2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Tri_State79
Varsity

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by Tri_State79 »

Outoftowner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:13 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:05 pm
Outoftowner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:22 pm Massillon finally won a championship on the field, thanks in large part to Owen’s and Pringle who both transferred in from Copley. Teams like TCC, Hoban, St. Eds, Massillon, Lasalle, Moeller live on transfers. Liberty Center has a high CB number for a smallish public school. Preps entire football culture is centered on transfers. That’s the nature of the game now. Ironton needs to score 2 or 3 athletic down lineman on both sides of the ball to go with the skill position players. If they don’t I don’t see them winning a state championship in the foreseeable future. If they do and can cut down on mistakes they have a shot. I read somewhere that Perry and Liberty Center both return lots of kids next year. It won’t get any easier.
They already have talent up front. They need more discipline in their technique and the overall culture has to improve to win titles. As long as teams like Ironton and Burg have "at least we made the playoffs look how many didnt" adults, that's gonna be a tough task.
They have size upfront. I have no idea how talented they are. Hopefully the kids they have have the ability to move their feet and get some decent coaching.
Yes. Technique, discipline, athleticism.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:06 pm
Outoftowner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:22 pm Massillon finally won a championship on the field, thanks in large part to Owen’s and Pringle who both transferred in from Copley. Teams like TCC, Hoban, St. Eds, Massillon, Lasalle, Moeller live on transfers. Liberty Center has a high CB number for a smallish public school. Preps entire football culture is centered on transfers. That’s the nature of the game now. Ironton needs to score 2 or 3 athletic down lineman on both sides of the ball to go with the skill position players. If they don’t I don’t see them winning a state championship in the foreseeable future. If they do and can cut down on mistakes they have a shot. I read somewhere that Perry and Liberty Center both return lots of kids next year. It won’t get any easier.

"Homegrown Burg" fans are gonna take this hard. Lol.

So what do they want?

Homegrown & 0 - 4 vs Prep or.....gasp...."recruits?"
Kirtland won with no transfers. Hope Ironton doesn’t my take that too hard.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:38 pm

So what do they want?

Burg needs to recruit Tiger Leverde lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:39 pm

So what do they want?

Ironton needs him more than Burg. Maybe IHS can get Lutz back and relive 1989.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:43 pm

Maybe Burg can get him and get past the regional semis more than 3 times in the last 25 years or so? Lmao

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Ironton and Burg are pretty equal coaching wise. Ironton has the talent edge. Same with Prep. Lol. Burg just ain't got the dogs every year. I suspect Ironton and Prep will though.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:00 pm

Ironton and Burg are pretty equal coaching wise. Ironton has the talent edge. Same with Prep. Lol. Burg just ain't got the dogs every year. I suspect Ironton and Prep will though.
And that's why Burg 0 - 4 vs Prep
Ironton 3 - 1 vs Prep.

Also why Ironton has won the region more times in the last 6 seasons than Burg has in about the last 30 years. Burg fans say their coaching is better than Ironton under Pendleton, but Pendletons teams have performed better than burgs teams. If it's not coaching what is it? Lol

Don't have the dawgs. Lol
Same with Prep.
Burg has the best coaching but not enough talent. "Homegrown" was O for vs Ironton Jackson and Prep the last 2 seasons. "Superior coaching" obviously can't get the job done.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

So when burg fans say they have superior coaching but Burg folds then Burg fans are really kinda saying the product on the field is kinda soft right? Cause it's not the "superior" coaching. Can't be. Lol. So it's what's on the field for those superior coaches. The product is soft. Lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:08 pm

So when burg fans say they have superior coaching but Burg folds then Burg fans are really kinda saying the product on the field is kinda soft right? Cause it's not the "superior" coaching. Can't be. Lol. So it's what's on the field for those superior coaches. The product is soft. Lol
When Burg fans claim their coaching is superior, they are comparing it to Ironton. Not Kirtland, not ML, just Ironton. The team and program that’s been doing less with more since 1989.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Next year Ironton needs to get back to running the ball more. You have some outstanding running backs along with a sophomore QB that has great moves and a good arm. The line play will get better when you do this along with the backs getting multiple carries in a game. Ironton abandon the run game last year and it cost them dearly.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:03 pm

Ironton 3 - 1 vs Prep.

Also why Ironton has won the region more times in the last 6 seasons than Burg has in about the last 30 years. Burg fans say their coaching is better than Ironton under Pendleton, but Pendletons teams have performed better than burgs teams. If it's not coaching what is it? Lol

Same with Prep.
Burg has the best coaching but not enough talent. "Homegrown" was O for vs Ironton Jackson and Prep the last 2 seasons. "Superior coaching" obviously can't get the job done.
You do realize Burg’s coaching and homegrown talent won a state title in 2017? So obviously it can get the job done.

As for Ironton, they have a massive advantage when it comes to talent. Unfortunately coaching has been their problem.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

It’s easier to run block than to pass block.Stop the run and run the ball. :roll: :roll:

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:39 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:08 pm

When Burg fans claim their coaching is superior, they are comparing it to Ironton. Not Kirtland, not ML, just Ironton. The team and program that’s been doing less with more since 1989.
I can just give ya the better coaching for giggles. OK and? That means Irontons talent is still outperforming burgs talent & better coaching. Lol Consistently now every season. Same with Prep. Outperforming Burg consistently. So the coaching is better Burg says. OK. Bet. Then the talent is mediocre is what's being said. Who's fault is that? Call Coach and tell him get on the phone. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:19 am

Ironton 3 - 1 vs Prep.

Same with Prep.
You do realize Burg’s coaching and homegrown talent won a state title in 2017? So obviously it can get the job done.

As for Ironton, they have a massive advantage when it comes to talent. Unfortunately coaching has been their problem.
All that superior coaching and culture Burg talks about outta outrecruit Ironton easy yea? Irontons a dirty hood school. Bad academics. Corrupt coaches. Lol Buncha criminals and cheaters they say. Burg is the "land of milk and honey" in seo hear some tell it, while on their way to their jobs in a whole other zip code. 🤣 So the arms race should be a win for superior culture Burg lol.

Homegrown Burg has to do something. Superior coaching can't put the pads on. lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:20 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:19 am

Ironton 3 - 1 vs Prep.

Same with Prep.

All that superior coaching and culture Burg talks about outta outrecruit Ironton easy yea? Irontons a dirty hood school. Bad academics. Corrupt coaches. Lol Buncha criminals and cheaters they say. Burg is the "land of milk and honey" in seo hear some tell it, while on their way to their jobs in a whole other zip code. 🤣 So the arms race should be a win for superior culture Burg lol.

Homegrown Burg has to do something. Superior coaching can't put the pads on. lol
That’s a lot of talk given that HP has never won a state title, and Ironton hasn’t lifted the trophy since 1989. Get back to me when all the talent finally pays off.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton will be just fine their head Coach is still young the line is still rough yes but the talent is there to win.
Ironton has come a long way from their down years and that was just 6 years ago.
I can't speak for Burg I do not know enough about them to praise them or put them down and that just the simple truth on that.
As for HP they have a large area to pull from larger than Ironton or Burg does.
But I do believe as Ironton's coach learns from his miscues in coaching decisions I will will give Prep run for the money every year.
As for Ironton and Burg as long as they both continue to play each other for the first game of the season it will continue being a low scoring and close game as both teams will still be figuring out an identity after 2 weeks of practice.
just my 2 cents

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bishop Hartley @ Ironton should be a dandy next year

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:31 am Bishop Hartley @ Ironton should be a dandy next year
Hartley plays quite a schedule to they will be tough

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:32 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:20 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:15 pm And for the record. Last woman I put my hands on was your woman. But she liked that.
Probably because ole Trans_state is as soft as Ironton looked again HP. Another year of underachieving and not even winning the region despite all the transfers. Soft is all I can think. :mrgreen:
I can forward you my info and you can test the theory. Let me know.
Still waiting on that info, softy. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:16 am
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:32 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:20 pm

Probably because ole Trans_state is as soft as Ironton looked again HP. Another year of underachieving and not even winning the region despite all the transfers. Soft is all I can think. :mrgreen:
I can forward you my info and you can test the theory. Let me know.
Still waiting on that info, softy. :mrgreen:
don't hold your breath. He is a chicken.

Return to “Football”