State finlas location question

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 32787
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

State finlas location question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:32 am

The way it seems is sources are making the fans of the games think only one area in the state,

Does anyone else think this is true?



User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 25306
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: State finlas location question

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:37 am

they should keep them at the shoe for state championships. centrally located for anyone. can't beat the facilities.


IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Pol pot
S
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Pol pot » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:18 pm

How many times have I had to say this, OSU was not interested in hosting the Finals in Columbus. Can I come over to your house for dinner if I’m not invited? You’ve got this great answer of where the games should be, however, that’s not the question.



THEbuckeyes
Riding the Bench
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am

Re: State finlas location question

Post by THEbuckeyes » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:13 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:37 am
they should keep them at the shoe for state championships. centrally located for anyone. can't beat the facilities.
I agree 100% I posted in another thread that all the games 2nd round on should be at D-1 schools plus a couple pro stadiums maybe 15 total and that way all the kids get that experience of playing in great facilities. All of the BS about how to get the schools or facilities to let OHSAA use the facilities is a sales pitch and fees that can be settled once all the agreements are in place. If you need to get politics involved to put pressure on them then so be it. This entire tournament should be about the kids not about the bureaus of this town or that town.



Otto
Freshman Team
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 am

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Otto » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Pol pot wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:18 pm
How many times have I had to say this, OSU was not interested in hosting the Finals in Columbus. Can I come over to your house for dinner if I’m not invited? You’ve got this great answer of where the games should be, however, that’s not the question.
Yup. Current OSU football leadership does not want the games in the Shoe. The only reason the games were there for a short stint a few years ago was because of Jim Tressel. He was the one who wanted the games back and agreed to that deal with the OHSAA. As it stands now, I don't see the games returning to OSU anytime in the near future. I like Ryan Day, but he has no Ohio football ties and no incentive to want to host the championships.



yabbadabbadoo
SEOP
Posts: 3243
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by yabbadabbadoo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Stark county politicians are not letting the State finals get away from them. Even though attendance is dropping every year, they will let that happen.

Plenty of big enough stadiums around Columbus to host the finals.



Izladoom
Varsity
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:38 am

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Izladoom » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:49 am

I don’t think they should be at the shoe it’s way to big and makes for a horrible atmosphere seeing 75% of the stadium empty it needs to be in a high school stadium to feel right or mapfre stadium I think would be perfect it’s large enough to hold the crowd great parking and in Columbus



thebarlowbandit
All State
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by thebarlowbandit » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:04 am

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 pm
Stark county politicians are not letting the State finals get away from them. Even though attendance is dropping every year, they will let that happen.

Plenty of big enough stadiums around Columbus to host the finals.
Attendance was dropping in Columbus as well, as Otto and PP stated, OSU simply does not want the games. And more to this than just a field, the staffing and the people willing to put the event on, parking or a plan of parking, ability to host media etc,. The way I see it, you can have this as an event like many States, something special or you can be like WV and just have a game.



LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 32787
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: State finlas location question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:31 am

Please provide a link that shows where Ohio State does not want them and/or stats by OSU that they do not want them.
For that matter provide anything that shows where nobody else in the state wants them along with what the OHSAA offers to rent out these stadiums? I am guessing there is a lot more to this story. Somehow some who post are privy to this info.



Pol pot
S
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Pol pot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:20 am

Go to Board minutes and check out proposals of OSU v Canton. You can easily get an FOI from the city of Canton and from OSU to see their proposals or if they even submitted one. Personally, I have first hand knowledge of the subject, just because you have angry old man syndrome and find ways to complain about the OHSAA does not mean you are right. Prove to me that OSU wanted the Tournament and made a better bid.



LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 32787
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: State finlas location question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:32 am

Little lady I am one of the happiest people I know, but thanks again for being so wrong.



Pol pot
S
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Pol pot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:49 am

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:32 am
Little lady I am one of the happiest people I know, but thanks again for being so wrong.
I’m not wrong, if it’s not ticket cost, it’s program cost, parking cost or location. I give you first hand information, you choose to ignore that information. I tell where you can collect an FOI documents and see for yourself, however you’d rather spread rumors and unfounded opinions. He’ll go on Twitter and ask ED Snodgrass these questions directly. Beats spreading disinformation to meet your agenda.



LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 32787
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: State finlas location question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am

Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.



Pol pot
S
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Pol pot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am
Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.
LOL, calling names does not bother me 1 bit, but you are obviously offended very easily. Again, make educated post that are based on facts and you’d do quite a bit better. 3-4 different people told you the same information and your response was “prove it”. Fact is, you are the one who needs to approve your fallacy of opinions based on zero facts. Now excuse me, I am getting ready to walk into the Oklahoma semi finals, watching 5 games today.



LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 32787
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: State finlas location question

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:24 am

I was not calling you name I was guessing you were a female. If I was wrong on my guess, I do apologize.
It was not so much as wanting some to prove it, it was a case of me wanting a link to that info, which was never posted.
Have a nice day, as I am done posting on this topic. :)



Pol pot
S
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Pol pot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:53 am

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:24 am
I was not calling you name I was guessing you were a female. If I was wrong on my guess, I do apologize.
It was not so much as wanting some to prove it, it was a case of me wanting a link to that info, which was never posted.
Have a nice day, as I am done posting on this topic. :)
I’ve told you where you can find the information, actual facts and not just opinion on what you think should happen



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 20858
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Lol at this thread

Just trust pol pot on this one. She knows the ins and outs of all this



THEbuckeyes
Riding the Bench
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am

Re: State finlas location question

Post by THEbuckeyes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am

Pol pot wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am
Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.
LOL, calling names does not bother me 1 bit, but you are obviously offended very easily. Again, make educated post that are based on facts and you’d do quite a bit better. 3-4 different people told you the same information and your response was “prove it”. Fact is, you are the one who needs to approve your fallacy of opinions based on zero facts. Now excuse me, I am getting ready to walk into the Oklahoma semi finals, watching 5 games today.
Did Oklahoma change there set up they have 5 of them in one location now during semi's ? I know they were moving all the state finals to UCO but didn't know they were moving semi's somewhere also? I don't follow close just when I am in state for work will try to keep up with it a little and I didn't do much there this fall....



thebarlowbandit
All State
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: State finlas location question

Post by thebarlowbandit » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:20 pm

THEbuckeyes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am
Pol pot wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am
Little lady I did not ignore your info. I correct you about me, but go ahead and believe as you will. I am sure it makes your day.
LOL, calling names does not bother me 1 bit, but you are obviously offended very easily. Again, make educated post that are based on facts and you’d do quite a bit better. 3-4 different people told you the same information and your response was “prove it”. Fact is, you are the one who needs to approve your fallacy of opinions based on zero facts. Now excuse me, I am getting ready to walk into the Oklahoma semi finals, watching 5 games today.
Did Oklahoma change there set up they have 5 of them in one location now during semi's ? I know they were moving all the state finals to UCO but didn't know they were moving semi's somewhere also? I don't follow close just when I am in state for work will try to keep up with it a little and I didn't do much there this fall....
I would imagine that Pot was being facetious with his post.



Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19963
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: State finlas location question

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:36 pm

:lol: :lol: "Little lady" :lol: :lol:
The fact that I know PP IRL makes this hilarious :lol:


2019 TVC CHAMPIONS!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Post Reply

Return to “Football”