Questioning coaches and their decisions.

User avatar
qualified101
SEO
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Re: Rules Clarification

Post by qualified101 »

i caught army in a couple of lies and called him on it. next thing i know im getting profanity laced pms that say i dont know what im talking about. when i gave my sources and army couldnt give any sources to his lies, he just decided to pm me a bunch of times with namecalling and profanity. not sure what he did to get kicked off but he is an idiot and sometimes just makes up things, specially when it comes to his doom and gloom sky is falling seoal falling apart predictions. just my two cents.



wobycat
SEOP
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by wobycat »

Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.



greygoose
SEOP
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.
Halarious, of course it's ok for fans to question coaches decisions, they're not going to be right all of the time. Coaches questions the referees, the fans question the referees, I've watched players react and question the referees, there's times when coaches just make head scratching moves and let's be honest it's high school football these guys aren't professionals so yeah they're going to make mistakes as well.



wobycat
SEOP
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm
wobycat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.
Halarious, of course it's ok for fans to question coaches decisions, they're not going to be right all of the time. Coaches questions the referees, the fans question the referees, I've watched players react and question the referees, there's times when coaches just make head scratching moves and let's be honest it's high school football these guys aren't professionals so yeah they're going to make mistakes as well.
Heck I gripe at college coaches. It is a tough job to coach but don’t say put my name in the hat when I complain. I hate that. Just let me be a fan. Lol



vladimir
All State
Posts: 1424
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by vladimir »

That's a major part of why we have this forum, right? If a coach get on here and gets offended by what people are say, then they don't have anywhere near the thick skin it take to be a coach in the first place.
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.


The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Ed Ott
JV Team
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Ed Ott »

greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm
wobycat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.
Halarious, of course it's ok for fans to question coaches decisions, they're not going to be right all of the time. Coaches questions the referees, the fans question the referees, I've watched players react and question the referees, there's times when coaches just make head scratching moves and let's be honest it's high school football these guys aren't professionals so yeah they're going to make mistakes as well.
It’s hilarious that you can’t spell “hilarious”

As for the topic. It’s ok but so many can’t keep a level head about it. Coaches have a plan and they don’t ask our opinions, or care. Good coaches have thick enough skin to take it but I guess good coaches don’t get questioned as much.



Beergogglebluez
All Conference
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’ve complained about the bengals coach for 9 games lol



greygoose
SEOP
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by greygoose »

Ed Ott wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm
greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm
wobycat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.
Halarious, of course it's ok for fans to question coaches decisions, they're not going to be right all of the time. Coaches questions the referees, the fans question the referees, I've watched players react and question the referees, there's times when coaches just make head scratching moves and let's be honest it's high school football these guys aren't professionals so yeah they're going to make mistakes as well.
It’s hilarious that you can’t spell “hilarious”

As for the topic. It’s ok but so many can’t keep a level head about it. Coaches have a plan and they don’t ask our opinions, or care. Good coaches have thick enough skin to take it but I guess good coaches don’t get questioned as much.
yeah get to typing to fast, ;) I think that's what that red line under the word was for also. :lol: :lol: I think it sounds better that way.



Ed Ott
JV Team
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Ed Ott »

greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:24 pm
Ed Ott wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm
greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm


Halarious, of course it's ok for fans to question coaches decisions, they're not going to be right all of the time. Coaches questions the referees, the fans question the referees, I've watched players react and question the referees, there's times when coaches just make head scratching moves and let's be honest it's high school football these guys aren't professionals so yeah they're going to make mistakes as well.
It’s hilarious that you can’t spell “hilarious”

As for the topic. It’s ok but so many can’t keep a level head about it. Coaches have a plan and they don’t ask our opinions, or care. Good coaches have thick enough skin to take it but I guess good coaches don’t get questioned as much.
yeah get to typing to fast, ;) I think that's what that red line under the word was for also. :lol: :lol: I think it sounds better that way.
Troo



Omega
SEO
Posts: 2832
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: UpState SC

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Omega »

The anonymity of a *fan* forum gives license to post things we would be very reluctant to tell a coach face to face. I am sure coaches do not surf the forums for our nuggets of wisdom. At best, the forums allow for us to pound our chests in make believe glory or at least to vent frustrations.


Remember What The Dormouse Said -- Feed Your Head

greygoose
SEOP
Posts: 3183
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by greygoose »

Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:33 pm
The anonymity of a *fan* forum gives license to post things we would be very reluctant to tell a coach face to face. I am sure coaches do not surf the forums for our nuggets of wisdom. At best, the forums allow for us to pound our chests in make believe glory or at least to vent frustrations.
Games I've gone to this year, the fans don't hide behind some forum and pound their chest as you say. They're yelling loud and proud at the guy or the OC or the ref, basically anyone associated with the reason why their team isn't winning or playing well. If a coach really cared they can just turn around and see Timmy's momma giving him the business.



Omega
SEO
Posts: 2832
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: UpState SC

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Omega »

greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm
Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:33 pm
The anonymity of a *fan* forum gives license to post things we would be very reluctant to tell a coach face to face. I am sure coaches do not surf the forums for our nuggets of wisdom. At best, the forums allow for us to pound our chests in make believe glory or at least to vent frustrations.
Games I've gone to this year, the fans don't hide behind some forum and pound their chest as you say. They're yelling loud and proud at the guy or the OC or the ref, basically anyone associated with the reason why their team isn't winning or playing well. If a coach really cared they can just turn around and see Timmy's momma giving him the business.

GG, I misread the OP, thinking it was about criticism on the forums. I apologize. You are right about the *live* game criticisms. I help coach 6U and 8U baseball. There is always a group of parents that exercise their free speech rights to the extreme. The sad thing is their coaching criticism too often morphs into belittling their child's performance. That is crossing the line.


Remember What The Dormouse Said -- Feed Your Head

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22040
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Ironman92 »

Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 pm
greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm
Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:33 pm
The anonymity of a *fan* forum gives license to post things we would be very reluctant to tell a coach face to face. I am sure coaches do not surf the forums for our nuggets of wisdom. At best, the forums allow for us to pound our chests in make believe glory or at least to vent frustrations.
Games I've gone to this year, the fans don't hide behind some forum and pound their chest as you say. They're yelling loud and proud at the guy or the OC or the ref, basically anyone associated with the reason why their team isn't winning or playing well. If a coach really cared they can just turn around and see Timmy's momma giving him the business.

GG, I misread the OP, thinking it was about criticism on the forums. I apologize. You are right about the *live* game criticisms. I help coach 6U and 8U baseball. There is always a group of parents that exercise their free speech rights to the extreme. The sad thing is their coaching criticism too often morphs into belittling their child's performance. That is crossing the line.
What is 6u baseball?



Omega
SEO
Posts: 2832
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: UpState SC

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Omega »

Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:34 pm
Omega wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 pm
greygoose wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm


Games I've gone to this year, the fans don't hide behind some forum and pound their chest as you say. They're yelling loud and proud at the guy or the OC or the ref, basically anyone associated with the reason why their team isn't winning or playing well. If a coach really cared they can just turn around and see Timmy's momma giving him the business.

GG, I misread the OP, thinking it was about criticism on the forums. I apologize. You are right about the *live* game criticisms. I help coach 6U and 8U baseball. There is always a group of parents that exercise their free speech rights to the extreme. The sad thing is their coaching criticism too often morphs into belittling their child's performance. That is crossing the line.
What is 6u baseball?
Coach pitch baseball for 6 year olds and under. The fall tournament season is still going. They play youth baseball in South Carolina pretty much year around.


Remember What The Dormouse Said -- Feed Your Head

User avatar
mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 20831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by mattash »

Lol I find more people complaining about coaches on fb then on here anyway. I think coaches would probably prefer not knowing who is dogging them. I think we do ok cleaning it up though.


"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Hugh G Rection
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 11:43 am

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Hugh G Rection »

wobycat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.
I think what you should consider is the fact that just because you don’t like it or disagree or whatever doesn’t necessarily mean you know anything about what your upset about



wobycat
SEOP
Posts: 3374
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by wobycat »

Hugh G Rection wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:25 pm
wobycat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Thoughts on fans questioning coaches. Yes? No?

I’m probably in the minority here but I think it’s fine for a fan to complain when coaches make a mistake. Now I don’t think it’s something that should be aired out on social media or taken to the extreme but I think If you don’t agree, especially among friends, then say it.

One of things people always say, well put your name in the hat.

The funny thing is, coaches gripe at kids for not making the right play, I say suit up. Lol.
I think what you should consider is the fact that just because you don’t like it or disagree or whatever doesn’t necessarily mean you know anything about what your upset about
Definitely true. I was just wondering what people thought on the subject. Nice preps name.



User avatar
Howard Cosell
Varsity
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am
Location: The city that never sleeps.... Dexter, Ohio!

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Howard Cosell »

One thing that is a problem for fans is the fact that the rules at the various levels are pretty different. The NFL is fast becoming a sport in itself that is vastly different from the rest of the football universe. This makes it hard to understand what the refs are actually enforcing at times.


This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

User avatar
Howard Cosell
Varsity
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am
Location: The city that never sleeps.... Dexter, Ohio!

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by Howard Cosell »

And as for the coaching, I think it’s difficult to question when the best comments fans offer is:

1. “Ya gotta throw the ball.”

2. “Ya gotta block!”

3. “Ya gotta tackle!”


This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

123xxx
Riding the Bench
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Re: Questioning coaches and their decisions.

Post by 123xxx »

Woby-one...

If you’ve never been a head coach you have zero clue what it takes. Sure be a fan, be critical, be proud, be excited and be happy. But by no means think your opinion matters when it comes to hours of preparation that frankly 95% of the fans have no clue how to teach young people. I’m a fan and I love athletics. But I guess because of my many years in coaching (now happily retired), I am as the Bible states, slow to speak and quick to listen. It seems fans are just the opposite...emotional and quick to judge. So although you hate the sentiment of “put your name in the hat,” your perspective would be far broadened then it is presently. Simply stated, fans look from the front row (including me at times), and coaches look from the balcony.

But hey, It’s America...



Post Reply

Return to “Football”