Fairland 13 - 34 Ironton 2022

Rza1
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3: Ironton (2-0) @ Fairland (2-0)

Post by Rza1 »

Yea...looked like they had it thought out... not exposing the artillery... jus gettin the W.... as they threw the ball deep into the fourth... an ran their injury prone qb into the teeth of the d... lol.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

BigSpoon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:28 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:45 am

I was talking major injuries, like season ending etc. I wouldn’t call a ankle sprain a major injury. He is a stud though. Amari is special on both sides of the ball. He has played both games since that sprain and even returned in the Burg game after tweaking his ankle
Apologies to you.

I realize he has still played injured,& basically watched all he did as the Tigers played back & let FairLand pass & catch.
It was odd, & got boring, but i get it.
Pendleton has the faith in the defense, especially after first two games, to get it done.
So, i mostly zoomed in and watched Fielder’s movements each play & He is hobbled up a bit.

To me, he’s a major loss on Offense at 40% effective or so…

So that is where i was coming from. He doesn't have that cut and run quickness right now, & we need him healthy.

I do think Carter does have the ability to be utilized in the running attack & the Coaching Staff has to draw this up right for IHS to have a long season. That may be the goal, & already well thought out. I am just guessing because
There are more guys who can be used all over thecplace than ive seen in decades & i think The staff is trying to still map it all out so, they’ll have a healthy crew to go deep into the season & not go out early like last year.

I think PendleTon doesn’t have to expose all his artillery along the way. Just enough to get the W & build on it & add a wrinkle each week to the playbooks without exposing the full gamut of his arsenal. Im just a fan, not a coach, so just my thoughts.

FairLand was a good team, but nothing like Jackson of Burg.
It wasnt a blowout, but i never had a doubt about IHS.

I could see and feel their dominance even though i was mostly watching out for Fielder’s degree of effectiveness.

Next week. Big BIG FOOTBALL CELEBRATION AT THE TANK with teams from multiple states & a big test for IHS as they plat a MASSIVE D1 (KY INTO OHIO enrollment guidelines) -V -Johnson Central, KY. Not forgetting they are KY state runner up last year & state power for years now in KY!

REST UP, Practice WELL, & Stay healthy boys!

#GoTgo

I think Felder is one of the best athletes on both sides of the ball. If they would lose him to injury, it would definitely be a major loss
Felders a stud. Him and Keys at 100 is gonna be hard to deal with and can wear on a defense.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

tough night for my dragons

TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

BigSpoon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:28 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:45 am

I was talking major injuries, like season ending etc. I wouldn’t call a ankle sprain a major injury. He is a stud though. Amari is special on both sides of the ball. He has played both games since that sprain and even returned in the Burg game after tweaking his ankle
Apologies to you.

I realize he has still played injured,& basically watched all he did as the Tigers played back & let FairLand pass & catch.
It was odd, & got boring, but i get it.
Pendleton has the faith in the defense, especially after first two games, to get it done.
So, i mostly zoomed in and watched Fielder’s movements each play & He is hobbled up a bit.

To me, he’s a major loss on Offense at 40% effective or so…

So that is where i was coming from. He doesn't have that cut and run quickness right now, & we need him healthy.

I do think Carter does have the ability to be utilized in the running attack & the Coaching Staff has to draw this up right for IHS to have a long season. That may be the goal, & already well thought out. I am just guessing because
There are more guys who can be used all over thecplace than ive seen in decades & i think The staff is trying to still map it all out so, they’ll have a healthy crew to go deep into the season & not go out early like last year.

I think PendleTon doesn’t have to expose all his artillery along the way. Just enough to get the W & build on it & add a wrinkle each week to the playbooks without exposing the full gamut of his arsenal. Im just a fan, not a coach, so just my thoughts.

FairLand was a good team, but nothing like Jackson of Burg.
It wasnt a blowout, but i never had a doubt about IHS.

I could see and feel their dominance even though i was mostly watching out for Fielder’s degree of effectiveness.

Next week. Big BIG FOOTBALL CELEBRATION AT THE TANK with teams from multiple states & a big test for IHS as they plat a MASSIVE D1 (KY INTO OHIO enrollment guidelines) -V -Johnson Central, KY. Not forgetting they are KY state runner up last year & state power for years now in KY!

REST UP, Practice WELL, & Stay healthy boys!

#GoTgo

I think Felder is one of the best athletes on both sides of the ball. If they would lose him to injury, it would definitely be a major loss

I must have missed something.

WrestlingFootball
Riding the Bench

Post by WrestlingFootball »

82nd wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:21 pm tough night for my dragons
#15 is the best player on the Ironton team!

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

WrestlingFootball wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:46 pm
82nd wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:21 pm tough night for my dragons
#15 is the best player on the Ironton team!
fairland will right the ship

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:47 am
fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:40 am Great game by Fairland they played loose and let it all out.
They played to win Ironton is still learning on the O-line and D-line.
And games like this will only help Ironton as it marches toward the playoffs.
JC will be another test for this team and after that the only team that may come close to Ironton may be Coal Grove.
Portsmouth being a rivalry will be a tough one but Ironton should finish no worse than 9-1 after next weeks game.
And that is if they don't correct the turn over bug and silly penalties that seem to be a constant problem for Ironton.
Gallia has athletes that can match Ironton. They may be a team to look at too. Other that that, I agree
Gallia will give Ironton a game for a half I believe but after the JC game I don't see Ironton getting challenged a whole game till 3rd round of playoffs.
I know it isn't the same Gallia team but
2021 score was 43-0
2020 55-7
2019 52-0
2018 33-36
Ironton lost to Gallia in Pendletons first year but only by 3 since then it's been pretty one sided woodshed one sided and wasn't because they was bad teams
4-4 covid hurt them
6-2
and 9-2
So Gallia has been a ble to beat teams it should but Ironton seems to have their number at the moment.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:47 am
fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:40 am Great game by Fairland they played loose and let it all out.
They played to win Ironton is still learning on the O-line and D-line.
And games like this will only help Ironton as it marches toward the playoffs.
JC will be another test for this team and after that the only team that may come close to Ironton may be Coal Grove.
Portsmouth being a rivalry will be a tough one but Ironton should finish no worse than 9-1 after next weeks game.
And that is if they don't correct the turn over bug and silly penalties that seem to be a constant problem for Ironton.
Gallia has athletes that can match Ironton. They may be a team to look at too. Other that that, I agree
I think Ironton will put a running clock on Gallia

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:01 am
TigerFella wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:43 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 pm I'm managed to take in a little bit of this game.Something I wanna ask Ironton insiders is this. Trevor Carter?! Why is he not being utilized as a running back? His 9th & 10th grade year he had some phenomenal carries. His junior year he suffered a season ending injury and rumor is he had a run in with a staff member. It seems like the only thing he is being used for on the offense is as a tight end.

WHY??!!
Personally, I’m not a big fan of Carter running, doesn’t seem to break tackles or make people miss. Also have solid to great backs in Keyes, Felder, and Wilson. He’s certainly earning that D1 attention on D though.
Absolutely. He's a very very good LB. And I agree. He's not a skill player at all.
I respectively disagree with both of you. He IS the best running back they have. Hopefully, he'll get a chance to prove that. Ironton is hurting for power backs.

Return to “Football”