Waverly 49 Minford 24 2022

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Re: WK9 Minford - Waverly

Post by NewApproved »

This should be a good one. The teams are similar in size. Waverly wins in a close one. Another game to get a read on the Burg vs West game. Burg is looking too strong for West at this point.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I like Waverly in this one. I believe the Tigers are more battle tested and have the tougher SOS to prepare them for this game. Win the next two and you have a spot in the playoffs. Not saying that we would travel somewhere and win, however I wouldn't want to be a 2-4 seed and think you'll have a cushy game vs Waverly.. the coaches always do a great job game planning and preparing their team for a fight and won't go down easily as we've seen this year already.

Good luck men and give me the Tigers by 2 scores

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:24 pm
Considering there weren’t many happy with the new coach hiring for basketball I sure hope they don’t do this, I see no benefit to joining the FAC in any form of athletics for us
Who all applied? I didn't think they had much to choose from? I will agree with you on hoping they don't make this move.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Trooper wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:01 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:24 pm
Considering there weren’t many happy with the new coach hiring for basketball I sure hope they don’t do this, I see no benefit to joining the FAC in any form of athletics for us
Who all applied? I didn't think they had much to choose from? I will agree with you on hoping they don't make this move.
They’re not

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 8 Minford 7 end of Q1
Minford driving after lengthy delay for an injured Tiger.

Pica is a beast.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 22 Minford 10. 5:25 Q2

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 22 Minford 17 2:25 Q2

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 22 Minford 17. Half

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

That was a total screw job by the refs to end the half if I've ever seen one. The Umpire and Back Judge call the WR tackled out bounds after a 35-yard reception and signal to stop the clock by waiving both hands over their heads. Ball at Waverly's 10-yard line. Minford getting their FG team ready and then the Head ref calls the end of the half. Minford had timeouts and would have used one to set up the FG try. Total screw job by an amateur ref crew that is clearly not on the same page. If this is the best this crew can do, then they need to stick to officiating pee-wee or give it up altogether. Pathetic job Refs!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 28 Minford 17. 9:56 Q3

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 35 Minford 17 mid Q3

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 35 Minford 24 Late Q3

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 42 Minford 24 Late Q3

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 49 Minford 24 Q4

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly 49 Minford 24. Final

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Waverly 49 Minford 24 2022

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Nice job of pulling this one out boys, we let Pica get loose a couple times for some long runs, but not a bad night from the Tiger defense. Seems like it was almost more of a bend but don't break and we held Minford to 7 points in the 2nd half so that's great and there was good coverage on the play just a great throw by the young QB for Minford on 4th down. Offensively I thought we played well all the way across the board, Hurd with another big day and Kelly had a big night throwing. Minford will have a lot coming back next year as I seen they only had 4 seniors on the team. #1 for Waverly Mason Pollard the young man who left on a stretcher hopefully everything will be good there, last word I got before leaving the game was no broken bones and his back seemed fine (which was what they thought was wrong originally) hoping all other test come back good and he's back out there, prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.
I haven't heard any talks on this and honestly I'm not sure there's any benefit for Waverly to join FAC. We would be adding to our drive times across the board, Waverly and Jackson used to play every year and haven't for quite sometime now. I also think with Crabtree's future up in the air right now I don't see that move being made.
Why is Crabtree's future up in the air? Is he looking to move on or are they not happy with him? Thanks in advance.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good win for the tigers

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

tigercat74 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:31 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.
I haven't heard any talks on this and honestly I'm not sure there's any benefit for Waverly to join FAC. We would be adding to our drive times across the board, Waverly and Jackson used to play every year and haven't for quite sometime now. I also think with Crabtree's future up in the air right now I don't see that move being made.
Why is Crabtree's future up in the air? Is he looking to move on or are they not happy with him? Thanks in advance.
His son graduates this year so I’d say that’s what he’s alluding to

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

What a good game for the Tigers. Kelley looks like veteran Qb and Hurd had a great game running the ball. Player of the game has to be Hudson Kelley. 3 total Td’s and a lot of tackles, crazy how we have been saying get the ball in his hands more and they do and what a great game he had. Mason Kelley with hit of the day taking out the ref. Surprise player #3, wow he is tall and can run and catch, no linebacker can gaurd him. Wyatt Crabtreewith huge defensive night and great awareness on extra point attempt. Great hands and great job by #13 to get up and throw it.
Can’t wait to see the stats Sosa had them all wrong. The news watchman had them right.
Also who ever was complying at end of half the play was right in front of me he wasn’t even close to going out of bounds the reds got that one right
As for when they measured for first time that ref must of never done it before you mark it on yard 45 or 50 not 48 yard mark then dropped the chain even when he was doing it
He cheated straight up and it was obvious not that the first down even mattered but it was blatant he should be held accountable

Return to “Football”