Frustrated by what exactly?

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Re: Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:17 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:53 pm
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:57 pm

I know exactly how many fans would be at the Burg v Ironton game….. ZERO BECAUSE PREP BEAT BURG 👋🏾

No -1 thinks HP is not good b/c of attendance. It’s just shocking to see such a small crowd for such a successful team when they play.

Yes, overall numbers have dwindled, but ive literally not missed 1-IHS GAME since i left for FL IN 1997.

To address your point about being labeling undisciplined, you should look at stats closer.

IHS has had penalty bug overdrive for the past 4-years.
Last 3-games much better though.

If the D you saw friday does not appear good to you, then you will win

They stopped ALL west tried & held one of the top 5 backs they’ve played all years and entire squad to minimal yards.

Still capable of much more any film will provide, IMO…

Good luck!

Do you think Ironton will rush for over 100 yards and pass for over 200 vs HP ? Which do you think Ironton will have more success with, running or passing ?
Ill say this HP isnt scared of Ironton. The film I've seen of these teams they have played have been brutal lol These teams want no parts of IHS so its hard to get a good look at what they really have. Example prep isn't gonna rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage because they are afraid to get beat deep, they can match speed for speed and HPs Corners wont be lined up 10 yard's off of Perkins either. Preps gonna get pressure on 10 and make him make the perfect throw all night. Films showing that for what ever reason even when up big they still like to throw the ball around the park. Maybe just trying to keep the backs fresh or maybe they are just like the buckeyes and are kinda struggling getting the run game going. This one honestly is gonna come down to which coach has a better game plan and which one is willing to make adjustments if said game plan isn't working. No shot against Burg but these past two years they haven't made any adjustments at halftime and just tried to keep beating a dead horse and has been scoreless in the second half in back to back years now. Im not sure where this notion that IHS cant be considered "undisciplined" but HP can is coming from. IHS has turned the ball over just like HP did, IHS has had several penalties (8-90 yards last game) but still won just like HP has. And correct me if I'm wrong the last time we met up each team had maybe like 4 or 5 turn overs each! IHS had success running the ball last time we met but who would with Carrico back there lol I mean dont get me wrong #5 and #7 are good but they arent #28!

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:09 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:25 pm
BuckeyeBond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:25 pm Waverly is the perfect spot for this game in all honesty. Harvest Prep will literally have like 10 fans at the game. Really it seems like only the kids team parents that show up. So Ironton will actually be able to take over both sides of the stadium.
Its sad that some of you equate the amount of fans we have has anything to do with how much we love our kids and coaches. HP has only had a football team since 1998 and had never made the playoffs until 9 years ago when Our current head coach was hired. Coach Smith has led every singe one of his teams to the playoffs way before just about everyone made it in regardless of your record like it is now. We are not a small town school that has the backing of Generations that played and graduated like you all do. Hopefully one day it will be that way but at any rate Keep making all the little jokes you want but it will never change our warrior pride! Oh by the way we had more than 10 team parents on a wet chilly night in NY. We know SEO will be there cheering for Ironton and that’s awesome and I hope the atmosphere is electric! Many have been looking forward to this match up, Hell I was kinda bummed we didn’t get a shot at Ironton last year TBH but Burg gave us a great game! I know we’re new to D5 and region 19 but we respect SEO and the brand of ball yawl have down there! Good luck Tigers and Go Warriors! #PrepProud

CB1E1151-BEB9-43DB-802D-BC7DC504C3E5.jpeg
That was only a 45min drive for HP and that all the fans that showed? Thats sad
but they pack the gym at hp for basketball

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:03 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:09 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:25 pm

Its sad that some of you equate the amount of fans we have has anything to do with how much we love our kids and coaches. HP has only had a football team since 1998 and had never made the playoffs until 9 years ago when Our current head coach was hired. Coach Smith has led every singe one of his teams to the playoffs way before just about everyone made it in regardless of your record like it is now. We are not a small town school that has the backing of Generations that played and graduated like you all do. Hopefully one day it will be that way but at any rate Keep making all the little jokes you want but it will never change our warrior pride! Oh by the way we had more than 10 team parents on a wet chilly night in NY. We know SEO will be there cheering for Ironton and that’s awesome and I hope the atmosphere is electric! Many have been looking forward to this match up, Hell I was kinda bummed we didn’t get a shot at Ironton last year TBH but Burg gave us a great game! I know we’re new to D5 and region 19 but we respect SEO and the brand of ball yawl have down there! Good luck Tigers and Go Warriors! #PrepProud

CB1E1151-BEB9-43DB-802D-BC7DC504C3E5.jpeg
That was only a 45min drive for HP and that all the fans that showed? Thats sad
but they pack the gym at hp for basketball

Ok so someone is lying 🤥 🙄
B862E574-4F5C-480B-ADF0-5CDBF98F1699.jpeg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:36 pm

No -1 thinks HP is not good b/c of attendance. It’s just shocking to see such a small crowd for such a successful team when they play.

Yes, overall numbers have dwindled, but ive literally not missed 1-IHS GAME since i left for FL IN 1997.

To address your point about being labeling undisciplined, you should look at stats closer.

They stopped ALL west tried & held one of the top 5 backs they’ve played all years and entire squad to minimal yards.

Good luck!

Do you think Ironton will rush for over 100 yards and pass for over 200 vs HP ? Which do you think Ironton will have more success with, running or passing ?
Ill say this HP isnt scared of Ironton. The film I've seen of these teams they have played have been brutal lol These teams want no parts of IHS so its hard to get a good look at what they really have. Example prep isn't gonna rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage because they are afraid to get beat deep, they can match speed for speed and HPs Corners wont be lined up 10 yard's off of Perkins either. Preps gonna get pressure on 10 and make him make the perfect throw all night. Films showing that for what ever reason even when up big they still like to throw the ball around the park. Maybe just trying to keep the backs fresh or maybe they are just like the buckeyes and are kinda struggling getting the run game going. This one honestly is gonna come down to which coach has a better game plan and which one is willing to make adjustments if said game plan isn't working. No shot against Burg but these past two years they haven't made any adjustments at halftime and just tried to keep beating a dead horse and has been scoreless in the second half in back to back years now. Im not sure where this notion that IHS cant be considered "undisciplined" but HP can is coming from. IHS has turned the ball over just like HP did, IHS has had several penalties (8-90 yards last game) but still won just like HP has. And correct me if I'm wrong the last time we met up each team had maybe like 4 or 5 turn overs each! IHS had success running the ball last time we met but who would with Carrico back there lol I mean dont get me wrong #5 and #7 are good but they arent #28!
They didn’t make any changes on offense because they ran their strongest plays. They were a little limited with passing. Burg QB was more of a runner. HP did blanket burgs receivers one on one. And got more pressure on QB. I thought burg about stole one from prep. One things for sure, everytime you play burg, you’re going to get a well prepared, well coached team. Year end and year out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton needs to establish a run game. If they can run and make short passes, I like their chances.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Don’t underestimate the speed at LB and DB for Ironton, Keys #5, Carter #2, Perkins #3 and Young #8 are all legit 4.5 40 guys from being timed by laser at camps over the summer and all hold D1 offers. Barnes #32 was the DPOY at MLB and #15 Wilson has been a 4 year starter at CB. I know a lot of people don’t use 7v7 as a estimate on how good you are but Ironton went to Ohio state over the summer and finished in the final 4 after beating teams Like Winton woods and Massillon.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:30 pm Don’t underestimate the speed at LB and DB for Ironton, Keys #5, Carter #2, Perkins #3 and Young #8 are all legit 4.5 40 guys from being timed by laser at camps over the summer and all hold D1 offers. Barnes #32 was the DPOY at MLB and #15 Wilson has been a 4 year starter at CB. I know a lot of people don’t use 7v7 as a estimate on how good you are but Ironton went to Ohio state over the summer and finished in the final 4 after beating teams Like Winton woods and Massillon.
They do have fast guys. But that’s two hand touch. Without guys blitzing from all angles. Something I think both QBs will have to worry about

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:37 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:30 pm Don’t underestimate the speed at LB and DB for Ironton, Keys #5, Carter #2, Perkins #3 and Young #8 are all legit 4.5 40 guys from being timed by laser at camps over the summer and all hold D1 offers. Barnes #32 was the DPOY at MLB and #15 Wilson has been a 4 year starter at CB. I know a lot of people don’t use 7v7 as a estimate on how good you are but Ironton went to Ohio state over the summer and finished in the final 4 after beating teams Like Winton woods and Massillon.
They do have fast guys. But that’s two hand touch. Without guys blitzing from all angles. Something I think both QBs will have to worry about
Ironton's LB's are extremely quick and fly to the ball.
HP will have to work to run against them and Ironton's DB are greatly improved from the beginning of the year.
Ironton has shown they can make adjustments in a game so that will be a big key.
Have they faced a team as good as HP this year no but I believe playing Jackson helped them and Gallia Academy woke them up with their speed and Johnson Central with their power run game showed Ironton was able to adapt.
The Wheelersburg game though close was had to gage being it was the first game of the year for both teams but they both improved as the year went by.
West was a monster game for Ironton and the way they flat out came to play.
Ironton needs to keep that fire and mental attitude against HP if they do they will win by 2 scores if not they will be in for a long hard night.
Keys and Felder will be key to the running game setting up the passing game.
Can HP cover Perkins one on one if they double him Ironton will use Felder in the short game and he can run wild if totally healthy as can the other Ironton players.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:38 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:37 pm
Ironton's LB's are extremely quick and fly to the ball.
HP will have to work to run against them and Ironton's DB are greatly improved from the beginning of the year.
Ironton has shown they can make adjustments in a game so that will be a big key.
Have they faced a team as good as HP this year no but I believe playing Jackson helped them and Gallia Academy woke them up with their speed and Johnson Central with their power run game showed Ironton was able to adapt.
The Wheelersburg game though close was had to gage being it was the first game of the year for both teams but they both improved as the year went by.
West was a monster game for Ironton and the way they flat out came to play.
Ironton needs to keep that fire and mental attitude against HP if they do they will win by 2 scores if not they will be in for a long hard night.
Keys and Felder will be key to the running game setting up the passing game.
Can HP cover Perkins one on one if they double him Ironton will use Felder in the short game and he can run wild if totally healthy as can the other Ironton players.
[/quote

Finally, a post not far from stating ALL these boys are capable
of.

So much more too.

Coach P & team believe & they are ReT2Go!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I’ll take CalPreps prediction over Drew Pasteures lol

CalPreps

Ironton ———-- 28
Harvest Prep - 27

Drew Pasteur

Harvest Prep win by 1

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:09 pm I’ll take CalPreps prediction over Drew Pasteures lol

CalPreps

Ironton ———-- 28
Harvest Prep - 27

Drew Pasteur

Harvest Prep win by 1
Flipped it!!!

I agree!!!!

#GoTgo

2TheHouse
Waterboy

Post by 2TheHouse »

Good luck!

I HOPE they go speed for speed and press Perkins with no overtop help. It would be the first time a team has done that in 4 years. He’ll have himself a night.

Can’t wait until Friday. It’s gonna be a loooong week!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:13 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 am 35-21 Tigers

HP will get frustrated and it will result in penalties
Getting beat by a more physical team

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

2TheHouse wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:21 am

I HOPE they go speed for speed and press Perkins with no overtop help. It would be the first time a team has done that in 4 years. He’ll have himself a night.

Exactly. No way they do so. If so Perkins will win that battle

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Only a foolish coach would believe the Tigers are one dimensional. I do believe this game will come down to the hogs in the trenches. Control the line, in O and D, and you control the game and outcome. Load the box and the tigers beat you over the top. Play soft and the tigers beat you Woody Hayes style. If HP can't put constant pressure on the QB this game will be the Tigers.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

2TheHouse wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:21 am

I never said they are going to press #3 with now overtop help 😆 however I did say they they won’t be off him 10 yards pre snap because they are scared.

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

FIDO wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:44 am Only a foolish coach would believe the Tigers are one dimensional. I do believe this game will come down to the hogs in the trenches. Control the line, in O and D, and you control the game and outcome. Load the box and the tigers beat you over the top. Play soft and the tigers beat you Woody Hayes style. If HP can't put constant pressure on the QB this game will be the Tigers.
That goes the same for both teams wouldnt you agree?

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:24 am
HumbleAndHungry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:13 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 am 35-21 Tigers

HP will get frustrated and it will result in penalties
Getting beat by a more physical team
😂 oh the whole HP is undisciplined thing again yea ok. Imma spin it like this IHS will be the one getting frustrated. They had 8 penalties for 90 yards last week playing way less talented kids in a blow out. Id love to see how they play with frustration setting in.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

There is something seriously wrong with this guy. I have never in my 14 years on this site seen someone so obsessed with one school or town. He's on the Ironton thread for Fridays game with Harvest Prep and still posts nothing but BS about the Burg. It must be sad being a grown man living in your moms basement covered in Cheeto dust from your breasts (yes, he has breasts I'm sure) down.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”