2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance Down Again In 2019

Otto
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 am

Re: 2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance Down Again In 2019

Post by Otto » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Pol pot wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 pm
The Flush wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm
Pol pot wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:46 pm


Mapfre is grass.
It is very nice grass that can handle a downpour.
And 7 games in 2.5 days? Yeah, do not think so. And the OHSAA would be on the hook for repairs, reseeding, re-sodding, would just add to the cost. Now, if Mapfire was turf, well that would be different! However, the field is NOT turf.
The flaw in your argument is that they have the state soccer finals at Mapfre. They play 6 games in only 2 days. And they keep the field in good enough shape to satisfy the OHSAA. Just in case you were wondering, they wear cleats too.



The Flush
JV Team
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 am

Re: 2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance Down Again In 2019

Post by The Flush » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:17 am

Pol pot wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 pm
The Flush wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm
Pol pot wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:46 pm


Mapfre is grass.
It is very nice grass that can handle a downpour.
And 7 games in 2.5 days? Yeah, do not think so. And the OHSAA would be on the hook for repairs, reseeding, re-sodding, would just add to the cost. Now, if Mapfire was turf, well that would be different! However, the field is NOT turf.
The Crew regularly hosts 3-4 high school games on Saturdays immediately before a Crew game and the field is still very nice for the Crew game.

There is a big difference between a professionally designed, installed, and maintained grass field and most high school grass fields.



Pol pot
S
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: 2019 OHSAA State Championship Games Attendance Down Again In 2019

Post by Pol pot » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm

The Flush wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:17 am
Pol pot wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 pm
The Flush wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm


It is very nice grass that can handle a downpour.
And 7 games in 2.5 days? Yeah, do not think so. And the OHSAA would be on the hook for repairs, reseeding, re-sodding, would just add to the cost. Now, if Mapfire was turf, well that would be different! However, the field is NOT turf.
The Crew regularly hosts 3-4 high school games on Saturdays immediately before a Crew game and the field is still very nice for the Crew game.

There is a big difference between a professionally designed, installed, and maintained grass field and most high school grass fields.
I happen to have a lot of experience in this field (literally), and the speed, weight and leverage used in a football game puts more pressure on the turf. 7 football games in 3 days, you would be the first complaining if your team played game 7 and it rained the past two days. And again, attendance was declining when the games were in Columbus. The Basketball tournament is in Columbus, however, look at that attendance trend!!! How do explain that?



Post Reply

Return to “Football”