All Conference

Re: Gallia academy v/s Fairland

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

40/28

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Wow! Another headscratcher on use of timeouts. You HAVE to get a stop on 3rd and 2 and you don't use a timeout? Unreal!

JosephLeeB9
Waterboy

Post by JosephLeeB9 »

gallia coach showed how NOT to coach a football game

Baffling

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

JosephLeeB9 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:44 pm gallia coach showed how NOT to coach a football game

Baffling
I get what they were hoping for, but you absolutely have to take those timeouts rightbat half and definitely the last 3rd and 2. You just have to.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: September 22, 2023 Fairland 40 - 35 Gallia Academy

Post by mattash »

September 22, 2023 Fairland 40 - 35 Gallia Academy

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Barney wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:40 pm
Jonjon wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:47 am
loganlocos wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:09 am This is the kind of game that Gallia Academy wins historically. Only the Fighting Tigers tend to trip up GAHS when they are firing on all cylinders.

Look for a comfortable GAHS win.
IF they win it won’t be comfortable. This is going to be a shootout. Fairland is not as bad as they looked against Ironton if that is what your going by. They had a terrible game.
I’m taking the dragons in a close one at home.
And if you are sayn Fairland is all that because they beat Wellston, Trimble and Rock Hill when they should've beat them...easy to have a good game and look like all americans!! But when it came to real competition with Ironton they played scared!! Couldn't stop them at all!! Only way they scored was off a turnover... I'm not sayn Fairland is bad but they aren't as good as everyone is sayn when they play good teams...had to beat west on a last second play...I think this game will be a good game.
Why do you think now Barney? Just curious..

Barney
Waterboy

Post by Barney »

Jonjon wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:43 am
Jonjon wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:47 am

IF they win it won’t be comfortable. This is going to be a shootout. Fairland is not as bad as they looked against Ironton if that is what your going by. They had a terrible game.
I’m taking the dragons in a close one at home.
And if you are sayn Fairland is all that because they beat Wellston, Trimble and Rock Hill when they should've beat them...easy to have a good game and look like all americans!! But when it came to real competition with Ironton they played scared!! Couldn't stop them at all!! Only way they scored was off a turnover... I'm not sayn Fairland is bad but they aren't as good as everyone is sayn when they play good teams...had to beat west on a last second play...I think this game will be a good game.
I think it was a great game...glad to see Fairland played a good solid team and win. I still stand by what I said.. you and everybody being so arrogant over beating sub par teams. Fairland has a good team but some of the play calls towards the end just about cost them!! Even down to tryn to run clock out. Why run the ball when all u need to do is kneel it?? What happens if he fumbles the ball...I mean come on, decisions like that can and will bite you in the butt eventually...but over all congrats to the Dragons, good win and should secure playoff with getting big points from Gallia...

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Told you fellas that GA would lose. They just aren’t that good this year.

I know, I was D1 fellas
riverRat52
Riding the Bench

Post by riverRat52 »

Barney wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:09 am
Jonjon wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:43 am
I think it was a great game...glad to see Fairland played a good solid team and win. I still stand by what I said.. you and everybody being so arrogant over beating sub par teams. Fairland has a good team but some of the play calls towards the end just about cost them!! Even down to tryn to run clock out. Why run the ball when all u need to do is kneel it?? What happens if he fumbles the ball...I mean come on, decisions like that can and will bite you in the butt eventually...but over all congrats to the Dragons, good win and should secure playoff with getting big points from Gallia...
Barney you were rather arrogant about beating even worse teams

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Fairland hasn’t played a team with a losing record. They’ve beaten 5-1 Gallia and 5-1 PWest. Both of those 1’s are to Fairland. Not sure how you keep talking about their schedule. It’s not irontons schedule, but Fairland isn’t ironton either.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Wow!!!!!

Had a LOOONNNGGG/HARRD Work week & am omly off today.

I was listening to this audio on drive hone from work
Last night.

When i got home & saw The FighTing Tigers handled ChesaPeake, i found this game on FAIRLAND youtube channel.

I was shocked, but then not, to see FairLand breakaway & truly outplay Gallia.
FalrLand Flexxed & knocked Gallia back to the bus & the river ride home.

I truly thought Gallia was better, based on minimal video highlights ive seen on youtube &”certain” fans postings about how strong they were this year.

BUT FairLand has faced much tougher competition & it served them well.

Gallia needs to schedule up prior to OVC core play, IMO, because the OVC is stronger & there are several teams of capable play & success because of this & its evident, that those core teams are all “grouped” together as toss-ups now, & this game is an example of that.

Good Job FairLand & Good Luck the rest of the season.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

RJShifko wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:18 pm Athletically I think these two teams match up very similarly. The difference in this game I think comes down to who can establish their dominance at the LOS.
Gallia likes to run the ball and use their speed kids in space will Fairland be able to slow them down? For Fairland to win their front 7 has to have a strong night and play good football in space.
Fairland likes to play fast they love to throw the quick screens and get the ball to their players on the edge. For Gallia they have to slow down the Fairland passing game they have to be able to create pressure and eliminate Fairland ability to run after the catch.
That’s the two things I will be watching for in this game. It should be a big game on paper I think this is the best game in the area Friday night
Buddy you nailed it what you said Gallia needs to stop is exactly what Fairland did Fairland dominated the line both sides and had big yards after catch

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Mc1196 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:11 pm
RJShifko wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:18 pm Athletically I think these two teams match up very similarly. The difference in this game I think comes down to who can establish their dominance at the LOS.
Gallia likes to run the ball and use their speed kids in space will Fairland be able to slow them down? For Fairland to win their front 7 has to have a strong night and play good football in space.
Fairland likes to play fast they love to throw the quick screens and get the ball to their players on the edge. For Gallia they have to slow down the Fairland passing game they have to be able to create pressure and eliminate Fairland ability to run after the catch.
That’s the two things I will be watching for in this game. It should be a big game on paper I think this is the best game in the area Friday night
Buddy you nailed it what you said Gallia needs to stop is exactly what Fairland did Fairland dominated the line both sides and had big yards after catch

Thanks my guy. I know a few things about this game lol.

Return to “Football”