Eastern Meigs 7 - 34 Waterford 2022 Playoffs

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Re: Round 2 Waterford @ Eastern

Post by Stan Smith »

Glousterite wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:58 pm
Watertown wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:42 pm
beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:29 pm
Going independent sounds great until you put together a schedule with schools that are, on the whole, bigger than you. Ironton did it for years and FF has done it recently. Ironton is a top tier program in SE Ohio and FF has been consistently one of the best for the last several years. They could and can afford to do that, but FF has paid the injury price for doing it. Waterford is a very solid small school program for our area. However, they would struggle with an independent schedule where they are playing bigger schools that are even decent at football week in and week out from an injury and depth point of view. No disrespect to Waterford, I have nothing against them, but it's a big world outside the TVC Hocking.
I’m not saying they have to go totally independent. But stop bragging and making fun of the Hocking teams we beat and pick up another top team or two for a start. Instead of belittling teams we beat go beat a really good team and act like it’s no big deal to beat the bad ones. But some on here can’t help themselves. That’s what Trimble did and now it’s coming back to bite them.
You are killing me. Scheduling up was the right thing to do for Trimble. They will bounce back, that’s not a concern. Trimble has needed to strengthen their schedule for quite some time, they just picked a bad time to do it.
And before running down Trimble, you may want to recall the all time record between the two teams. Trimble leads Waterford 20-7 out scoring them 756-328.
Give credit where credit is due, Waterford has had some great recent years, including this one and I hope you guys make a run this year, but you can’t claim to be the juggernaut of the Hocking just yet.
………..stay humble
I agree. It's not like Waterford has a decades on decades of winning seasons. It was years before Waterford had a winning season.
The schedule is fine. Enjoy the winning while you can.

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Stan Smith wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:42 am

I’m not saying they have to go totally independent. But stop bragging and making fun of the Hocking teams we beat and pick up another top team or two for a start. Instead of belittling teams we beat go beat a really good team and act like it’s no big deal to beat the bad ones. But some on here can’t help themselves. That’s what Trimble did and now it’s coming back to bite them.
You are killing me. Scheduling up was the right thing to do for Trimble. They will bounce back, that’s not a concern. Trimble has needed to strengthen their schedule for quite some time, they just picked a bad time to do it.
And before running down Trimble, you may want to recall the all time record between the two teams. Trimble leads Waterford 20-7 out scoring them 756-328.
Give credit where credit is due, Waterford has had some great recent years, including this one and I hope you guys make a run this year, but you can’t claim to be the juggernaut of the Hocking just yet.
………..stay humble
I agree. It's not like Waterford has a decades on decades of winning seasons. It was years before Waterford had a winning season.
Perfect formula for mediocrity. We can do better. Playing 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 D6 and D7 teams does nothing to make us better.

Watertown
Waterboy

Re: Get READY! Here comes 27!

Post by Watertown »

hannancoach wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:39 am I smell revenge

Eastern 16
Waterfrod 13
I hope you’re wrong. But playing that weak schedule the last part of the season did nothing to prepare us for the playoffs. I hope we’re ready.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Watertown wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:08 am

………..stay humble
Perfect formula for mediocrity. We can do better. Playing 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 D6 and D7 teams does nothing to make us better.
Or you can schedule up. Start getting your asses kicked, like in the PVC, and watch your player numbers drop.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

How many times has Waterford actually won the Hocking?

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Stan Smith wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:43 pm
Watertown wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:08 am

Or you can schedule up. Start getting your asses kicked, like in the PVC, and watch your player numbers drop.
Yet another sentiment of mediocrity. We’re beyond that.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Watertown wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:36 am

………..stay humble
You sound like those Eastern guys living in the past. You stick with that. It’s working well for you this year. Meanwhile Waterford is the CURRENT dominant program with the best coach and best current players as well as all the way down through the grades. Winning the Hocking will be a given. But let’s don’t be like Trimble and be satisfied so we don’t wait until it’s too late to beef up the schedule like they did. For you Trimble fans enjoy the extra weeks of basketball practice and will get with you in a few weeks.
I’m just stating facts. You can’t have a few good years then claim to be the best in the Hocking as an overall program. I said give credit where credit is due, you guys are having an excellent season and I even said good luck and I hope y’all make a deep run? Not being a troll, just trying to have you stay a little humble, that’s all.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:14 pm

………..stay humble
You sound like those Eastern guys living in the past. You stick with that. It’s working well for you this year. Meanwhile Waterford is the CURRENT dominant program with the best coach and best current players as well as all the way down through the grades. Winning the Hocking will be a given. But let’s don’t be like Trimble and be satisfied so we don’t wait until it’s too late to beef up the schedule like they did. For you Trimble fans enjoy the extra weeks of basketball practice and will get with you in a few weeks.
I’m just stating facts. You can’t have a few good years then claim to be the best in the Hocking as an overall program. I said give credit where credit is due, you guys are having an excellent season and I even said good luck and I hope y’all make a deep run? Not being a troll, just trying to have you stay a little humble, that’s all.
Has nothing to do with being humble or not. I want our program to improve and be a regular state contender in the future. Don’t want to backslide like Trimble has. We need to learn from and avoid your mistakes. Based on this year and the past few at the lower levels I can see Trimble being no better than 3rd in the Hocking the next few years. Meanwhile, we should expect to win it for the foreseeable future but need to set our goals much higher than that.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Watertown wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Has nothing to do with being humble or not. I want our program to improve and be a regular state contender in the future. Don’t want to backslide like Trimble has. We need to learn from and avoid your mistakes. Based on this year and the past few at the lower levels I can see Trimble being no better than 3rd in the Hocking the next few years. Meanwhile, we should expect to win it for the foreseeable future but need to set our goals much higher than that.
Good luck.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:43 pm

Good luck.
You too.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Here's an idea, set your goals to try and beat the good teams you play. After that, then you could try and schedule up. You lost to Shenandoah this year, ff will show you this week what a good team does to the zeps. Let's not even talk about our game, win your league a few years and get to a regional final. Then maybe you can start talking about scheduling up

McChicken
Riding the Bench

Post by McChicken »

Looks like the Eastern delusion has spread to Watertown. The tvc hocking on any year due to the size of the schools would be won/lost because of one kid that is just better than everyone else. Trimble usually has 3 of those kids, this year they didn't and they looked just like everyone else. I thought Waterfords out of conference schedule was perfect for this team. We lost but we competed and got better.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

McChicken wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 pm Looks like the Eastern delusion has spread to Watertown. The tvc hocking on any year due to the size of the schools would be won/lost because of one kid that is just better than everyone else. Trimble usually has 3 of those kids, this year they didn't and they looked just like everyone else. I thought Waterfords out of conference schedule was perfect for this team. We lost but we competed and got better.
Exactly 10 years ago we would never have scheduled williamstown split the series , would not have scheduled doaha won 2 of the last 3 . Coach has already improved the schedule , got the community following the team this is how coach Huck started hopefully we can schedule like fort is but we are nowhere ready yet

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

If Waterford was getting upset in the playoffs a lot, then I'd take it as a sign they need to schedule up. Instead, they're winning the games they should.

"Schedule up" is just something people say when they can't think of anything specific to criticize.

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

Eastern 21
Waterford 14

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:18 pm
McChicken wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 pm Looks like the Eastern delusion has spread to Watertown. The tvc hocking on any year due to the size of the schools would be won/lost because of one kid that is just better than everyone else. Trimble usually has 3 of those kids, this year they didn't and they looked just like everyone else. I thought Waterfords out of conference schedule was perfect for this team. We lost but we competed and got better.
Exactly 10 years ago we would never have scheduled williamstown split the series , would not have scheduled doaha won 2 of the last 3 . Coach has already improved the schedule , got the community following the team this is how coach Huck started hopefully we can schedule like fort is but we are nowhere ready yet
What am I missing? Didn't you lose all 3 of those games this year? What is giving you the idea that Waterford needs to schedule up?

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:32 pm
What am I missing? Didn't you lose all 3 of those games this year? What is giving you the idea that Waterford needs to schedule up?
You must have missed the part of not being ready

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:49 pm

You must have missed the part of not being ready
Sorry, thought I quoted Watertown

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Re: Get READY! Here comes 27!

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Watertown wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:12 am
hannancoach wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:39 am I smell revenge

Eastern 16
Waterfrod 13
I hope you’re wrong. But playing that weak schedule the last part of the season did nothing to prepare us for the playoffs. I hope we’re ready.
First Waterford fan conceding. Good to know that they do have realistic fans after all.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Waterford gonna get slapped back to reality in a few days. Then I’ll remind them that we have pretty much everyone back next year. Gonna make some more history over the next few years beginning Friday night.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.

Return to “Football”