Portsmouth West 21 - 0 Columbus Academy 2022 Playoffs

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Round 2 Columbus Academy @ Portsmouth West

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:47 am Should be the best game of the week in Region19
I can’t see a better game Friday. Pulling for southern Ohio.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

West will hammer Academy.

ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

from watching the film Columbus academy's pass game does not look good since they lost their starting QB to injury. Their Rb will run hard, but as we all know, West has a very good run defense. If west can score on offense, which shouldn't be a problem I think they will win by 3 scores.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Rooting for West here. Would absolutely LOVE to see West vs. Ironton. West would be a slight dog obviously, but they'd have a shot! Would be a fun matchup.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

If they both win, where do you guys think the West/Ironton game would be?

Valley, Portsmouth, or Jackson

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

HERO wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:06 am If they both win, where do you guys think the West/Ironton game would be?

My guess would be Portsmouth cause it's plenty big enough to hold all the fans and last year thats where Burg beat Ironton in the playoffs the only problem is will Portsmouth say yes to host after just getting beat by Ironton or if portsmouth wins it would probably be played at Valley

Burg grad 85
SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

I’m thinking that Green would want to host that game…?
New stadium looks great and plenty of room to hold the crowd.
If not probably Valley or Portsmouth, If we can get the W.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:59 pm
HERO wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:06 am If they both win, where do you guys think the West/Ironton game would be?

My guess would be Portsmouth cause it's plenty big enough to hold all the fans and last year thats where Burg beat Ironton in the playoffs the only problem is will Portsmouth say yes to host after just getting beat by Ironton or if portsmouth wins it would probably be played at Valley
Didn't Portsmouth get beat by Ironton and still host the Ironton/Burg game? Lol

They not turning down all that money 🤑

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

SiderSam wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:07 pm I’m thinking that Green would want to host that game…?
New stadium looks great and plenty of room to hold the crowd.
If not probably Valley or Portsmouth, If we can get the W.
I totally forgot about green. Yes there facility looks amazing. They would be a good place to watch a game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Not nearly enough seating at Green

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Green would be nice but I don’t think the seating would be near enough.

We got to focus on CA though. I think we are hitting our stride at the perfect time, and above all else have gained confidence. The players genuinely do not care who they play, they think they can win. And that means a lot. Need everyone to stay healthy and keep rolling. This one being at home means a lot. My early prediction is 26-10 West. I don’t think they will be able to handle the physicality of Sissel while still respecting our pass game. With a backup QB I don’t think they will be able to pass effectively enough to beat us. Beep beep Siders, keep rolling

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to West!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

HERO wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:05 am Not nearly enough seating at Green
Don't let CA's record dissuade any of you, this team is battle-hardened by always playing up a division or two and it isn't against a bunch of slouches. The time CA played down to a D7 school, it was against a team from the Midwest Athletic Conf. Instead of discussing where West is going to play next week, some on here better hope Ironton isn't traveling to Chillicothe to play the Columbus Academy Vikings. :shock: :o :shock:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:06 pm
HERO wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:05 am Not nearly enough seating at Green
Don't let CA's record dissuade any of you, this team is battle-hardened by always playing up a division or two and it isn't against a bunch of slouches. The time CA played down to a D7 school, it was against a team from the Midwest Athletic Conf. Instead of discussing where West is going to play next week, some on here better hope Ironton isn't traveling to Chillicothe to play the Columbus Academy Vikings. :shock: :o :shock:
No one from West is overlooking CA. Nothing but respect over here. Everyone is excited about the opportunity that Ironton might be looming but all eyes are on the Vikings.

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

Not over looking CA at all. To be honest I’m a little worried about them lol. They’re athletic all around and we will need our “A” game to beat them. Mistake free Football is a must at this point.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

West has played together all year and is loaded with talent. I wouldn't be surprised if CA leads at some point in the game and tests West throughout, but I look for the Senators to come out with the win. I remember CA coming out with a 13-3 lead over 'Burg in 2017 then the Pirates ran through CA with their ground game in the second half. The physicality of this West team will cause CA problems, as well as Bishop and Tipton on the outside.

As the game goes along, I believe West's physical line will win out and the Senators will set the tempo. West has a great group of guys who are very tight-knit too, and that means so much when you get into playoff football environments like these.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

KCol wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:38 pm West has played together all year and is loaded with talent. I wouldn't be surprised if CA leads at some point in the game and tests West throughout, but I look for the Senators to come out with the win. I remember CA coming out with a 13-3 lead over 'Burg in 2017 then the Pirates ran through CA with their ground game in the second half. The physicality of this West team will cause CA problems, as well as Bishop and Tipton on the outside.

As the game goes along, I believe West's physical line will win out and the Senators will set the tempo. West has a great group of guys who are very tight-knit too, and that means so much when you get into playoff football environments like these.
I think that is a great point. A lot of these guys have been grinding since they were freshmen. Have been on the losing end of close games and taken their bruises. One great thing I’ll note about the program right now is the family culture. I’ve seen a lot of teams kind of get separated into classes and grouped. Hell when I played freshmen getting asked to dress was an honor. There isn’t any of that. There is seniors that hangout with sophomores and hangout every day on the weekends. Very tight knit and they believe in one another. In a close game I think little things like that will help them come out on top. I also completely agree that I think this could be a game where we are behind at some point. But our physicality and great physical shape will wear and tear on them.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

In 2017 Burg tried to play the spread on them and CA was able to shut them down with their athleticism. Burg came out in the 2nd half and started running the ball with a pass mixed in here and there and smacked them right in the mouth. They didn't like the physical play at all and I can see West pounding Sissel off tackle and controlling the clock.

By far the best game in R19 this week.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

I don’t think Valley can host a neutral site playoff game because they don’t have a fence around the field. I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve been told. They only playoff games I can think off that have been played at Valley were the 1 round home games that Valley played in. If anyone knows if Valleys stadium has held a neutral site playoff game please correct. I think Valley’s stadium would be a better site for Ironton/West if it happens. Both home sides seem equal in seating capacity but Valley’s away side is much larger than Portsmouth’s, Valley also has better concession food.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Will this be streamed anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Football”