D4 tournament draw!

Harambe
Riding the Bench

D4 tournament draw!

Post by Harambe »

Is it to early to talk about seeding for the tournament draw?

I think 1-4 are pretty locked up. Seems to be a toss up for the rest of Division 4!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: D4 tournament draw!

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Is it ever TOO early??

Preliminary seeding based on the current MartinRPI rankings. Below are the D-IV tournament matchups .

FYI - Ignore most of the dates. They haven't been updated yet.

Post by Harambe »

Love it! Like I said, 6 and up is such a toss up! Depending on what goes on the rest of the season before the draw. I would say that trimble, waterford st joe will all move down. Eastern has a chance to steal the 5, if they beat valley and or burg! But they also have the chance to fall to that 8-9 game with losses to them!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The more I look at Martin RPI, the more I think the entire state will be using it for seeding in the upcoming years.

I know NEO or NWO is already trying it out this year..... and looking at the above bracket, it looks pretty accurate to me. Any chance you have to take coaching bias / coaches voting together to help themselves out of the equation --- the more fair you're going to have it.

It may not be perfect, but I do think it'll eventually be what OHSAA uses.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SW will be the 5-7 seed

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Lets look at the teams who are legit. Lots of pretenders in that bracket. i expect good things out of Trimble, Fed Hocking, Ironton St Jude, amd maybe one other.

Trimble and Fed are pretty solid. St Jude is a late bloomer and people better not sleep on them.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am The more I look at Martin RPI, the more I think the entire state will be using it for seeding in the upcoming years.

I know NEO or NWO is already trying it out this year..... and looking at the above bracket, it looks pretty accurate to me. Any chance you have to take coaching bias / coaches voting together to help themselves out of the equation --- the more fair you're going to have it.

It may not be perfect, but I do think it'll eventually be what OHSAA uses.
Maybe so, But it has its flaws for sure. Like Western just drilled St. Joe and they are still behind them? I get they split with them this year, and St. Joe was down their big guy this game and he is out for the year. RPI cant justify or quantify things like that. I definitely like MartinsRPI so I am not saying we shouldnt use it.

But we will see what happens in the next two weeks. A lot of big games to watch out for. Swanker, Love your posts and funny stuff you say but you're high if you think they are a 5-7 seed lol.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

You just wait and see. Paging @Ironman92

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Howie will work his magic and get the Tomcats right where they need to be in the draw. You just wait and see if you don’t believe me. The only people more intimidated by Howie than the refs is the other coaches in D4. That’s why he gets the good draws every year.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:34 am You just wait and see. Paging @Ironman92
Oh I know.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:34 am You just wait and see. Paging @Ironman92
And that just solidified it lol

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

How bout one of these for D3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And 5-9 Whiteoak just knocked off 13-2 Fayetteville

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:56 pm And 5-9 Whiteoak just knocked off 13-2 Fayetteville
Of course they did. The SHAC is quality.

bearcat12
Waterboy

Post by bearcat12 »

Was hoping PV could slide into the 3 seed to avoid Fairfield but SW looks like a solid 3 with the win tonight.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bearcat12 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:39 pm Was hoping PV could slide into the 3 seed to avoid Fairfield but SW looks like a solid 3 with the win tonight.
Your boys will be prepared for tournament. I have no doubts.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Top 4 definitely seems pretty solidified, just depends on where people want to put 2-3-4 (Fairfield is obviously one.) South Webster by far the toughest schedule, Fed Hock playing the best ball, and Paint Valley is right there also. Could see it going either way.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:04 am Top 4 definitely seems pretty solidified, just depends on where people want to put 2-3-4 (Fairfield is obviously one.) South Webster by far the toughest schedule, Fed Hock playing the best ball, and Paint Valley is right there also. Could see it going either way.
How much better is Webster's scheudle/results than Federal Hocking? The Lancers have played an unusually tough schedule all year.

Started the season breaking in 3 new starters and lost to the No. 9 team in the state Caldwell 72-66. Turned around and lost to D2 Alexander. Since then they have won 13 staright games including wins over D2 Morgan, D2 Athens and D2 Vinton County, who was Pfloyd's No. 8 team this week. Also on the resume are wins over Paint Valley, Western Lathem and Trimble. Coming up are two more games versus D2 Marietta and another league clash with Trimble. The game I'm probably most worried about though is at Belpre. The Eagles are (9-7), but playing at the Eagles Nest can be incredibly difficult sometimes. And, at the end of the day, seed's 2 & 3 don't even matter that much unless you want to pick the uniform color. lol

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Webster should definitely be the 2 or 3 seed. They have quality wins against Valley, Jackson, Eastern Pike, Green and Notre Dame. Their 3 losses are to Minford, Valley, and Burg; All single digit losses.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MattyIce wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:17 am Webster should definitely be the 2 or 3 seed. They have quality wins against Valley, Jackson, Eastern Pike, Green and Notre Dame. Their 3 losses are to Minford, Valley, and Burg; All single digit losses.
Minford was a 22 point game, but besides that, I agree with your post.

Return to “Boys Basketball”