is something that will need to be watched - Crockwell as good as he is ... can get frustrated and step outside of TEAM ... watched in the game vs Trimble at the beginning of the 4th quarter - he was going rogue/making it personal when the FH assistant coach took him out of the game ... got after him on the bench - reeled him in - and the rest is history on that night ... great job by the FH assistant in letting the young man know how "we" play at FH and how he is expected to play at FH ... the match up is a good one !!! best of luck to both teams!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The best thing to happen to Fed (besides Crockwell) was playing Trimble twice right before the tournament. You wont find many teams who play better D than the Cats and they were still able to put up 61 points in the rematch. They will be well prepared and ready to go for Saturday's showdown in Wellston.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Trimble just gave up 71 yesterday. Sounds like that D needs addressed before next weekend.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:41 pm Trimble just gave up 71 yesterday. Sounds like that D needs addressed before next weekend.
To like a 9th place SOC team

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:12 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:41 pm Trimble just gave up 71 yesterday. Sounds like that D needs addressed before next weekend.
Trimble bout to be exposed

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

1. Eastern drained a ton of 3's in the first half.
2. Played a freshman in place of their top defender, who was in street clothes. Weber normally guards the opposing teams best player unless it's a smaller guard, then Dixon does.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:13 pm
Exposed? They are a half court shot away from being (21-0) lol

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

It will all be resolved March 8th at 8:00 at OU. Basketball 30

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Exposed? They are a half court shot away from being (21-0) lol
Never would’ve been an opportunity for that if they didn’t get theirselves t’d up acting a fool.

Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan98 »

Trimble by 23
Fed Hock by 13
SW by 4
Fairfield by 8

Trimble has their way with a weaker SOC team. Fed Hock exposes Western's strength of schedule. Zimmy has a huge game and SW gets it done. Fairfield exposes Symmes Valley's schedule. Look for this to be a great day of basketball as I really hope the first two games are closer than I have predicted. Have we figured out if one ticket is going to get us into all games?

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Trimble was down probably their best defender and Beaver made 15 3s. I don't care how good or bad a team is. 15 3s is keeping you in the game

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Are 3 pointers unguardable?

If a team makes 22 shots in the lane they’ll be in the game too.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

But you knew beaver was going to shoot em. I gave y’all the scouting report 😂

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:59 pm But you knew beaver was going to shoot em. I gave y’all the scouting report 😂
Too bad Beaver got wore out, I wanted to see Guffey get 50

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

Sportsfan98 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:03 pm Trimble by 23
Fed Hock by 13
SW by 4
Fairfield by 8

Trimble has their way with a weaker SOC team. Fed Hock exposes Western's strength of schedule. Zimmy has a huge game and SW gets it done. Fairfield exposes Symmes Valley's schedule. Look for this to be a great day of basketball as I really hope the first two games are closer than I have predicted. Have we figured out if one ticket is going to get us into all games?
You want to pick FH that’s fine. No issue. But where exactly is FH’s strength of schedule?? That’s hilarious to me. The TVC taking shots at another conference? The TVC is top heavy. So is the SOC 1.
I don’t see the strength of schedule for FH to expose anything on anyone else.
Again, I’m not even saying who will win. I just wouldn’t be so dismissive based on Schedules. Lol.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

The keyboard brilliance on here is truly something to behold. It's almost better than Twitter or Facebook 🤪🤪🤪🤪

OldHead47
Waterboy

Post by OldHead47 »

As much as I would love to see all 3 SOC I underdogs come out on top, I believe only 1 will. Western would be my pick if I thought Weber would not be playing for Fed Hock but I am assuming he will dress. I do not see ND pulling the upset but feel like they can make it competitive for 3 quarters, hopefully. I am going with Symmes Valley to be the 1 SOC I team that squeaks through. Good luck to all teams! Hope to make it to some games or at least catch some live streams.

Trimble
Fed Hock
Valley
Symmes Valley

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Sports24/7 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:39 pm The keyboard brilliance on here is truly something to behold. It's almost better than Twitter or Facebook 🤪🤪🤪🤪

SEOPS was the goat before FB and Twatter got big.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Lol....A team that is capable but shot a "little" over their heads making 15 three's and playing against a team without its best defender and a 15 pt. a game scorer and still lost by 12 is really not saying a whole lot even though the kids from Eastern played very hard.Trimble is really good...not great... but when any team plays a team that is 19-1 it may tend to play just a little harder don't ya think

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fed Hock played D2 Morgan, D2 Marietta, TVC-Ohio champ Alexander, D3 Fairland, D2 Athens, No. 1 seed Trimble twice & Waterford twice. Handled Peebles pretty easily, was hoping that would have been a bigger game, but didn't work out that way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”