August 25, 2023 Belpre 0 - 62 Fort Frye

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye (1-0) @ Belpre (0-1)

Post by Bucknuts88 »

His other boys graduated from Warren. I don't think Kevin has much allegiance to FF. I don't know the details of what FF offered or didn't offer. But to me it makes more sense to drive 2 miles to a game as opposed to 20. And you can say every team has an advantage when the play Belpre. That's fair. But you know who doesn't think that way? Those kids. They deserve to play in front of a home atmosphere. We're trying to change a culture here in Belpre. Giving away our home field just because we're going to get killed anyway is no way to think.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:50 pm His other boys graduated from Warren. I don't think Kevin has much allegiance to FF. I don't know the details of what FF offered or didn't offer. But to me it makes more sense to drive 2 miles to a game as opposed to 20. And you can say every team has an advantage when the play Belpre. That's fair. But you know who doesn't think that way? Those kids. They deserve to play in front of a home atmosphere. We're trying to change a culture here in Belpre. Giving away our home field just because we're going to get killed anyway is no way to think.
Trying to build a culture doesn't happen during the season, hopefully belpre will eventually learn that again. Having a home atmosphere is understandable, but it will be interesting to see how many belpre fans actually show up. Hopefully alot, but we will see. Lastly, noone said give up home field because you're going to lose anyway. It's about helping a fellow ohio school out that is in the same type economic situation as belpre. We at ff and waterord have that sense of community, which in turn helps cement our culture in sports and in life. Kevin showed his true self with the way he left our staff, he cemented it with this. Good luck to both teams and hope all players come out in good health

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Welsh has nothing in this. The decision to go to PHS was made by those above him. Simple thing would have been to switch this years site with next year. However, I am sure the powers to be decided that even after paying to use PHS field Belpre is still ahead money wise.

The new track isn't done and won't be by this Friday. Plus, the sod along the track that was removed for this, it does extend into the playing surface, has not been completely repaired and has created a safety issue for the players.

Why screw up a $500,000+ track upgrade AND put player safety at risk for a football game when FF can travel 3 more miles and play on a turf field?

This moving the game to PHS does not increase Belpre's chances of winning the game by 1 iota.

Sounds like someone at FF has an axe to grind with our coach and if so do it in person and not behind a computer screen.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:07 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:50 pm His other boys graduated from Warren. I don't think Kevin has much allegiance to FF. I don't know the details of what FF offered or didn't offer. But to me it makes more sense to drive 2 miles to a game as opposed to 20. And you can say every team has an advantage when the play Belpre. That's fair. But you know who doesn't think that way? Those kids. They deserve to play in front of a home atmosphere. We're trying to change a culture here in Belpre. Giving away our home field just because we're going to get killed anyway is no way to think.
Trying to build a culture doesn't happen during the season, hopefully belpre will eventually learn that again. Having a home atmosphere is understandable, but it will be interesting to see how many belpre fans actually show up. Hopefully alot, but we will see. Lastly, noone said give up home field because you're going to lose anyway. It's about helping a fellow ohio school out that is in the same type economic situation as belpre. We at ff and waterord have that sense of community, which in turn helps cement our culture in sports and in life. Kevin showed his true self with the way he left our staff, he cemented it with this. Good luck to both teams and hope all players come out in

You Said we should willingly give up home field because every team has an advantage against us, anyway. That advantage is that we are terrible. What you're saying is we should put your school above our kids who deserve to play in a home atmosphere, which is pretty selfish way to look at it IMO.

Seems to me like this whole beef you have is with Kevin Welsh. And this is a pretty petty thing to get torqued off about. You were going to have to make this drive anyway. What's the difference in adding 5 more minutes?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

BJCassady wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:48 am Welsh has nothing in this. The decision to go to PHS was made by those above him. Simple thing would have been to switch this years site with next year. However, I am sure the powers to be decided that even after paying to use PHS field Belpre is still ahead money wise.

The new track isn't done and won't be by this Friday. Plus, the sod along the track that was removed for this, it does extend into the playing surface, has not been completely repaired and has created a safety issue for the players.

Why screw up a $500,000+ track upgrade AND put player safety at risk for a football game when FF can travel 3 more miles and play on a turf field?

This moving the game to PHS does not increase Belpre's chances of winning the game by 1 iota.

Sounds like someone at FF has an axe to grind with our coach and if so do it in person and not behind a computer screen.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Never said it should be played at belpre. Project isn't done, so game should be moved. No beef with Welsh, just found it interesting and frustrating that ff was told one thing and then another. Going a extra few miles isn't the point and you know that. Whoever had a hand in the decision, administration and/or coach, I think they chose wrong. Either way, it's done now.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Did not think we’d get this much traction on this game.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

BJCassady wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:48 am Welsh has nothing in this. The decision to go to PHS was made by those above him. Simple thing would have been to switch this years site with next year. However, I am sure the powers to be decided that even after paying to use PHS field Belpre is still ahead money wise.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Actually I am now glad this game is at phs. After hearing what happened to Warren's locker room after the game last week glad belpre isn't coming here.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:01 am

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Actually I am now glad this game is at phs. After hearing what happened to Warren's locker room after the game last week glad belpre isn't coming here.
Nothing happened to the Warren locker room. Don't know who your sources are but it was left clean and NO DAMAGE.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:01 am

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

This is 100% false. Either made up by you, or you have unreliable sources. Again, know what you're talking about before spewing nonsense

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Guess who is back?
Attachments
IMG_3885.jpeg

NotFunnyAtAll
Waterboy

Post by NotFunnyAtAll »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 am Did not think we’d get this much traction on this game.
Coach Huck is that you??

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NotFunnyAtAll wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:31 am
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 am Did not think we’d get this much traction on this game.
Coach Huck is that you??
Everyone knows who I am. I’m not coach Huck.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Clayton Miller ran back opening kick 92 yards.

7-0

Fort

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ross Schulthies 38 yard Td

14-0

8:26 1st

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

3 yard Td pass Huck to Miller

21-0

3:39

1st Qt

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

2 yard Td Run by Miller

28-0

Fort

14 seconds 1st

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ayden Holman pick 6.

Fort Frye 35

Belpre 0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Td Ross Schulthies

41-0

7:12

Second

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

55 Td Run by Huck

48-0

2:28 Second

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

48-0

Half

Scary scene for Belpre as 22 is down. Prayers.

Return to “Football”