Eastern Pike vs. Chesapeake

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Chesapeake

Post by Hoopie74 »

Great season Eagles. Congrats to the seniors who learned some great life lessons this year. Good luck.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to Coach Davis and the Chesapeake Panthers - big win over a very good Eastern Pike team to get the official invite to Basketball 30 ! ... the youngsters got it done a year before they were EXPECTED to get it done ... You won't look out of place wearing your purple & white now peake71 !!! the Panthers will be in the house !!!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

only caught the second half of this one but from what I saw eastern looked like they did not wanna be there and that they were taking Chesapeake lightly. Peake brought all the intensity and really played a perfect second half IMO. Congrats to the Coach and the players on the win

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Panthers on a nice win and advancing to the Convo.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd our Panthers made it back and I will wear it proudly. In my opinion the Peake played two of their best games all year to win the sectional.
To the fair weather fans Coach Davis is one of the areas best coaches. We have been down the past couple years but not out.
We are back to the Convo let's the Panthers roar.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Reds Fan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:11 pm only caught the second half of this one but from what I saw eastern looked like they did not wanna be there and that they were taking Chesapeake lightly. Peake brought all the intensity and really played a perfect second half IMO. Congrats to the Coach and the players on the win
Eastern had a 20-11 lead early 2nd quarter, and I believe it was from that point on they were outcoached and outplayed. I think Peak went on a 13-0 run, and really just dominated from early 2nd quarter on. Eastern just wasn't crisp with their passes, as I listened on the radio I don't know how many times I heard tipped pass, tipped pass, bad pass turnover. I predicted Peak would start out in the press but would back off early, was told they didn't press after a bit but played a strong 2-3 spread zone defense that just gave Eastern problems. They didn't feed it in to Miller and settled for a lot of jumper and 3s. Great game by Peak and Eastern just picked the worst possible time of the year to play their worst game. Tough pill to swallow for the seniors as I'm sure they were all wanting to get back to the convo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:51 pm Pfloyd our Panthers made it back and I will wear it proudly. In my opinion the Peake played two of their best games all year to win the sectional.
To the fair weather fans Coach Davis is one of the areas best coaches. We have been down the past couple years but not out.
We are back to the Convo let's the Panthers roar.
... it will be like all is right in the world seeing the peace take the floor of the Convo ! ... looks like Coach Davis has the youngsters attention... thought when I watched the Fairland game that was a low point as I believe they lost their next game as well ... see you at the Convo peake71

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pflod the Fairland game I think was the low point for the boys. Lost to Coal GRove by 3 and Gallia by 4. They have a different attitude I think.
See you at the convo.

Oldhickory82
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldhickory82 »

To the boys of e.p. I remember walking out of rock hill in 92 when da burg upset my no.1 a.p. panthers...stung like hell..you boys had a hell of team..hold ur head high...if u need modern inspiration think about uva Cavs getting beat by umbc and how they are playing this year...hang in there

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to Coach Davis, his staff, and the Panthers on the win......and to Peake71 also. Thought Eastern would go farther but the Peake was a sneaky 7 seed at Jackson.

I'll be there Saturday to watch the Panthers.

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:21 pm Congrats to Peake, sounded like Eastern really struggled with the zone peake was running.
Most watch it and swear it’s man to man. Coach Davis match up zone is one of the best out there.

If you seen the game Eastern never got into any flow offensively. I thought after halftime adjustments would’ve been made. But
They couldn’t get any good looks. Figured they would overload it but they never did.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

DMUP wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:21 pm Congrats to Peake, sounded like Eastern really struggled with the zone peake was running.
Most watch it and swear it’s man to man. Coach Davis match up zone is one of the best out there.

If you seen the game Eastern never got into any flow offensively. I thought after halftime adjustments would’ve been made. But
They couldn’t get any good looks. Figured they would overload it but they never did.
Totally agree, my prediction was that Peake would possibly have a lead at half but adjustments would be made and the seniors would pull it out. However they didn't seem to be able to get the ball to Miller and aloud Peake to dictate the pace. Not to mention the carelessness with the ball just an overall off night. Radio said the were running a 2-3 spread zone really challenging players farther from the basket which left openings in the middle but couldn't capitalize.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 pm
DMUP wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Totally agree, my prediction was that Peake would possibly have a lead at half but adjustments would be made and the seniors would pull it out. However they didn't seem to be able to get the ball to Miller and aloud Peake to dictate the pace. Not to mention the carelessness with the ball just an overall off night. Radio said the were running a 2-3 spread zone really challenging players farther from the basket which left openings in the middle but couldn't capitalize.
It's hard to admit it sometimes, but there are times when it's just not your night. There is enough talent there, the coaching is there, but for various reasons, it's just not going to happen.

Return to “Boys Basketball”